Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ WHC

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I find it hard to believe he was. Do you have any proof/links confirming this? He was exceptionally bad this season. There are simply so many better options than him available.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

That doesn't necessarily mean he was offered a spot. Colin White has been approached by Team USA but its more or less if there is a spot depending on what happens in the playoffs and other players availability. Dorion pumps Ceci's tires. Ceci did play well last time he went so he has that going for him.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Of course that doesn't mean he was given a spot

That's sick, hope Ceci makes it too. I want to see how he performs in his assignments with potentially better defensive partners.

Chabot and JGP are great choices for this short tournament. Too bad Dzingel has to miss out for the US because of personal issues, would have loved to see him and Patty Kane together at full-speed if that was ever in the plans.

Also MPS, hope he gets a short-term contract for cheap with the Sens. Like his size and speed and occasional offence from the bottom 6. I think he will breakout that one random season to have a career year, which he has yet to have.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That's sick, hope Ceci makes it too. I want to see how he performs in his assignments with potentially better defensive partners.

Chabot and JGP are great choices for this short tournament. Too bad Dzingel has to miss out for the US because of personal issues, would have loved to see him and Patty Kane together at full-speed if that was ever in the plans.

Also MPS, hope he gets a short-term contract for cheap with the Sens. Like his size and speed and occasional offence from the bottom 6. I think he will breakout that one random season to have a career year, which he has yet to have.
Ceci will definitely not be playing, he's ne there now if he was.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That doesn't necessarily mean he was offered a spot. Colin White has been approached by Team USA but its more or less if there is a spot depending on what happens in the playoffs and other players availability. Dorion pumps Ceci's tires. Ceci did play well last time he went so he has that going for him.

That’s true, my understanding of the situation was more that it was contract related than waiting for playoff results.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That’s true, my understanding of the situation was more that it was contract related than waiting for playoff results.

Are there any other guys who are UFA or RFA playing (aside from UFA that need to prove the deserve a contract)? How common is it for an RFA to be to play in these tournaments?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ceci not being on the team has nothing to do with contracts.
He is without a contract extension for next yr & is awaiting for the insurance to be finalized. No player would play without it, it's too big a risk. Who knows if he actually makes the team & plays but he has before & played well IMO. I assume you're not a Ceci fan?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He is without a contract extension for next yr & is awaiting for the insurance to be finalized. No player would play without it, it's too big a risk. Who knows if he actually makes the team & plays but he has before & played well IMO. I assume you're not a Ceci fan?

I don't mind him, he is what he is but he certainly shouldn't be an option on Canada with the other players they have to choose over him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I am just very suprised because he was terrible this year. They also didn't ask Huberdeau so who knows whats going on there.
Oh I agree, he hasn't been good since Boucher took over and gave him terrible minutes in a role he isn't suited for.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
So far, Chlapik has been centering the Czech 4th line between Zadina & Chytil.

Wikstrand is on the Swedes 3rd pairing, playing ahead of Brannstrom.

Sweden beat the Czechs 3-1, none of our guys scored and not sure about assists. Zib had the GWG.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
>>> Games <<< CAN/USA Friday May 4th

Screenshot 2018-04-27 12.24.13.png

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So far, Chlapik has been centering the Czech 4th line between Zadina & Chytil.

Wikstrand is on the Swedes 3rd pairing, playing ahead of Brannstrom.

Sweden beat the Czechs 3-1, none of our guys scored and not sure about assists. Zib had the GWG.

Czechs are trying a few different lineups .,. for their next game vs Finland (tomorrow) it looks like
Furch
Krejčík - Sklenička, Kubalík - Faksa - Šťastný
Musil - Pyrochta, Kousal - Nečas - Zohorna
Hrbas - Pláněk, Jaškin - Musil - Frk
Pavlík, Stránský - Chytil - Kaut

I did not see the Sweden game but Brannstrom played and got an assist.

Czech Republic - Sweden 1:3

up coming games
Sweden Hockey Games 2018 scores, Hockey Europe - FlashScore

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I love the Filip line. I'm cheering for the Czech team as my #2 behind Canada.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Ceci not being on the team has nothing to do with contracts.

Yes it does, his contract is ending, and he's heading into RFA status and negotiations.

Mark Stone did not go for the same reason.

Why would anyone in that position (without insurance) risk injury and a possible impact on their NHL future?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So who will be playing?

Chabot, Pageau, Ceci, White, Chlapik....

Half-Sens : Wikstrand, MPS...

All of Duchene, Stone, Hoffman and Dzingel won't go I think. Karlsson won't go because of what happened? Anyone else?

I am just very suprised because he was terrible this year. They also didn't ask Huberdeau so who knows whats going on there.

IIRC, Huberdeau had a reason why he couldn't.

You know, not everybody watches and understands the game of hockey the same way. Everyone in Quebec I hear talking about Ceci seem to think he is a good player (not a star but a quality player). People like Mike Bossy, Yvon Pedneault, Dany Dubé, Marc Denis, etc. Sure they might not know as much as HF Sens :)sarcasm:), but yeah, some were talking on Ceci potentially on Team Canada a few weeks ago. Pretty sure Ceci will look good again on Team Canada, away from Boucher and the toxicity of Ottawa this year.

Hoffman no love?

Man my memory really do suck but IIRC they said on the Montreal radio that Hoffman wasn't going. Duchene and Stone too, but that as well, I can't even remember why :facepalm:

Will be a great pair as soon as this ridiculous LD lock, RD puck mover shtick is abolished.

Why? You really think players should play to their strengths? :sarcasm:

Another thing to help Chabot and Ceci and relieve them a bit of pressure, is we need to somehow get a solid guy to play with Karlsson. Maybe a guy like Marc Methot :sarcasm: (prime preferably)

And in a role that he should be playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad