Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ WHC

FlabJack

Dec 30, 2012
Sens RFA Ville Pokka will be playing for Finland.
He was recently interviewed on the Finnish hockey site Jatkoaika, saying he's hoping to benefit personally at the games by showing his game to scouts and brass.

He may not be in the Sens plans for the future but a Senator is a Senator.

Reactions: Sensinitis

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Sens RFA Ville Pokka will be playing for Finland.
He was recently interviewed on the Finnish hockey site Jatkoaika, saying he's hoping to benefit personally at the games by showing his game to scouts and brass.

He may not be in the Sens plans for the future but a Senator is a Senator.
With Wideman unsigned, Pokka stands a pretty good chance to play with Ottawa next year. I'd go as far to say if Karlsson gets traded he's like 90% on the day 1 roster given he's a RD. I don't often give Dorion props but I really like this acquisition albeit minor.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
With Wideman unsigned, Pokka stands a pretty good chance to play with Ottawa next year. I'd go as far to say if Karlsson gets traded he's like 90% on the day 1 roster given he's a RD. I don't often give Dorion props but I really like this acquisition albeit minor.
i think he would have a wideman like impact as well.. help out possession against bottom lines.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
2 goals foor Pageau in exhibition game today against Latvia, 0 points for Chabot

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Yeah, that's obvious. I guess I meant has there been any chatter about the Sens bringing him back?

Within the media, yes. The team has given no indication as to who will or won't be back, thus far. Letting Paajarvi go without at least making an offer would be a mistake, imo. Exactly the type of quick, inexpensive, big bodied 4th liner/ex. forward we should be targeting.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Watch your backs, international snipers - you're about to get a Goosing!

In all seriousness, I wouldn't expect him to play but this should be a great learning experience for him and, hopefully, he will never have the opportunity to play in this tournament again.

Wow that's crazy. May be ready sooner than we thought.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
3 Days to go! :popcorn:

Screenshot 2018-05-01 17.46.17.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad