Prospect Info: Senators in WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think the complete lack of talent on the roster may have factored into that. The vast majority of players on that roster struggle to make and receive clean passes and wiff on one timers. Stuetzle had been setting up players in the first two game and even early in this game and they weren't able to do anything with it. Many of the players made questionable hockey decisions when they had the puck and often tried to play above their skill level. Many struggled to simplify the game and cycle the puck. Half the time players had their sticks at waist level so pucks flew right past them. If they had their sticks on the ice they could have capitalized on more chances or maintained possession longer.

I agree with what you are saying I just think Stuetzle will perform differently when he has more talented players to play with. When players can give him clean passes, accept clean passes from him and get dangerous shots off from his set ups he could calm his game a bit. I am really looking forward to how he performs with legit talent around him.
I agree with your last point. I made a typo I meant “easily coached” not messily

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
sounds a bit like the evaluation will be Ryan Sutter vs Dion Phaneuf, Seabrooke and Brent Burns, or Braydon Cobourn.

Seabrooke to me is the best D in that group !because he made the biggest impact on the ice. But how do you argue with his stats and minutes played that Sutter isn’t the best? And early in their careers Dion was hands down considered the best of the group. And today all these years later - Brent Burns is.
I feel like seabrook is easily behind Ryan suter and burns

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
So, speaking of needing to answer for something

It seems you kind of fell off the map on this site shortly after covid hit (as a first responder I assume you were rather busy and we all thank you for that). One of the things you might notice that's transitioned a little while you were gone is that there is a lot less support for the views you bring to the board

To your post I am quoting, there's 11 posts in a page and a bit challenging your view. You might consider rolling forward that your extreme "anti team everything" approach is going to be met with more push back than you're used to.

To be fair, is it really that support for an “anti team everything” approach as gone down or that (1) the team has been making moves more clearly aligned with their stated direction and (2) Melnyk has done what everyone involved in hockey said he should do, hire a PR firm and stay out of the limelight, thus reducing frustration with the team?

Of course things will be more positive around here when the team is making the draft picks everyone has been waiting for, making player acquisitions based on hockey (Dadonov, Murray, Tampa Bay trade) rather than finances, and not continually embarrassing itself off ice.

I’d add that gaslighting a particular poster and suggesting negative sentiment around the boards was caused by his approach/attitude certainly won’t contribute to creating and maintaining a positive vibe around here.

Reactions: DrEasy and HzH

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think at some point in the reasons people wanted him is he looked good too. He has only gotten better as well. Not saying those factors aren't part of it but he looked like a player last year and just about every time I've watched him. I personally couldn't care less where he is from, he grabs my attention. Like I said lots of teams are going to regret passing on him.
Absolutely he’s looking very good, I’d have been very pleased with him at either 28 or 32. The sentiment around passing on him is eerily similar to the talk around here when we never took Tolvanen in 2017

Reactions: FormentonTheFuture

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Good post.

Some of his third period mistakes certainly seemed like they were the result of fatigue particularly from Stutzle. You could tell he had wooden legs out there and his hands weren’t working as quickly as normal.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Absolutely he’s looking very good, I’d have been very pleased with him at either 28 or 32. The sentiment around passing on him is eerily similar to the talk around here when we never took Tolvanen in 2017

Would that really have been so much worse than Shane Bowers?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Good post.

Some of his third period mistakes certainly seemed like they were the result of fatigue particularly from Stutzle. You could tell he had wooden legs out there and his hands weren’t working as quickly as normal.

I’m not sure he had a single body check in that last game - forgivable as he’s conserving energy for offence, but it will be Interesting to see how he plays with ~15 min a night under DJ.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Or like passing on Konecny for white

And Mantha for Lazar
I definitely wanted boeser and mantha. Very disappointing. Hopefully white can turn things around this year.
We needed and still need goal scoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mingus Dew
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad