Prospect Info: Senators in WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Another case of covid in team Germany. I read maybe Sweden and Germany not gonna play

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I mean, that's cool, but does he have any experience coaching at a high level? To my knowledge he's only coached his sons U14 and U15 AA teams

No, but he's a Hall of Famer to be that has a tremendous wealth of hockey knowledge. He's also a very humble guy, so I'm sure he'd delegate to his assistants when necessary.

Reactions: HzH

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
No, but he's a Hall of Famer to be that has a tremendous wealth of hockey knowledge. He's also a very humble guy, so I'm sure he'd delegate to his assistants when necessary.

I think it's also a level of desperation of finding someone whos geographically able to step in.

Being an extremely smart and successful player also helps him step in and command respect from a team that's probably panicking a bit.

Reactions: Xspyrit

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I think it's also a level of desperation of finding someone whos geographically able to step in.

Being an extremely smart and successful player also helps him step in and command respect from a team that's probably panicking a bit.

Oh, absolutely. Having a guy who hasn't coached higher than midget hockey isn't exactly what they had in mind a few weeks ago.

I agree that he may have a calming affect on the team.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Coach Alfie would be fun. It would be more fun if there were future Senators being coached by Alfie. Related, I agree that cheering for Team Canada is way more fun when we have prospects. I'll be more interested in the list of undrafted TC players, and focus on them instead.

Reactions: Icelevel

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Having to watch Daniel Nacho Man Alfredsson behind the bench in the WJC would be sick for a Swedish team lacking any Sens prospect to root for. Having already shadowed GM Brian Murray, this would only add yet another dimension to his repertoire for a future NHL gig worthwhile (should he want one). I would love to see him back with the Sens in some capacity, it's a pipe dream with current ownership but what's a fan without hope?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It’s a short series - the worst case scenario that Alfy would do doesn’t expose the team to much risk.

He can run a practice, deliver a pregame speech, and open the door to put his best players on. I’m sure he’s capable of recognizing pre and in game elements of game play.

He can handle the media. If he wins, he won’t have done anything special and he is loses it won’t be his fault.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Having to watch Daniel Nacho Man Alfredsson behind the bench in the WJC would be sick for a Swedish team lacking any Sens prospect to root for. Having already shadowed GM Brian Murray, this would only add yet another dimension to his repertoire for a future NHL gig worthwhile (should he want one). I would love to see him back with the Sens in some capacity, it's a pipe dream with current ownership but what's a fan without hope?

4puwpi.jpg

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Alfie and Henric were going to go, but no longer.

Sounds like whole tourney might get shut down at this point.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Maybe I lack emotions but honest to god I don't get the infatuation with Daniel Alfredsson. And I don't mean why Alfie, why not player X.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017

Just chatted with some people who were associated with the tourney. It isn't a sure thing, but a few other things have come up making it cast in doubt, depending on a few test results coming (confirming some positives). Sweden in particular. Still a go at this point, but we'll likely know more in next day or so. Alfie and Henric were invited and wanted to go, but it got shut down from a logistical point around testing / quarantines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad