Senators hire new Chief Marketing Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018

Per 6th Sens, she's from Barbados (or works in Barbados).

I think the last CMO, it ended like this:
Former Ottawa Senators executive sues Melnyk, team for $1.55M; alleges discord behind the scenes

"Around this time, Melnyk questioned O’Leary’s performance and his job title, the lawsuit alleges.
“How and when did you get the title of Chief Marketing Officer?” Melnyk asks O’Leary in an email included in the statement of claim.
“Peter — all time lows under my watch. Start thinking you are OFF all other projects other than selling immediate tickets. Drop the CMO title – MARKETING??? Drop the 2017 stuff, how are you making us money??? I lose millions this way . . . you will force us to start laying off dozens of people the day after the season. . .”

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
She's the COO of Momentous Corp — It’s the Internet stupid! (I wonder if our tagline will be: "It's hockey stupid!") which owns several small businesses in Ottawa (mostly domain registration and website hosting type stuff). No background in hockey, sports, entertainment... but she does live in Barbados though so that's a win for Eugene...

Won't rush to judgement, but this isn't a confidence-inspiring hire.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
She's the COO of Momentous Corp — It’s the Internet stupid! (I wonder if our tagline will be: "It's hockey stupid") which owns several small businesses in Ottawa (mostly domain registration and website hosting type stuff). No background in hockey, sports, entertainment... but she does live in Barbados though so that's a win for Eugene...

lol, actually, that would be a great tagline. We're in Canada, so that's really all you have to say about the business. :D

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Do we start placing bets on how long she lasts under Melnyk or ...?

Tom Anselmi had 17 years of experience with the MLSE, but only lasted little over a year with Melnyk. I give her a couple of months before she goes on stress leave.

Reactions: Slack

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
She's a young, ambitious executive with digital marketing expertise and ties to the Ottawa area who's been a supporter of the team for a long time including being a season-ticket holder and suite owner.

What's so wrong with that? Why do you guys have to **** on every single decision this team makes?

Agreed.

I have a feeling she will be great in her new role.

Reactions: albator71

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
She's a young, ambitious executive with digital marketing expertise and ties to the Ottawa area who's been a supporter of the team for a long time including being a season-ticket holder and suite owner.

What's so wrong with that? Why do you guys have to **** on every single decision this team makes?

People here are not saying anything bad about her. She seems competent. They just think her boss is a handful.

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018

I don't know what yourey reading, but I see people wishing her luck in what's known to be very difficult working conditions.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
She's the COO of Momentous Corp — It’s the Internet stupid! (I wonder if our tagline will be: "It's hockey stupid!") which owns several small businesses in Ottawa (mostly domain registration and website hosting type stuff). No background in hockey, sports, entertainment... but she does live in Barbados though so that's a win for Eugene...

Interesting article about Momentous, especially considering the author - Opinion: Internet pioneer revisits movie rental business model | Ottawa Business Journal

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Buckle up.

But seriously, I wish her luck. If she plays a large role in righting this ship, it would be a tremendous professional accomplishment.

She's not coming into this blind, given that she has likely been in the building a ton with the season seats.

Fingers crossed.. get it done, girl.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

I'm with you, its getting tiresome that every f***ing move this team made, you have the same fans always bitching and moaning. its so easy to manage a team when you are not actually the one making the decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad