Senators hire new Chief Marketing Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Does the organization ever read through this forum? We're basically handing them free in-depth data from the more dedicated fans. While the casual fans are easy to survey.
This site is an incredible resource, rarely, if ever, taken advantage of by those in the business. Ian Mendes is the only one to use HFsens to his advantage that I can think of.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
If thats there opinion as well, i can see why ticket sales have been poor.
Exactly. I think we do matter. We are your diehard yardstick. We are on a hockey forum in July, for goodness sake. However, our downfall as a group is that we think we know more than we do re: running a hockey team. We're a bunch of know-it-alls.

That said, you lose us, you'll eventually lose everything, because we are likely their most knowledgeable AND passionate segment of fans (i.e. you can be passionate but oblivious).

Our GDT's used to be filled with "im going to this one" posts from many of us. Not so anymore.

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Sucks that all hires have to be networked with melnyk because he obviously knows how to acquire and retain talent

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If thats there opinion as well, i can see why ticket sales have been poor.

It has nothing to do with opinion.

Statistics are an applied science.

Ticket sales have been weak for a myriad of reasons. Sens marketing ignoring us (and we know they don't, they post on here sometimes) is not one of them.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Our GDT's used to be filled with "im going to this one" posts from many of us. Not so anymore.

It is an anecdotal example of a lack of enthusiasm yes.

Ticket sales are also an example of this.

I will let you decide which one is easier to measure.

We are not representative of anything. I am using the word "representative" for a reason here, it has a precise definition in this context.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
She's a young, ambitious executive with digital marketing expertise and ties to the Ottawa area who's been a supporter of the team for a long time including being a season-ticket holder and suite owner.

What's so wrong with that? Why do you guys have to **** on every single decision this team makes?

It's just the "cool" trend to follow, because Toronto medias said you have to mock the Sens organization and it's working.

That being said, she must already know Melnyk enough and know that he's not the easiest person to work for. Hopefully she has a good positive impact.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It is an anecdotal example of a lack of enthusiasm yes.

Ticket sales are also an example of this.

I will let you decide which one is easier to measure.

We are not representative of anything. I am using the word "representative" for a reason here, it has a precise definition in this context.

I guess I'm not following your definition of representative. I laid out exactly what the users of HFsens represent. We, for the most part, are the smart AND passionate fans (i.e. not some of the passionate STH lemmings that have season tickets that will vote for the 3D jersey when given the option of O, 2D and 3D, and will continue buying no matter what (which is exactly the segment that they SHOULDN'T be polling, but I digress)).

I'm willing to bet that collectively, we know, from a public knowledge perspective, more about the problems with the Ottawa Senators than any other industry outsider. Benny's point was that were are an under-utilized resource, because we REPRESENT smart, passionate fans.

The fact that the organization ignores our abundance of knowledge, well that's a different story.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I guess I'm not following your definition of representative. I laid out exactly what the users of HFsens represent. We, for the most part, are the smart AND passionate fans (i.e. not some of the lemmings that have season tickets that will vote for the 3D jersey when given the option of O, 2D and 3D). I'm willing to be that collectively, we know, from a public knowledge perspective, more about the problems with the Ottawa Senators than any other industry outsider. Benny's point was that were are an under-utilized resource, because we REPRESENT smart, passionate fans.

The fact that the organization ignores our abundance of knowledge, well that's a different story.

We certainly do not represent that.

We are a mish mash of enfranchised fans. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also we have little to no actual knowledge since none of us have worked in pro sports from an administrative perspective.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Nothing to do with her new job, which I'm sure she'll do great, but she is simply stunning. Like wow.

Reactions: coladin

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
We certainly do not represent that.

We are a mish mash of enfranchised fans. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also we have little to no actual knowledge since none of us have worked in pro sports from an administrative perspective.
Name another public forum where you can actually have in-depth conversations with other Sens fans to the level that is regularly gotten achieved here.

The pub? Twitter? The Ottawa Sun comment section? Facebook? The office water cooler?

Nah man. You come to HF when you want to have a solid discussion. That's why I'm here, and not on the RSU fan page on Faceook. Obviously there is a lot of noise from other posters throwing shit to the wall to see if it sticks. But there are some seriously knowledgable posters around here, and if you know how to navigate the forum, it's a gold mine for fan sentiment and thoughts about the state of the franchise.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Name another public forum where you can actually have in-depth conversations with other Sens fans to the level that is regularly gotten achieved here.

The pub? Twitter? The Ottawa Sun comment section? Facebook? The office water cooler?

Nah man. You come to HF when you want to have a solid discussion. That's why I'm here, and not on the RSU fan page on Faceook. Obviously there is a lot of noise from other posters throwing **** to the wall to see if it sticks. But there are some seriously knowledgable posters around here, and if you know how to navigate the forum, it's a gold mine for fan sentiment.

All I will say is that my opinion on the quality of discussion on here greatly differs from yours.

We like to talk about insider info, in terms of actual game knowledge I learned a lot more by talking to people at bars. We aren't smarter than the average fan, we simply care more.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
All I will say is that my opinion on the quality of discussion on here greatly differs from yours.

We like to talk about insider info, in terms of actual game knowledge I learned a lot more by talking to people at bars. We aren't smarter than the average fan, we simply care more.

Just because it isn't up to your standards, doesn't mean it's not better than most,if not all, of the other alternatives. The marketing department, of all departments in the organization, should not be ignoring this resource, especially in their current situation.

Also, re: game knowledge, that's not my point. We were discussing this from a marketing perspective. I'm glad you can pick up more hockey knowledge from Joe AA Bantam coach at the bar. I sure don't know the ins and outs of the game, and I never pretend to, but I can list you 15 things wrong with the Sens that are mostly off-ice issues.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Just because it isn't up to your standards, doesn't mean it's not better than most,if not all, of the other alternatives. The marketing department, of all departments in the organization, should not be ignoring this resource, especially in their current situation.

Also, re: game knowledge, that's not my point. We were discussing this from a marketing perspective. I'm glad you can pick up more hockey knowledge from Joe AA Bantam coach at the bar. I sure don't know the ins and outs of the game, and I never pretend to, but I can list you 15 things wrong with the Sens that are mostly off-ice issues.

Sure, I don't mean that none of us know anything.

I meant that surveying us was a pointless endeavour. We are not a large enough sample to be worth anything in a survey.

So the Sens might ask us "give us a list of things that you want to improve" and each one of us could have very different lists. Then how do you weigh your participants?

Surveying is a science. It isn't some hocus pocus nonsense.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Sure, I don't mean that none of us know anything.

I meant that surveying us was a pointless endeavour. We are not a large enough sample to be worth anything in a survey.

So the Sens might ask us "give us a list of things that you want to improve" and each one of us could have very different lists. Then how do you weigh your participants?

Surveying is a science. It isn't some hocus pocus nonsense.

Ya... it's a science if you're doing an arts degree :sarcasm:

Point taken though.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
This site is an incredible resource, rarely, if ever, taken advantage of by those in the business. Ian Mendes is the only one to use HFsens to his advantage that I can think of.

No they know very well about us on here. my season ticket form i put this is where i go for all my info and Sens have had ticket marketers come and post threads here before

This was Brad Fritsch's go to site for a while and I remember AJ and versage complaining about the tsn1200 discussion thread and others once live on air.

Tbh fans opinions probably dont matter that much.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I know Aimee. I'm happy for her, and you should be happy about this hire.
I've seen her help turn around toxic work place environments, and she's obviously qualified to lead marketing.

I wish the best for her. I really do. Hopefully, she can tame her boss.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
That's cool! I'm sure she will do a good job and she seems very professional.

My grain(s) of salt:

Better player branding. I remember there used to be ads on OC Transpo (and STO?) with the various slogans, Alfie/Pizza Line at forefront. Would love to see this again with new face of franchise.
Spartacat down Sens Mile on season opening would be ok.
Better Twitter presence. When Chris Lund was around, Sens Twitter was pretty ok. Hell, have Brian 5 or 6 do a few authorized spots for the Twitter feed, that would go a long way toward getting some street cred.

If she can do the talking over Eugene, we're already halfway there.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
She's a young, ambitious executive with digital marketing expertise and ties to the Ottawa area who's been a supporter of the team for a long time including being a season-ticket holder and suite owner.

What's so wrong with that? Why do you guys have to **** on every single decision this team makes?

The hiring is more like someone pissing on the #MelnykOut fantasy parade, the hope of a new owner appears less likely with more hiring. No Karlsson, likely no Stone, no plan or direction involving the roster, etc, etc.

Bottomline, she can be great and can sell piss as beer to consumer, but you are still drinking piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino