Prospect Info: Senators in WJC - Part III

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
If Sanderson was on 1st PP all tournament I’d wager he’d have 3-5 more points.

If he’s back next year, he’s the PP QB

I don't know man. He played great for most of the tourney but offense tended to die on his stick this year. Hard to say he'll be asked to be offensive next year based on what we saw this year. A year can be so long in the development of any player at his age though so who knows.

He's got a lot of room to grow so it's possible, but without looking at next year's team I'm just not sure he'll be suited to an offensive role. I'd love to see it because his play on his side of the red line was exemplary.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't know man. He played great for most of the tourney but offense tended to die on his stick this year. Hard to say he'll be asked to be offensive next based on what we saw this year. A year can be so long in the development of any player at his age though so who knows.

He's got a lot of room to grow so it's possible, but without looking at next year's team I'm just not sure he'll be suited to an offensive role. I'd love to see it because his play on his side of the red line was exemplary.
He was the 2nd choice for offensive D on the team this year, the only D on the PP were York and Sanderson.

He’ll obviously be given the #1 role on the Pp if he returns, he would have had the role this year if York went down with an injury.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He was the 2nd choice for offensive D on the team this year, the only D on the PP were York and Sanderson.

He’ll obviously be given the #1 role on the Pp if he returns, he would have had the role this year if York went down with an injury.

Their D was short on offensive skill but yeah, fair enough.

To me he just never showed much of an inclination or ability to create offense. At this level of competition, at least, it looks like that's not his game right now. Nothing wrong with that. I thought he got better as the game went on and got it done when it mattered. Big time.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I thought Sanderson had an excellent game.
He skates very well and breaks the puck out with ease. Was on the ice the last 2 minutes defending the lead. Obviously had a little mistakes in the tournament and sadly they all ended in his net but I thought he was dominant 1 on 1 and I have no doubt he’ll lead the offense if he’s back next year

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Their D was short on offensive skill but yeah, fair enough.

To me he just never showed much of an inclination or ability to create offense. At this level of competition, at least, it looks like that's not his game right now. Nothing wrong with that. I thought he got better as the game went on and got it done when it mattered. Big time.
Well said and I agree. Looked like he was focused on playing solid D and getting the puck to the forwards. He didn’t show a lot from inside the blue line in the offensive zone.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Jake came pretty much as advertised.

Reminds me a tonne of Chabot in the skating and passing and overall style of play. Jake is a little better at zone entries and on the defensive side of the puck. Chabot did great at his WJC, but he also had a lot of development to do at that time.

Jake probably has a bit further to go to build that offense but the raw tools are there and the rest of his game is already really refined.

Hopefully he gets more PP1 opportunities at UND. He'll have to really earn it in that program though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00