Confirmed with Link: Sens acquire Bobby Ryan (for Silfverberg, Noesen, 2014 1st)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
EDIT

Its false i read it wrong, then over time it must of changed in my mind..

Last edited:

Jhero

Jun 29, 2007
@b_ryan9: @JasonRoseEh I'm not a free agent man. I got traded

And the dude asked about the caps, not Philly

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Jason Rose ‏@JasonRoseEh 5 Jul
@b_ryan9 shoulda signed with the Caps!!!

Bobby Ryan ‏@b_ryan9 5 Jul
@JasonRoseEh I'm not a free agent man. I got traded

that was the original tweet, i must of been drunk or somethin...

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Jason Rose ‏@JasonRoseEh 5 Jul
@b_ryan9 shoulda signed with the Caps!!!

Bobby Ryan ‏@b_ryan9 5 Jul
@JasonRoseEh I'm not a free agent man. I got traded

that was the original tweet, i must of been drunk or somethin...

It looks like someone doesn't know the difference between a trade and a free agent. :shakehead

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
It'd be different if he did say that about the Flyers, because there were rumors he did want to go to Philly. I think he's just simply telling a fan he had no choice, doubt he'd ever go to Washington anyways.

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012
Ryan is probably gone in 2 years.

How long is Silfverberg's contract, perhaps we can get him back? ;)

Silfverberg will be RFA for quite a while.

And it makes so much sense that Silfv got traded when you think about the kind of player Murray likes.

TheOriginalSilf*

I'm not worried about Ryan not re-signing. I mean, he's yet to put on a Sens jersey, how about we worry about that in the future?

Bryan Murray isn't an idiot. I doubt he'd have acquired Ryan if he didn't seriously believe that they could lock him up for a few more years.

TheOriginalSilf*

Ryan joined Fan590 yesterday morning to discuss the trade.
listen

Quick witted, down to Earth and very genuine. That's the sort of personality that I've heard in recent interviews. Still feels kind of surreal that we landed a guy with as much skill as Bobby Ryan.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Quick witted, down to Earth and very genuine. That's the sort of personality that I've heard in recent interviews. Still feels kind of surreal that we landed a guy with as much skill as Bobby Ryan.

Sounds like a good kid.

I think when he settles down and looks around the room and sees the potential here, that he'll want to stick around. This team has "future contender" written all over it.

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville

Along with Greening, we might have the smartest most well spoken team in the league.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Sorry Bobby. The correct response to "shoulda signed with the Caps!" was "**** you, buddy. Senators for wife! #yoloswag" not "I'm not a free agent man. I got traded."

Shame. Better luck next time on Senators Fans get Horribly Paranoid and Interpret Innocent and Actually Totally Professional Twitter Responses as Signs of the Apocalypse! Our marketing department thought a long name gave us a certain gravitas.

bigfatfist

Apr 17, 2012
Am I missing something? I understand, Bobby Ryan grew up in a suburb of Philly till he was what...like 10? Later, his convict father who left the family spouted off that he should go back there.

Bobby Ryan himself moved out to Idaho because he love outdoor sports. He stayed, and openly talks about loving playing in Owen Sound as a hockey market. He comes out and says that he thinks Ottawa will be a better fit for him than Anaheim....a region where he's lived his whole adult life.

Hahahah...anyone that thinks it's a fait accompli he doesn't re-sign is a straight hater.

Just need him to pick a number so I can go get my Bobby Ryan jersey!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad