News Article: Senators Sign 12-Year Regional TV Deal with TSN, $33M per Year

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If TSN picks up the Sens i hope that Chris Cuthbert replaces Dean Brown.

Probably won't happen, but a guy can dream.

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
cuthbert aint stickin round to do some small time local broadcasts. the man is off to bigger and better things.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
You sure he is leaving?

Why not Gord Miller then? Hope Dean Brown sticks to radio...

Either Cuthbert or Miller would be leagues better than Brown. let Dean Brown stick to the radio where he can yuk it up with Gord Wildon and leave television games to the pros who take it seriously, and don't put themselves above what they're paid to call.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Cuthbert's publicly stated that he prefers to broadcast CFL to NHL, so I'd be surprised if he left TSN.

Also, if we get a replacement for Denis Potvin, I will be a happy HAPPY man.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Either Cuthbert or Miller would be leagues better than Brown. let Dean Brown stick to the radio where he can yuk it up with Gord Wildon and leave television games to the pros who take it seriously, and don't put themselves above what they're paid to call.

IMO Schreiber is way better to listen too on the radio then Dean. Schribes actually calls the whole game.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
I used to like Dean. Heck I like Dean when he calls non-Ottawa games in the playoffs for CBC. When he's on hes one of the best, seems like hes too comfortable with his Ottawa gig.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
IMO Schreiber is way better to listen too on the radio then Dean. Schribes actually calls the whole game.

Couldn't agree more!

I'd be in favour for letting Brown go entirely. Schreiber just has that ability to convey the excitement of a game through his voice, even if he bumbles names and makes mistakes from time to time.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
I used to like Dean. Heck I like Dean when he calls non-Ottawa games in the playoffs for CBC. When he's on hes one of the best, seems like hes too comfortable with his Ottawa gig.

Must be tough coming up with new material every other nigt for 6 months.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
The interesting scenario would be if TSN1200 loses the radio rights. Probably little chance, but it pretty much exists to broadcast Sens games, losing the rights would be a disaster.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
I hope we get to see TSN guys doing our games more often, they are the best in the business despite losing out the national rights.

Whatever the case may be, just make EM have enough dollars, so he can open up the wallet to acquire some much needed help...

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Dean probably moves if they go to TSN, don't think Potvin will though. Hopefully they either stay on Sportsnet or TSN so that people will still be able to see them on basic cable.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I hope Hockeystreams becomes PS4 compatable next season, that way i pay for all my **** at once and i have it easy in my room and don't have to worry about stupid exclusive channels.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
For all the flak Bob Cole gets when he calls our games at least he calls the damn game and doesn't go off on tangents like Dean does. He may not like our team but at least I don't have to hear him ramble about his rehashed personal stories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad