Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ WHC

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I was looking for a thread in which to share the news that Chabot will be playing in the WHC this summer; I couldn't find a thread about Chabot and then I thought, hey, we have a few guys who might play a few more weeks of hockey... might as well keep track.

Confirmed:

re: White

We know Duchene isn't going:
Matt Duchene won't attend world championships

We can also count out Ceci and Stone due to contract status.

Anyways, if there is any news about Sens and the WHC, post it here. And, of course, feel free to discuss any news, speculation, or opinions regarding the tournament.

Last edited:

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
And great for his career. Awesome, can't wait till next month!

>>> Games <<<

getimage.ashx.jpg

Last edited:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wish STONE decided to go! :oops:

Cant wait....

I hear you, but coming off an injury and heading to RFA status means that Stone would be strongly advised by his agent not to go.

It's worth noting as well that the Worlds are a long commitment for these guys - it's over three weeks, closer to a month when you add in the travel, couple of practices before, etc. If it was a quick 10 day event more guys might go, but the IIHF goes all in and has a massive tournament...

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
The TSN radio guys said maybe White...dont have anything else to go on but that would be fantastic for him particularly due to how many injuries he has had past couple seasons.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The TSN radio guys said maybe White...dont have anything else to go on but that would be fantastic for him particularly due to how many injuries he has had past couple seasons.
It would be great if he gets the chance.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Filip Chlapík is going to join Czech National Team next week in pre-WHC camp.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So to summarize...

Karlsson not going for Sweden?
Hoffman, Ceci, Stone and Duchene not going for Canada?

Pageau and Chabot going for Canada?
Chlapik going for Czechs?
White might be going for US?

When do they announce the invites?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Wow some rookie freeloader steak-eating baby Thomas Chabot over experienced all-around defensive stalwart Cody Ceci? Team Canada GMs and coaches are clueless.

Chabot has a contract for next season, Ceci does not.

The list of eligible players, without contracts for next season, that are choosing not to go to the WC is a long one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->