GDT: Sens at B's 1 PM Dec 13, 2014

minpind

I don't even watch Hockey.......
Oct 4, 2014
Weymouth
The lack of a goal scorer is obvious. But there's something else that's bothering me about this team.

Why was the last game against Chicago the first game all season that this team found some passion and tried to rally everyone and battle back?

Did anyone on this team look the slightest bit upset about the fact this team isn't in a playoff spot and play that way?

Where is the battle and desperation? Why did the last game stick out so much because someone was actually trying to spur a comeback. What is going on in the locker room and on the bench? Because I don't think that's a problem one trade is going to fix.

Bergeron seems like more of a silent leader imo, I think he misses some of the guys in the room who were more vocal about things. Rask looks like the type to speak up, but I bet he doesn't choose his words carefully. Lucic is probably trying to step it up with the locker room pep-talks, but I imagine that is as awkward as a dad trying to talk to his son about the birds and the b's:naughty:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
the offense and defense suck.
how is rask in this suck conversation??

if not for our goalies we would be close to buffalo

Except that the Bruins have outshot their opponents this year and there are 40 other goalies with a better save percentage than Tuukka and 37 with a better goals against.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Except that the Bruins have outshot their opponents this year and there are 40 other goalies with a better save percentage than Tuukka and 37 with a better goals against.

How are shot numbers relevant he has to deal with this?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=696848

he is getting hung out to dry constantly.

Id take that 1 shot over the 15 Greggy Campbell floaters form outside the hashmarks at the top of the circle and 20 Lucic bombs straight into the goalies chest.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

our players screen tuukka more than the opponent.
we dont block shots.
we give up alot of quality chances.
he not worth 7 mil right now but our drfrnse and offense is beyond pathetic right now.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Pie with a post on an open net
Marchand with a missed backhand on an open net
Hamilton awful coverage on the first goal and Rask froze
Awful PP
Abysmal 3 on 1 in OT

Not a lot of things going right lately.

They better wake up before they have lost too much ground on the top-8.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

7m just doesn't get you what it used to :laugh: No seriously Tuukka is the best goalie in the world other than the other teams back ups that keep outplaying him.

Tuukka is the only goalie in the League that gets hung out to dry on every bad goal (lots) he lets in.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

How many of those 40 goalies are full time starters, and how many are backups?

And out shooting your opponents doesn't mean jack **** anymore.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
We should give Timmy a call. Seems like that's what some of you want.

Yes, anything less than historic levels of performance is unacceptable. I mean never mind the below-average to poor offensive contributions the goalie needs to be allowing 1 or fewer goals a game.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Not that it should make a difference, but.........

Tuukku is not in the top 20 of qualified leaders. Not good.

And I'm pretty sure out-shooting your opponent means the same as it always did.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
you know why my seats are empty because I forgot I had the tickets until 1 and said **** it....so bleeping pissed and I meant to check at 10 this morning and me and kid could have gone

second time in life I did this- last time Rick Tocchet scored a hat trick for Bruins

#needtoget****ogether

We saw no one there. It sucks to look over and not see you guys there.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Yes, anything less than historic levels of performance is unacceptable. I mean never mind the below-average to poor offensive contributions the goalie needs to be allowing 1 or fewer goals a game.

How about he gives up 1 or less for just A game and we can build off that? Rask and the team are playing like they don't trust the other to get the job done and it shows.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Not that it should make a difference, but.........

Tuukku is not in the top 20 of qualified leaders. Not good.

And I'm pretty sure out-shooting your opponent means the same as it always did.

Stats don't tell everything.

You can still outshoot your opponents and play like ass, which is what the B's have been doing in many games this year.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
How about he gives up 1 or less for just A game and we can build off that? Rask and the team are playing like they don't trust the other to get the job done and it shows.

If I were Rask and I had Trotman, Miller, and Seidenberg (on an off day) in front of me I wouldn't exactly trust my defense entirely either.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

Tuuka has the 22th best save percentage among goalies who have played at least 14 games.

He does have a .926 save percentage over the last 3 years, but his 3 backups (Khudobin, Johnson and Svedberg) have combined for a .924 save percentage...not much difference there.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
Tuuka needs a couple of games off, he bit hard on some of those fakes today and when he's on his game that doesn't happen.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So I thought Loui and Miller looked good today.

I have a feeling there will be a trade way before the deadline.

There is a hold on trades during the Christmas / New Year's holidays I believe.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Decenber 19th is the trade freeze if i am not mistaken my fair Ladyfan

aw...so sweet to older ladies...

When does the freeze come off ?

I have no doubt the B's management is looking into seeing if they can help out the team. I don't think it is that easy to find the right players.

I still think they need to find a winger to play with DK and Looch. For the D....well when Quaider comes back that should help. I still think they should have kept Johnny B. but too late now...

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
I like Rask's comments after today's game.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins · 3h3 hours ago
Rask: "I don't think we're feeling sorry for ourselves. We've talked about waking up & putting in the effort & doing all the right things.."

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins · 3h3 hours ago
Rask: "not going to get any better if we keep talking about it-we've just got to put our heads down, work hard & things are going to happen"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad