Friedman: Senators could look to trade Craig Anderson

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
37, owed 4750000 for two more years, Ottawa likely needs to offer pick and/or retention in order to trade him. Melnyk says no

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
What proof are you looking for? Its all over TSN that he requested a trade is that what you are referring to? Talking out of my ass? I am commenting in the same thread you are.

Was I talking about of my ass when I told everyone that Karlssons foot/ankle was broken? You were very upset with me at that point too. Calling me names just like you are now with no apology when it was true.

First of all, if you want an apology from a stranger on a message board, good luck with that. Don’t take everything so personally. Sometimes people disagree on here and sometimes it gets a little heated. We are all passionate hockey fans.

You said Anderson wanted Bishop and Lehner traded. I’ve never heard that before. Are you just assuming that’s the case because they were traded? If that’s the case, please provide some proof, because I’ve never heard Andy wanting one of his goalie partners to be shipped out.

I think Bishop was traded because they felt Lehner was going to be the young guy to take over for Andy. Lehner didn’t get the job done when he did get the chance and they dealt him a few years back. I don’t think Anderson had anything to do with it.

If I’m wrong please provide some evidence. That’s all.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Moulson + Lehner's rights for Anderson +...
Reimer for Anderson +...
Greiss for Anderson +...
Darling for Anderson

Does any of these proposals make sense?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Not sure what the return would be but I think Carolina would be a good spot for Anderson

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Moulson + Lehner's rights for Anderson +...
Reimer for Anderson +...
Greiss for Anderson +...
Darling for Anderson

Does any of these proposals make sense?

I would take Reimer and run, don't know what the point would be for Florida though

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
37, owed 4750000 for two more years, Ottawa likely needs to offer pick and/or retention in order to trade him. Melnyk says no

Anderson for Neuvirth.

The Flyers can afford to take a chance on Anderson bouncing back to his 16-17 level. They have tons of cap space and money is no issue.

Reactions: Boud

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Who would even want a 37 year old questionable goaltender with a too big contract?

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Anderson for Greiss seems reasonable. Both are coming off bad seasons and are signed for two more years.

Greiss is a bit cheaper and Anderson has a higher ceiling (although age may finally be catching up to him).

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Not sure what the return would be but I think Carolina would be a good spot for Anderson

Darling. I doubt the Canes would do anything else. No adds.

Ottawa gets the younger goalie they can try to get turned around. He was fine in CHI and after last season in CAR needs a fresh start to someplace new.

Carolina gets the guy with the higher AAV and shorter contract. If he stinks it up next year, he's a more manageable buyout.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don’t see any team knocking down Ottawa’s door for him at this point. If you want s crappy goalie, just sign one cheaper this summer. I hope, for his sake, that they do find a taker.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Who would even want a 37 year old questionable goaltender with a too big contract?
Possibly a team that has an overpaid forward or d-man who wants to swap players & cause he has a stubborn coach that will keep playing said forward/d-man too many minutes or in a top 6 role. He could fire said coach but won't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad