GDT: Sens at B's 1 PM Dec 13, 2014

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
What's the matter? I thought the play where Trotman dumped it in and iced it from the center line with noone around him was an awesome set play. CJ has this team firing on all cylinders.

Lol I go from staunchly disagreeing to completely agreeing with you.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
I remember the play, it was Griffith who took the puck out of a high scoring % area by banking the puck off the wall back to the pointman who was covered.

When you see a young player do that, its coaching IMO. This team just slaps the puck around the boards in the ozone with no offensive creativity.

Say what you will about Loui but at least he and Carl have some swedish creativity to their game.

Unfortunately they are missing the swedish finish. Get it? lol

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The lack of a goal scorer is obvious. But there's something else that's bothering me about this team.

Why was the last game against Chicago the first game all season that this team found some passion and tried to rally everyone and battle back?

Did anyone on this team look the slightest bit upset about the fact this team isn't in a playoff spot and play that way?

Where is the battle and desperation? Why did the last game stick out so much because someone was actually trying to spur a comeback. What is going on in the locker room and on the bench? Because I don't think that's a problem one trade is going to fix.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
This team is looking far from the presidents trophy winners from last year. Not looking like a playoff team at all. I'm not sure if it makes more sense to be selling off some assets or burning picks and prospects to try and fix this on the fly.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The issue is not the players, the issue is behind the bench. Too much focus on "defensive coverage". I think it was early in the third tonight that Louie had the puck behind the net all alone. The sens backed off to give him that space, and the third man up high cycled to the wall instead of to the net. That's coaching, and that is how you lose out on scoring. The game has changed, Claude has not. This league is about scoring on the rush, not off of tips from the d-men. Get rid of Claude and suddenly this team might begin to think about scoring.

Until the defensemen's play improves the forwards will have to help them out more. I think that is part of the problem with getting scoring opportunities, the forwards have to spend too much time helping on D.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The lack of a goal scorer is obvious. But there's something else that's bothering me about this team.

Why was the last game against Chicago the first game all season that this team found some passion and tried to rally everyone and battle back?

Did anyone on this team look the slightest bit upset about the fact this team isn't in a playoff spot and play that way?

Where is the battle and desperation? Why did the last game stick out so much because someone was actually trying to spur a comeback. What is going on in the locker room and on the bench? Because I don't think that's a problem one trade is going to fix.

I FINALLY saw that from Looch in his post game interview today.
Hopefully they all get the message.

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
Based in the way GM's move in Bruins and the fact he "won" a cup, I would say 6.4 billion years.

I hope Chara asks to be traded.

Probably has to much class, but this team is not winning jack, let alone squat.

He keeps thinking he is going to fleece sombody and get gold for rocks. After he fleeced Brian Burke he hasn't done much. Thought if he really needed to trade Seguin he hould have gotten a Taylor Hall type in return. Like maybe Taylor Hall:sarcasm:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Got it! You have a vendetta against Rask.

According to Cid, the Bruins suckage so far this season is because of Rask. Hockey is not a team game anymore - it's all on the goalies!!

Not one person even hinted at that. Would be nice to see Rask someday take the team on his back and carry them with some Tim Thomas results and instead of 2-3 goals against, be giving up 0-1.

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan

I don't know what it is about this game today. Final straws maybe.

But I'm pissed off today. Pissed off at the team. Pissed off at Chiarelli. Pissed off at the refs.

Pissed off about this crap ****in result. Far too often we are seeing this team outshoot its opponent. .Out chance them. Whatever. And we can't score goals. And we can't buy a ****in win.

Sorry all. I'm through with patience.

You know things are bad when MMB is pissed.

I thought after the better effort in the 3rd against the Hawks they would blow the Sens out today but again a half assed effort. They are sitting outside a playoff spot and the effort is still only there for short spurts. Something is definitely off with this group to keep playing like this.

This team gets so many chances and cannot finish. It cost them the series against the habs last year and has continued all this season. It is beyond frustrating to see how many botched 3 on 1's and other great chances they **** up.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Absolutely, but I'm talking about this year. That Lundvist guy in NYR made it a business carrying his garbage Rangers team to the playoffs for years.

I guess I just have different philosophy on goalies. If you have a guy who can consistently only give up 2 goals a game the team should be winning.

Like Crawford in CHI. I think that the goal is balance if you rely too heavily on a goalie (Tim Thomas 2011 play offs) then success is possible but not sustainable. Rask is low on my list of people to blame for this abysmal season.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I guess I just have different philosophy on goalies. If you have a guy who can consistently only give up 2 goals a game the team should be winning.

Like Crawford in CHI. I think that the goal is balance if you rely too heavily on a goalie (Tim Thomas 2011 play offs) then success is possible but not sustainable. Rask is low on my list of people to blame for this abysmal season.

For what its worth, i agree with you.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
the offense and defense suck.
how is rask in this suck conversation??

if not for our goalies we would be close to buffalo

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Absolutely.

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013

Absolutely agree 100%.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

Hit the nail on the head.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Not one person even hinted at that. Would be nice to see Rask someday take the team on his back and carry them with some Tim Thomas results and instead of 2-3 goals against, be giving up 0-1.

Even in 2011, there was absolutely no reason why Thomas had to carry that team on his back. Obviously it was great that he did, but it's something a goalie shouldn't have to do if the team in front of him is good enough (which they were, in 2011).

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan

Agreed and I think it goes back to what you mentioned before about the D core.

IMO a very under appreciated aspect from a good D group is the ability to tie guys up and get stick on stick not allowing the opposition to get their sticks on the point shots. When shots do get through, the ability for the D to clear rebounds and help the goalie out is huge. No question that rebound control from a goalie is very important but there are times where there are rebounds loose in front. That is just a reality. In the past our D has been stellar at clearing those second chances. That has not been the case this year. We are constantly losing battles in front and that is killing us.

Even in 2011, there were games where even scoring 3 wasn't enough to win. Goalies are going to have those games. The O needs to be able to pick up the slack.

Bottom line is if we continue to assault the post and the boards/glass instead of the mesh, we are not going to win very many hockey games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad