Post-Game Talk: Senators def. Canucks - 4-3 (SO) (Miller, Boeser, Dermott)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
His stats this year are ROUGH

His all time numbers versus the Canucks are promising:

Screenshot_20220419-121659_Chrome.jpg

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They hold their own destiny in the sense that if they win out they make the playoffs. By definition that means LA loses their game to Vancouver.
As for Tie breakers it’s also with the assumption that the Canucks win in Regulation for their games in hand on LA to at least tie and or surpass them on that category.
Shoot! Matt Murray is injured! Do we get the Hamburglar tonight then?
Ott played in Seattle last night. Figure they play the goalie that didn’t play yesterday tonight. Same as Van.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
I just hope we don't come out flat in the first and end up running uphill trying to catch up the entire game.

I noticed it seemed like Bruce was playing EPs line a lot less in the 3rd when we were clearly ahead, so hopefully they're fresh to start this game.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
The Canucks only control their destiny over Vegas, not the other teams. The issue is they aren't chasing Vegas. Canucks need several losses from LA, Nashville, and/or Dallas to have a shot. It's more likely LA wins out, rather than the Canucks, given the strength of schedules.

Vancouver:
86 points - 6 games (12p) = 98 max
Senators, @ Wild, @ Flames, Kraken, Kings, @ Oilers
2 non-playoff teams, 3 playoff teams, and the team they are chasing.

Los Angeles:
90 points - 5 games (10p) = 100 max
@ Ducks, Blackhawks, Ducks, @ Kraken, @ Canucks
4 non-playoff teams, and the team that is chasing them

Nashville:
91 points - 6 games (12p) = 103 max
Flames, @ Lightning, Wild, Flames, @ Avalanche, @ Coyotes
1 non-playoff team, 5 strong playoff teams

Dallas:
91 points - 6 games (12p) = 103 max
@ Oilers, @ Flames, Kraken, Golden Knights, Coyotes, Ducks
3 non-playoff teams, 2 playoff teams, and the team that is chasing them

Vegas:
87 points - 5 games (10p) = 97 max
Capitals, Sharks, @ Stars, @ Blackhawks, @ Blues
2 non-playoff teams, 2 playoff teams, and the team they are chasing

Given how the schedules work out, Nashville will have the hardest time and the Kings have the easiest. I'd rank it something like this; from easiest to hardest.

1) Los Angeles
2) Dallas
3) Vancouver
4) Vegas
5) Nashville

With Los Angeles and Nashville being very different than the three in the middle.

Edit: In terms of tie-breakers, the Kings currently have the tie-breaker over the Canucks (31 RW each but LA has 36 ROW compared to Vancouver's 35 ROW). Nashville and Dallas also hold the tie-breaker over the Canucks (35/41 and 33/37). Canucks have the RW tie-breaker over Dallas (31 to 29) but less ROW (35 to 39).

I'm not sure where the narrative is that the Canucks hold the tie-breakers since they are behind everyone but Dallas. It does show that the Canucks don't just need wins but need regulation wins or, failing that, OT wins.
We PLAY LA, so if we win out in regulation (and they win all games but the one against us) we tie them in points, with 1 more regulation win than they have. So it is in our control now but I mean...that's extending this win streak to 13. For now it's just up to us to win tonight. If the other teams lose games it gets easier, but the only thing in our control is to win our own games.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Every goalie needs a break, be it physical or mental. Vancouver to close out the year played on Mon, Tue, Thur, Sat, Tue, Thur, Fri. 7 games in 12 days with 2 sets of 3 games in 4 nights.
I would imagine that Halak gets either the Min ir Cal game.

Only five games left after tonight and the final two games are the only remaining B2B. I expect Demko to start every game after tonight until the playoff situation is decided.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Halak will be motivated... $250K on the line.
*trying to remember numbers from the radio, something like:
Needs a 23 saves to hit a 0.905 Sv%..
or 32 with a GAA..

Ottawa had 14 shots on goal last night. 21 shots last time we played em earlier in the yr.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Senators are a wildly unpredictable team.....when they're good, they can be very good. But when they're 'bad' things can go sideways in a hurry.....that's the lot of a young team, I guess.

But they played last night in Seattle and lost. So traveling and then playing the next night while the Canucks spent time at home in their own beds, should give them an advantage in the energy department.

The danger of course is that even during this winning streak, the Canucks have played some truly bad first periods. They need to keep the pedal on the metal from the opening whistle, because if they can get up a goal or two early, it could be easier night for Halak.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Sens didnt get in to their hotels until past midnight today.

Back to Back games.

It would be a shame if our season ended tonight with a loss.

I believe tho, this team is full of character guys, dont think this is a close game tonight.

5-2 Canucks

Bruce there it is and we inch closer to a remarkable playoff spot.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Halak’s best game = Demko’s worst game. We have to give Demko a rest, but man I do not have confidence in Halak in a must win game.
He was steller vs Colorado, when no one gave him a chance. Remember the Avs pre game commentary? "The Avs are going to score a 'Halak' of a lot of goals tonight..." Canucks won 3-1. I think he's dialed in. My worry is the rest oif the team. These are always the games they come out shitty in. This isn't the Coyotes who don't give a shit playing out the end of their careers. Sens care. They also want to build for something for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad