GDT: Sens at B's 1 PM Dec 13, 2014

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
Hey at least it's a good draft.
I hope this team turns the season around once 46 is back.
If not, Maybe we'll be sellers at the deadline who knows !

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
W - L stats for goalies is all that counts now. Forget who scores and gets assists. :help:

Heck - Rask is an overpaid $7million dollar player because he has less wins than losses and he can't score!!!!

He's a good goalie. Should have had that first goal. Giving up softies like that can deflate a team. Was also flopping and caught out of position on the second. Very Tim Thomas like. Good but not great. Needs to be better and steal a game for us every now and then.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Apparently Julien said he liked Cunnigham's game a lot. That's something. Maybe we see a nice healthy scratch in Gagne when he's back?

Also said our game was "average." Not sure what to make of that. Nothing about a moral victory though so that's good.

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
He's a good goalie. Should have had that first goal. Giving up softies like that can deflate a team. Was also flopping and caught out of position on the second. Very Tim Thomas like. Good but not great. Needs to be better and score in a game for us every now and then.

edited

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Quite simple really. Guys making less than 1 million dollars played better than him. They made the saves he couldn't.

We aren't getting blown out. Our offense sucks but Chicago and Ottawa weren't much better.

Who are these "1 million dollar guys" you speak of??

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
So is it Rask's fault or not?

You're all over the place.

Not his fault at all. I just think he should be able to steal us a game every now and then. But that's not happening. He's getting 1 up'd by opposing goalies. 2x backups in the past 2 games. It's a team game for sure. But goalies have been known to steal a game or two from time to time.

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
The obvious answer is that we need a finisher / actual goal scorer. Not so obvious is how that will happen... if at all.
I do know that we won't get a good scorer without giving up something significant in return so what should Chiarelli do ? I am sure he is trying but really, does he make a bold move or does he say to hell with it and move some pieces for picks ?
Without a significant upgrade in scoring we are going nowhere and the cap is only projected to go up $ 4 million which won't even allow us to keep all that we currently have let alone add so I hope he just dumps some dead weight for picks. The window for Chara to win another cup here is gone. Trade him while you can for his sake and ours.:(

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
I'm thinking Cid might like Rask if he wins a hockey fight :laugh:

Time for a shake up. What does this team have to lose with the way this season is going

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad