Confirmed with Link: Sens acquire Callahan + pick for Condon + pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You can tell the Sens have no one left in marketing and public relations to come out and do damage control after what was the most depressing move this summer. Usually you'd think they'd make an effort to give the fans something positive to counteract these cost-cutting moves and boost season-ticket sales, especially when you get all these articles being published calling them out on these types of trades, but it seems like they've given up on that front. I can only imagine how empty the arena will be come October.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You can tell the Sens have no one left in marketing and public relations to come out and do damage control after what was the most depressing move this summer. Usually you'd think they'd make an effort to give the fans something positive to counteract these cost-cutting moves and boost season-ticket sales, especially when you get all these articles being published calling them out on these types of trades, but it seems like they've given up on that front. I can only imagine how empty the arena will be come October.
Didn't Dorion make some sort of statement that because this was the first time they knowingly traded for an LTIRetire contract, everything is on the up and up?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That Condon contract was a significant overpay, especially on term. What had he ever done to earn a three year deal? At least we learned from it, as the Nilsson deal is a lot smarter.

In the meantime, in that same summer of 2017 we could have probably signed Mark Stone to a pretty team friendly long term extension, but somehow whiffed and didn't get it done...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Didn't Dorion make some sort of statement that because this was the first time they knowingly traded for an LTIRetire contract, everything is on the up and up?

Yeah, but that's just the GM discussing his own trade(and making things worse as usual). I was talking about actual PR and marketing to create more positive vibes. All they've done is sit on it and lose their head of marketing lol.

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
You can tell the Sens have no one left in marketing and public relations to come out and do damage control after what was the most depressing move this summer.
This deal is not a depressive move. Just "the world is crazy." On this branch.
P.S. The 27th page for worthless trading ... This is definitely crazy.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
This deal is not a depressive move. Just "the world is crazy." On this branch.
P.S. The 27th page for worthless trading ... This is definitely crazy.

Whats crazy is the a Sens have cut salary like nobodies business but have not filled any executive positions... that make a fraction of what players cost

Reactions: Deku

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
Whats crazy is the a Sens have cut salary like nobodies business but have not filled any executive positions... that make a fraction of what players cost

There is no great need for this.

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
The positions should be filled with all the money they have saved

It’s absolutely pathetic that they have that many vacancies
The money they saved should be used to sign players and scouts. There is a need right now. The rest is not very important.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Surprised the other 30 clubs don’t go to the no executive structure since they are “not important”

Any other management group as bare bones as Ottawa in the NHL/NBA/MLB/NFL

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
Ottawa is doing a good job of rebuilding with the current front office. I do not see much need for change. Add someone, that's good. Not add, also not а bad.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Ottawa is doing a good job of rebuilding with the current front office. I do not see much need for change. Add someone, that's good. Not add, also not а bad.

I guess that’s why ticket sails are soaring... expect to see constant sellouts this year since the Sens are doing a good job rebuilding

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
I guess that’s why ticket sails are soaring... expect to see constant sellouts this year since the Sens are doing a good job rebuilding
A decline in ticket sales has always been a rebuilding. And it will always be so. Even in better markets than Ottawa. Except Toronto, of course.:)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I cant tell if this is serious or sarcastic.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Are you not comfortable with the pool of young Ottawa players?
Are you comfortable with trading picks for salary dumps when they should be retaining assets to continue the rebuild instead..... Its a pretty simple concept. If you cant grasp it we dont need to continue this conversation we simply arent on the same page.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
@Hun

Here is a great post by Yak explaining why its not a real rebuild and how its a tear down. Below his post are two articles and a vlog all from major media sources explaining why its not a proper rebuild. It also alludes to why the sens need a real front office, player develolment, and skill development to do a successful rebuild.

Watching young kids develop is fun but this rebuild is a joke, the moves this off season were all cost cutting moves not asset building , which is what this team should have been doing with all it's cap space.

This is not a rebuild this is a restructuring of Melynks debt due to lope holes in the LTIR CBA clause. Their is not one single hockey move that was not about cutting costs. This is a recipe for disaster of epic proportions!

Is one thing to have a youth movement but one flaw in these dumbies plan is that sometimes these prospects don't pan out. What will they do then? Sign some UFA's , B.S. we know scrooge is too cheap and the good UFA's would even take Dorion's calls? Trades well we know Dorion will get fleeced.

Melynk is every pro-sports fans worst nightmare as a owner. Washed up has been Billionaire that does not care about the team, franchise or the city. A complete embarrassment to the NHL and pro-sports. He is everything a NHL owner should not be and makes the league look bad period.

Dorion is a horrible GM and in any other organization would have never been given the job. He is nothing but a puppet for this lunatic boss and is obviously out classed by other GM's. His lies and excuses and fake contract offers, doing Melynks dirty work shows he has 0 integrity as GM that you could trust your franchise with. He is a glorified scout at best.

Allowing these two crooks to run this franchise is black eye on the NHL , while some people loath Bettman , the fact he has let this crazy owner and his joke of a organization continue to with this dog and pony show is one of Bettman's low point in his tenure.

Bettman's job is too make sure we have solid ownership of all teams and made sure they are run properly in the best interest of the players, the league and the fans. He has failed to intervene or force crazy Melynk out or atleast abide by some kind of proper structure. He has let the inmate run the asylum to the point of disgrace.

The media! How the hell does anyone in their right mind not be calling this franchise out on a daily basis baffles me. Maybe Melynk has made this team to point everyone has given up on it but I feel NHL media personality's have gone soft on this team.NHL media will over analyze every trade,signing or lack of that it becomes their daily story. If one of these media companies really did their job they would expose Melynk and his borderline Ponzi scheme he is running in this city. You could honestly do a weekly series on all the crap Melynk does and get some crazy ratings because it is modern day soap opera series bigger then peter pocklington or Bruce mcnall. Just waiting for a indictment on Melynk for fraud and it may come. Team 1200 and BG and rest of Ottawa media are so soft scared if being blacklisted that they have become untrustworthy for so many years.

The fans and city and the league deserve better then this crook and his con-man Dorion to ruin this once well respected franchise to the point the worst ran pro-sports franchise in the world!

God bless the fans who are so passionate about this team that we see past all the b.s. and criticism of every dumb move made and call the team out. We could just sit back and not care but that is not Ottawa Senators fans we are the most passionate fans and will burn you at the stake or praise you! We are forgiving and understanding to a point but to try and make us look like fools with your B.S. rebuild is a insult to our intelligence! You are not smarter then the fans , you just happen to be the owner for now but not for long!

We will watch the games , tv or maybe in person but we will not buy the bull**** any longer. We do this cause we love the team and are fighting for the average fan that does not have a fricken clue but we will fight when this team franchise and city is being taken advantage of.

I am sorry for the crazy long post but I can't hold my tongue or my post back anymore. I love the players and trust them only. Everything else in the organization other then the fans stink like B.S..

I have worked for the NHL in the stats Dept a decade ago and have ties to local media and corporate sponsorers, I don't ask for inside information but I did break the counter suit and hopefully one day I get some I do on the day that Melynk is on his way out.

Peace everyone!

ESPN
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27300549/the-wysh-list-senators-violating-spirit-cba

YAHOO
Senators continue cutting costs to shockingly low levels

SPORTSNET Tim and Sid

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What deals do you mean?
Brassard, Zaitsev, Callahan, Stone, Karlsson, Dzingel, Duchene.

Oh yeah finishing last and second last back to back years but only have two top 50 prospects no one in the top 10. On top of the horrid finishes they traded 2 franchise level players, and a first line center. Still dont have a top 10 prospect pool. Wanna look at a rebuild done properly look at NJ and the NYR.

Trading cap space for salary dumps. Picks for salary dumps.

But you think this has been a successful rebuild? You think Dorion doesnt need to be replaced or the bare minimum get some serious help.....

If youre simply ok with this then your standards are very low.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
@Hun

Here is a great post by Yak explaining why its not a real rebuild and how its a tear down. Below his post are two articles and a vlog all from major media sources explaining why its not a proper rebuild. It also alludes to why the sens need a real front office, player develolment, and skill development to do a successful rebuild.

ESPN
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27300549/the-wysh-list-senators-violating-spirit-cba

YAHOO
Senators continue cutting costs to shockingly low levels

SPORTSNET Tim and Sid

There is nothing about rebuilding here. The post is water only. No facts, no arguments. Insults only. It can be seen that the person is just enjoying the spite. Taking such a text seriously is stupid.
The links are also nothing about rebuilding, about cap space only. Except "Yes, there's a youth movement afoot; and to GM Pierre Dorion's credit, the team is absolutely stacked with draft picks for the foreseeable future."

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There is nothing about rebuilding here. The post is water only. No facts, no arguments. Insults only. It can be seen that the person is just enjoying the spite. Taking such a text seriously is stupid.
The links are also nothing about rebuilding, about cap space only. Except "Yes, there's a youth movement afoot; and to GM Pierre Dorion's credit, the team is absolutely stacked with draft picks for the foreseeable future."
Yet im supposed to take your post seriously after thats what you derived from these articles, vlogs and a post by an active poster who has been consistent in his message while providing well thought our arguments on this board for a decade.

Either you didnt take the time to read the articles or you have a hard time extracting the information. Its explained in precise detail how the sens could/should be rebuilding but they are not.

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
Yet im supposed to take your post seriously after thats what you derived from these articles, vlogs and a post by an active poster who has been consistent in his message while providing well thought our arguments on this board for a decade.

Either you didnt take the time to read the articles or you have a hard time extracting the information. Its explained in precise detail how the sens could/should be rebuilding but they are not.
Can you give at least some arguments for this post?
Or can you show quotes from the links that talk about rebuilding, and not about working on cap space?

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
There is no great need for this.

Then why does every other NHL team have those positions filled?

As a reminder, by definition every other NHL team is more successful than Ottawa as Ottawa finished dead last in the league last year.

Why do you believe they are not needed?

You made the claim so you have to provide the evidence why its true.

There is no way anyone should take the claim that all the major executive positions being unfilled is "no great need " seriously.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Can you give at least some arguments for this post?
Or can you show quotes from the links that talk about rebuilding, and not about working on cap space?

Cap space is an asset, in the ESPN article it specifically talks about it and how even Arizona used it to aquire asstets. As opposed to dumping salary instead. Tim Mcaliff explains the exact same thing in the vlog.

My post below specifically outlines how the rebuild has been horribly done thus far.
Brassard, Zaitsev, Callahan, Stone, Karlsson, Dzingel, Duchene.

Oh yeah finishing last and second last back to back years but only have two top 50 prospects no one in the top 10. On top of the horrid finishes they traded 2 franchise level players, and a first line center. Still dont have a top 10 prospect pool. Wanna look at a rebuild done properly look at NJ and the NYR.

Trading cap space for salary dumps. Picks for salary dumps.

But you think this has been a successful rebuild? You think Dorion doesnt need to be replaced or the bare minimum get some serious help.....

If youre simply ok with this then your standards are very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad