Post-Game Talk: Senators def. Canucks - 4-3 (SO) (Miller, Boeser, Dermott)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Love the Miller-Garland-Pod line

however I may be in the minority but I do not like Dickinson--Pettersson---Boeser Line.
I just don't like the combo and the way it plays. I hate it.

Garland does well wherever he goes
I think Garland and Pod have great chemistry. I’d love to see that duo play a full season together if Garland by some chance survives this off-season without getting trades

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Lol at the people saying that we didn’t get the bounces tonight. We were literally gifted a point or two. The refs literally let us get away with murder tonight. They hung their legs out and hooked like crazy to stop the senators young team speed and got away with it blatantly all night.

I suggest you guys analyze the games with more of a reductionist approach if you want to view where this team is at objectively.

Huge changes need to be made next off season. Boeser turning it on doesn’t inspire hope that we unload him either. Plus the playoff hopefuls better hope whoever hung their leg or knee out on stuezle missed call doesn’t get looked at by the league. Lol
69 - 41 Corsi
46 - 24 Scoring chances
26 - 17 High Danger SC

all even strength

What the hell? Blaming refs too lol

Last edited:

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Nic Petan has 6 career goals in 151 NHL games played. The last time he scored an NHL goal was in the 2018-19 season. Idgaf about his AHL stats, or if he lights it up in practice...at 27yo, I think it's safe to say that he's not a goal scorer at the NHL level. Bruce Boudreau deserves to be criticized for that move.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Nic Petan has 6 career goals in 151 NHL games played. The last time he scored an NHL goal was in the 2018-19 season. Idgaf about his AHL stats, or if he lights it up in practice...at 27yo, I think it's safe to say that he's not a goal scorer at the NHL level. Bruce Boudreau deserves to be criticized for that move.

The only guy on the roster last night to ever score more than 15 goals in NHL season was the aged corpse of Brad Richardson, who has taken 1 shootout attempt in an 864-game NHL career.

He wasn't benching proven scorers to use Petan.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
If memory serves me correct I never saw Podz get any time in OT unless I missed it, I did see Dries get some OT time, but questioned why Podz didn't get any. Then the shootout and wow what a horrible a pick, Petan should not of been picked before Podz and tbh I would of rather seen Richardson over Petan. I'm a huge Bruce fan but that's one I question and I agree he should be called out on and asked by the media for that one, because I want to hear his reasoning, what kind of crap can you make up to justify that pick in the shootout over other players who should be before Petan.

Reactions: gianni

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
The only guy on the roster last night to ever score more than 15 goals in NHL season was the aged corpse of Brad Richardson, who has taken 1 shootout attempt in an 864-game NHL career.

He wasn't benching proven scorers to use Petan.

How many goals does Nic Petan have this season?

Anyone with more goals than him this year, or his career 6 should have been picked ahead of him.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
How many goals does Nic Petan have this season?

Anyone with more goals than him this year, or his career 6 should have been picked ahead of him.

The shootout is a gimmick that has very little to do with actual hockey.

Do you honestly think that Juho Lammikko was a better option than Nic Petan?

Reactions: racerjoe

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, it's weird. I thought the team worked hard and actually had one of their better performances of the season last night - especially considering it was the second of a BTB.

But their finishing was poor, and Ottawa I thought played an absolutely terrific game for a team on the road playing meaningless hockey. Props to their coaching staff because their players were working their asses off last night. They brought a higher intensity level than teams we've seen recently competing for playoff spots.

People base their opinions so strongly on the results rather than the process. The team was great if we win while getting dominated and Demko makes 40 saves, but lose in a shootout after a good performance and everyone is looking for scapegoats.
It almost felt like the Canucks playing somewhat reckless, high intensity, fueled-by-andrenaline hockey early on completely rubbed off on Ottawa and made the game fun for them.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Couldn’t do anything without getting one
Holy hyperbole
Didn’t gambrell cross check Lams in the face after the whistle?

And he got a penalty for it. Lo When pods punched tkachuk in the face they gave Norris a chinzy hooking penalty to off set it. Open your eyes and watch the games without your homer glasses. Lol

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
69 - 41 Corsi
46 - 24 Scoring chances
26 - 17 High Danger SC

all even strength

What the hell? Blaming refs too lol

Yes because the sens were playing on egg shells and we were not. We were basically playing with the diplomatic immunity NHL equivalent. Yes it normally the Bruins that get it but we had it last night for some reason. I guess they want to give us something but nothing actually meaningful like winning the draft lottery.

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
Yes because the sens were playing on egg shells and we were not. We were basically playing with the diplomatic immunity NHL equivalent. Yes it normally the Bruins that get it but we had it last night for some reason. I guess they want to give us something but nothing actually meaningful like winning the draft lottery.

You sure post a lot of negative stuff, and reply to a ton of people without getting much for responses. Almost like you're being purposely ignored.

You must be a hit at parties.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Presumably the Canucks practice shootouts in practice. If Petan is able to perform during these practices then I fail to see the issue.

Of course they do. Barring having guys who are proven to be good at it in the NHL - of which they had no options - picking the guys who do it best in practice is what you do. I'm sure that's what happened, but a certain group of fans would rather just irrationally be mad because of the result.

Reactions: racerjoe

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Surfing this thread it's a little shocking how many fans are seriously bummed out about last night's loss, and looking for scapegoats. OT and the shootout is a basic crap-shoot. If Pettersson scores on his shootout attempt, the Canucks win it.

I mean it happens sometimes. I'm sure Vegas didn't expect to lose in regulation at home to the Devils, with their season also hanging in the balance.

I guess if they find a way to miraculously pull out wins in Minny and Calgary, all will be forgiven.
Meyers rang one right off the post -- beat the goalie cleanly with 2 min left. Canucks very nearly won it in regular time. It's just how it goes sometimes. *shrugs* That's hockey

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
The shootout is a gimmick that has very little to do with actual hockey.

Do you honestly think that Juho Lammikko was a better option than Nic Petan?
Podkolzin was the obvious choice as stated by many others; Hughes as well, but yes, I'd take Lammikko's 7 goals scored this season to Petan's 0 in the past 3 seasons.

Anyway, the Canucks had their chances, and there was no guarantee Pod would've scored. I felt the shootout should've ended earlier, either w/ a shootout goal from one of Boeser, Petey, Garland or another save. Not placing the blame on Petan, as there are many big money players on the team that are not pulling their own weight

Last edited:

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Podkolzin was the obvious choice as stated by many others; Hughes as well, but yes, I'd take Lammikko's 7 goals scored this season to Petan's 0 in the past 3 seasons.
i would take rob schremp in the shootout over juho lammikko

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Boeser turning it on doesn’t inspire hope that we unload him either.

love him but bcs is his post-easter resuscitation also resuscitates his value on the trade market this summer

i don’t think our new mgmt is attached to him in any way so all we need is someone else to see the value and want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino