Post-Game Talk: Sens 4, Pens 3 (OT) - Buffalo for All The Marbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I'd almost feel more confident if we were playing the last 2 games with WBS (+Hornqvist) at this point.

At least they'll act like they care.

I suggest you all listen to Savran on 970 am right now. He's going off on the team and players (Sutter, Lovejoy). You can listen on iHeart if you are on mobile. Also will have Steigy and someone else as guests at 12:30 and 1:00.

Stan is on a blessed RANT. Wow.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Lol if you are going to keep the worthless Craig Adams on the roster, you might as well use him in the 3 seconds of play that actually makes sense. I would like to think he's good enough to stand in the way.

Personally.. I would have sent Sutter, Crosby, and Winnik. Winnik has a long reach and big body.

Winnik was totally gassed. He struggled throughout the third peroid with his skating and energy.

Spaling, Hornqvist, or Lapierre would have been better choices than Kunitz. Adams is probably too slow, and Comeau, while fast, hasn't been that reliable defensively or with shot-blocking.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Honestly, I don't think MJ's brain works right. BB-sutter-Perron score, play great and have a great shift, next shift he puts speaking is BBs place.

They had 3 very good shifts agt the Flyers when they were put together in the third period of that game. And then they score on their first shift last night, and MJ decides they need split up.

It's like a comedy sketch for The State with Old Fashioned Guy behind the bench.

Winnik was totally gassed. He struggled throughout the third peroid with his skating and energy.

I don't think he was gassed. He was hurt from that huge shot he took.

YinzAintBurgh*

The play was covered up. Hornqvist was back in plenty of time and misread his assignment, as I stated above. Malkin jumped on with plenty of time to cover the last man back.

You just seem like the typical Yinzer fan. I'd say no offense, but I won't play coy.

If you want to get technical it was Hornys man that scored where Crosby was suppose to be. This isn't basketball. A hard backcheck would have broken that play up. Malkin almost did but he had to wait for Crosby to get off the ice and he's injured. I'm sure you didn't need a typical Yinzer to breakdown that for you or maybe you did ;)

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If you want to get technical it was Hornys man that scored where Crosby was suppose to be. This isn't basketball. A hard backcheck would have broken that play up. Malkin almost did but he had to wait for Crosby to get off the ice and he's injured. I'm sure you didn't need a typical Yinzer to breakdown that for you or maybe you did ;)

The more you type, the more you expose how little you understand the game.

Hornqvist was up high. As the first fwd back you back check to the middle of the ice, which Hornqvist did. Stone was his man. He mis-read his assignment and went past him. That left Stone all alone in the slot to pick his corner.

Crosby's man, the last man back, came off the ice. Malkin was on with plenty of time to cover up his man coming off the bench.

If you are going to rant and rave and throw out ludicrous statements about Crosby, at least understand what the hell you are watching. It's quite clear you don't.

YinzAintBurgh*

The more you type, the more you expose how little you understand the game.

Hornqvist was up high. As the first fwd back you back check to the middle of the ice, which Hornqvist did. Stone was his man. He mis-read his assignment and went past him. That left Stone all alone in the slot to pick his corner.

Crosby's man, the last man back, came off the ice. Malkin was on with plenty of time to cover up his man coming off the bench.

If you are going to rant and rave and throw out ludicrous statements about Crosby, at least understand what the hell you are watching. It's quite clear you don't.

Hornqvist stopped him from going to his side and forced him back to the middle/left side of the ice where the other winger was suppose to be. By your logic if the other teams D man sat at center ice Crosby is suppose to stay with him instead of backchecking. Apparently this is basketball now.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
I question all that jazz... those are asking prices. I want to see secondary market sold trends in the last 5-10 weeks.

Most people put their tickets up for like 2x the ticket price. They either sell or you go to the game. It's win/win. So I don't really believe in all that. But then again - i haven't seen any Pens secondary market trends.
My gf is a season ticket holder in section 214 and there has been SEVERAL occasions where the tickets did not sell at the minimum (44$) ticket exchange would let us sell them. Only once or twice would the tickets sell at face or above face. The only time a nice profit was had was from the st Patrick's day game. I'm guessing resale prices are at an all time low, or close to it, for consol.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
The one proud moment is early in the 3rd for Hornqvist. Errey said he was screaming at the bench to pick it up. Horny saw what was happening and tried to stop it. But man.. when that ball starts rolling downhill, it speeds up quickly. Such is life as a Pens fan.

It made me love him even more, even though I thought it was an exercise in futility because the bench wasn't full of Hornqvists that would actually respond and step up.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Hornqvist stopped him from going to his side and forced him back to the middle/left side of the ice where the other winger was suppose to be. By your logic if the other teams D man sat at center ice Crosby is suppose to stay with him instead of backchecking. Apparently this is basketball now.

You are trying to make up some bogus coverage assignments that don't exist so you can save face for your little misguided rant. Nothing more.

Crosby was the low fwd. Hornqvist was the high fwd. Hornqvist got back and made it 3-3. Crosby and the fourth Sen got off the ice. Malkin got on the ice AHEAD of the last man back coming off the Sens bench.

Up ice Hornqvist failed to identify his man, Stone, and he put it in the back of the net.

These are basic 4on4 coverage assignments and yet it confounds you.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
There's no penalty for not playing well for the majority of the team. Half ass it and you may get 1 or 2 shifts off your normal line. Other than that, there's no accountability for playing bad. You think Kunitz, Scuds, Sutter, or Lovejoy sit? Psh...

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I really feel bad for Horny. He's the most balls-to-the-wall player I've ever seen and deserves a good team that goes even half as hard as he does.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i can't imagine being perron and horny thinking you're coming to paradise

YinzAintBurgh*

You are trying to make up some bogus coverage assignments that don't exist so you can save face for your little misguided rant. Nothing more.

Crosby was the low fwd. Hornqvist was the high fwd. Hornqvist got back and made it 3-3. Crosby and the fourth Sen got off the ice. Malkin got on the ice AHEAD of the last man back coming off the Sens bench.

Up ice Hornqvist failed to identify his man, Stone, and he put it in the back of the net.

These are basic 4on4 coverage assignments and yet it confounds you.

I've agreed it was Hornqvist man but a proper backcheck from Crosby could have helped stop it. Not to mention somebody that puts as much effort as Hornqvist all game cannot be taking 1 min + long shifts in overtime hence his lackluster effort but I digress.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
i can't imagine being perron and horny thinking you're coming to paradise

Perron probably is wondering how he ends up on a team with Crosby and Malkin, yet doesn't get to play with either of them because the coach decides guys like Kunitz and Comeau absolutely can't be removed from the top six.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
There's no penalty for not playing well for the majority of the team. Half ass it and you may get 1 or 2 shifts off your normal line. Other than that, there's no accountability for playing bad. You think Kunitz, Scuds, Sutter, or Lovejoy sit? Psh...

IDK.. The penalty is you might miss the playoffs in spectacular, once-in-a-decade fashion. Public embarrassment. We have a lot of guys playing for their next contract, either here or elsewhere.

To me the team looks a little tired. I could understand the D being taxed from missing Pouliot and having to roll 5 guys very recently.. but I'm not sure why even some of the forwards look gassed. MJ gets them to practice pretty hard, maybe it's a little too hard. I doubt that's it, though.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If we hadn't given up the 1st I'd be fine with missing the playoffs. I'd rather get stomped in the 1st round than potential give up McDavid.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm officially out of ****s to give. Do they make the playoffs? Who cares? It would only delay the inevitable. I'm so sick of watching a team whose coach continually uses Rob Scuderi and Ben Lovejoy as shutdown defensemen despite it being obvious every day that they suck. **** off.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm officially out of ****s to give. Do they make the playoffs? Who cares? It would only delay the inevitable. I'm so sick of watching a team whose coach continually uses Rob Scuderi and Ben Lovejoy as shutdown defensemen despite it being obvious every day that they suck. **** off.

I'm sick of watching a team whose recent GMs think employing Scuderi and Lovejoy is a good idea.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Was there a discernable play that DP got injured on?? If so I missed it.(probably with eyes on this site at the time). Or was that just an excuse to keep him off the ice?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I've agreed it was Hornqvist man but a proper backcheck from Crosby could have helped stop it. Not to mention somebody that puts as much effort as Hornqvist all game cannot be taking 1 min + long shifts in overtime hence his lackluster effort but I digress.

Crosby was trapped behind the circle and needed to get off. It happens dozens of times a game. He saw Hornqvist getting back and got off the ice. You are simply trying to find fault with a routine play.

If Hornqvist goes to Stone and gets on his stick, that play never happens. Hornqvist didn't even have a lackluster effort on that play. He hustled back and was right there, but went past Stone. He just made a bad read. It wasn't for lack of effort though.

I also have no problem with those two extending their shift. Who else was going to score? Malkin with Kunitz would have been next, followed by Comeau and Sutter. How inspiring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad