Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ WHC

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
$

As if White is pencilled in as 3rd line C on the f***ing US national team and Boucher had him playing on the 4th line with Burrows for 90% of his games playned in the NHL this year, all the while Pageau was playing 2nd C producing nothing

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
As if White is pencilled in as 3rd line C on the ****ing US national team and Boucher had him playing on the 4th line with Burrows for 90% of his games playned in the NHL this year, all the while Pageau was playing 2nd C producing nothing

He got the 1st period today between Gaudreau and Kane.. they must like him a little. They moved him to the 4th line C for the rest of the game.. I would look at him as a 11th or 12th forward regardless of where he lines up for balance purposes. He looked ok today, let's see how he does.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He got the 1st period today between Gaudreau and Kane.. they must like him a little. They moved him to the 4th line C for the rest of the game.. I would look at him as a 11th or 12th forward regardless of where he lines up for balance purposes. He looked ok today, let's see how he does.

White should have been on the 1st line for the second half of this season in Belleville. Just another example of the complete lack of competent people in this org.

Awesomeakel

Feb 16, 2016
According to this article: IIHF - IIHF Disciplinary board decision

Lias Anderson is too old for the 2019 world juniors
Jesper Boqvist is too old for the 2019 world juniors
Dahlin oddly was not suspended for the 2019 world juniors but the 2019 U18s . He'll be too old
only Olle Eriksson Ek can't play in the 2019 World juniors.

Unless this was a mistake in reporting it seems pretty ridiculous

Lias got four games in the senior wc next year suspended, They changed it after realising the first one had no effect, or after lias told the media he does not really care since he is done with jr anyway, Or something like that, it all on expressen.se/sport
Im too lazy to actually go Get the links right Now. Sorry :p

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's fine if you weren't insulted by it, but it`s absolutely showing a lack of respect for what it takes to win that medal. It may not meet his personal standards for what is acceptable to win silver, but treating something that lots of people around him worked extremely hard to get with such disdain is pretty much the definition of disrespect.
Okay what if they all tossed.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
As if White is pencilled in as 3rd line C on the ****ing US national team and Boucher had him playing on the 4th line with Burrows for 90% of his games playned in the NHL this year, all the while Pageau was playing 2nd C producing nothing
Lmaoo now if you actually watched the game you would know those lines didn't last

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Okay what if they all tossed.
So the entire team would be disrespecting the tournament, those who organized the tournament, the other teams that played in the tournament, past teams that worked hard and were proud other achievements in the tournament etc? Sure, that would still be disrespectful. Even if every single player in the tournament decided to toss their medals, it's still disrespectful.

Look, I get it, silver is meaningless to you, and apparently that kid. That doesn't mean it isn't disrespectful when somebody shows utter disdain towards the thing. Convincing more people to show that same disregard towards it just means more people are showing a lack of respect for that that medal is supposed to symbolize.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I would kill to have a player like Lias on this team.

I want to see a guy who is pissed off when the game is going wrong and not smiling on the bench and being praised for having a positive attitude.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So the entire team would be disrespecting the tournament, those who organized the tournament, the other teams that played in the tournament, past teams that worked hard and were proud other achievements in the tournament etc? Sure, that would still be disrespectful. Even if every single player in the tournament decided to toss their medals, it's still disrespectful.

Look, I get it, silver is meaningless to you, and apparently that kid. That doesn't mean it isn't disrespectful when somebody shows utter disdain towards the thing. Convincing more people to show that same disregard towards it just means more people are showing a lack of respect for that that medal is supposed to symbolize.
It’s not meaningless to me. I honestly have somewhat of an issue with it being presented at all and I always have. But no, finishing second IS an accomplishment. I just don’t care that someone else doesn’t care about.

Annnyyyyway rules are rules. If the rules there that you can’t conduct yourself like that then you should pay some sort of price when you break the rule

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Starts on the first line ends up on the fourth line. I don’t like that at all. Not surprised he didn’t click with ultra talented players though

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Starts on the first line ends up on the fourth line. I don’t like that at all. Not surprised he didn’t click with ultra talented players though

I have no idea why they had him there to begin with... He has the least NHL experience of any forward on the team. He played 4th line today.. again and played well. That's more where he fits on that team.. hes's not the worst guy out there so he could move up a line but probably not. You have a chance to watch Quinn Hughes play there as well

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We have to remember, those were just boys. It should've been an important teaching moment for the coaching staff. After all, that is one of the main reasons parents put kids into sport, as a tool to develop our kids and teach them about values and work ethic.

I can see the IIHF wanting to do something about throwing the medal into the stands. That shouldn't be tolerated. But simply taking the medals off doesn't feel like something they should worry about or try to regulate.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We have to remember, those were just boys. It should've been an important teaching moment for the coaching staff. After all, that is one of the main reasons parents put kids into sport, as a tool to develop our kids and teach them about values and work ethic.

I can see the IIHF wanting to do something about throwing the medal into the stands. That shouldn't be tolerated. But simply taking the medals off doesn't feel like something they should worry about or try to regulate.

He didn't just take it off though, he threw it into the stands.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Annnyyyyway rules are rules. If the rules there that you can’t conduct yourself like that then you should pay some sort of price when you break the rule

I think this is the important thing. If they don't enforce some kind of respect for the tournament then it will quickly dissolve into a joke. Remember when the Russian team left the ice before the Canadian national anthem? You can say "who cares? I don't care if they listen to the other team's anthem", but it's extremely disrespectful and there's a reason they enforce that kind of stuff in sports, so it doesn't just become a free-for-all. As for the medal incident, I think it was really nice of him to give his medal to a fan :D

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
White had a good game today for the USA. He was moved up off the 4th line. 12:59 toi .. He had a breakaway and missed on a deke.. He set P Kane up nice at the end of the first but did not score. The German goalie stood on his head for the first half of the game. Compared to Milano 4:40 , Tage Thompson 2:40; Gibbons 8:55; Coleman 11:55

Reactions: Newgates59

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If White becomes a complementary top 6 forward then that would be pretty huge for us.

Imagine we get Tkachuk and he becomes our Simmonds on the first line with Hoffman and Duchene, then White stabilizes second like with Stone and Brown/whoever, would be pretty sweet and allow us to add a physical speedy dimension to our top 6 we've been lacking for while.

Reactions: Newgates59

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad