Prospect Info: Senators in WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I'm pretty sure they are trying not to have repeat winners. The Austrian goalie didn't get it in the first game too (because he already had one).

I would have given POTG to Elias myself assuming that logic.

Think you can only win it once in this tournament. Same thing happened with the Austrian goalie. Got POTG against the US, played amazing against Sweden too but didn't get POTG.

Did Stuetzle not get best player of the game against Finland and Canada though?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Stutzle has superstar potential. Carrying the undermanned Germans on his back is no easy feat. He’s far away the best player on the ice every gamenlm

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
I hope Germany can get some skaters back vs Switzerland because at times near the end of the game you can clearly see some fatigue in Stuetzle. Stuetzle’s been playing phenomenal even when he looks tired near the end of the game so I’d loved to see him even a little more rested.

Reactions: Icelevel

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
You know they've never played club hockey together right? Yeah they are clearly the standout guys on their national team but they don't have this insane cant-miss chemistry
And Peterka wouldn’t be playing with stutzle for years if he ever makes it. The only reason to want him is for his actual skill set and performance. He looks great early on for sure, he did last year as well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
JJP knows how to pass the puck! Jeez he looked like a top 10 talent himself in that game.
Every game it seems to look that way when I watch him. Big and fast, great at processing.

Such an over reaction to some world junior games
In all fairness all he does is impress. It's pretty shocking they scouted Stuetzle as much as they did and didn't take Peterka. It's not just the sens that missed on him its alot of teams. He should have gone in the teens.

Reactions: DrEasy

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The fact hat JJ Peterka isn't an Ottawa Senator is something Dorion and his scouts need to answer for. We had 2 real shots at it and the guys they took could have been later picks. Brutal.
Oh yes fired Dorion right now!!! You hatred for the man is obvious and its ridiculous! Dorion has done an amazing job so far with this rebuilt. But no you have to shit all over him just because he didn't draft one player. smfh!!!

Reactions: Crosside

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Every game it seems to look that way when I watch him. Big and fast, great at processing.

In all fairness all he does is impress. It's pretty shocking they scouted Stuetzle as much as they did and didn't take Peterka. It's not just the sens that missed on him its alot of teams. He should have gone in the teens.
Ya he looks decent but it’s the world juniors and such a small sample size

I can definitely see how special some guys are like stuztle but I wouldn’t write off jarventie

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You know they've never played club hockey together right? Yeah they are clearly the standout guys on their national team but they don't have this insane cant-miss chemistry
Oh wow, that makes it better? They only on occasion play together and have that chemistry. Great managment.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Oh wow, that makes it better? They only on occasion play together and have that chemistry. Great managment.

I don't know why you would get so hung up on it. Do we have to draft a bunch of international teammates? I get wanting Peterka but this is not a great reason. Its way too early to say he is a definitively better pick than Jarventie with his solid start in Liiga or Greig who had a chance to make the stacked Canada roster if he didn't get covid. They are all looking like good prospects right now

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDebater

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

I'm going to guess that Stuetzle will have great chemistry with a lot of players in his NHL career. But judging a pick off a player you've seen play, what, three games compared to players you've seen play twice and zero times since they've been drafted is silly.

Reactions: Deku

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I'm as hard on management as anyone...but you can't expect them to hit the exact best player every single pick. That's just not realistic.

Besides, it's way too early yet to critique any of the 2020 kids.

Reactions: Icelevel

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He played great. But. He DOES actually tend to skate himself into trouble sometimes. Like 4 extra stickhandles rather than just laying it off to an open player. Tonight was much more pronounced than last couple games. Maybe he saw tonight the team had a legit chance at winning so he wanted to take over a bit (which he did). But sometimes I was like dude you have an open player for a simple pass to the point or something. But he does tend to get tunnel vision for the most dangerous pass available. Even if it’s not completely there. Or he will hold onto it himself.

messily coached. Especially in the nhl where he will have talent around him.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Great we took the next Curtis Lazar or Jayce Hawryluk instead of our franchise player's most trusted line mate. I'm ecstatic
Or we took the next Mike Richards/Claude Giroux. You may be overlooking Greig's upside here. We will see what they end up becoming but there is good reason to think that Greig will end up being the better player in the long run. Lazar and Hawryluk would largely be considered busts at this point so you are evaluating Greig from a very pessimistic lens.

Reactions: Leaves34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad