News Article: Senators Sign 12-Year Regional TV Deal with TSN, $33M per Year

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
I'd rather it be Sportsnet personally. Don't feel like paying for TSN2 through Rogers if I can help it.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Don't care which it ends up being, this damn well better increase our internal budget.

kaws

Apr 10, 2010
Don't care which it ends up being, this damn well better increase our internal budget.

This!

I've always like the TSN feeds more than Sportsnet. But living in the GTA, I hate these blackouts; especially on NHL Gamecenter Live which I and many others have to go through DNS changes to make it work so I can watch Sens games.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Hopefully we can celebrate by clearing some salary, not close enough to the floor right now

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
nothing about the broadcast will actually change if tsn wins, people. Other than the channel, I surmise.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
If TSN wins I really hope the don't make us pay for a subscription channel as was the case with the Jets. But otherwise I'd be happy either way. I wonder about TSN 1200's future if Rogers is the successful bidder. Will they get by with 67s and Maple Leafs broadcasts?

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
Dean brown will just be a tsn guy instead of a sportsnet guy. Might get a new colour person, and likely some tsn intermission shows.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I'm sorry but do you have a source for this? I imagine TSN would use their own people.

The intermission shows is what I care about the most for the new broadcast deal. I almost always mute Sportnet's, they are brutal.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
If TSN wins I really hope the don't make us pay for a subscription channel as was the case with the Jets. But otherwise I'd be happy either way. I wonder about TSN 1200's future if Rogers is the successful bidder. Will they get by with 67s and Maple Leafs broadcasts?
The Habs also have a subscription channel for their regional TSN games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad