Friedman: Senators could look to trade Craig Anderson

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
1 - Mrazek is an RFA and played well enough to IMO be qualified and signed / traded, especially at his age

2 - Based on playoffs and post-deadline, Flyers should be keeping Mrazek and moving one of Elliott or Neuvirth. Instead of Mrazek being the odd man out

Trade Neuvirth to Dallas for future considerations or a 7th rounder and then trade Elliott for Anderson. Use a tandem of Mrazek and Anderson.
I believe I read somewhere that the flyers aren't qualifying mrazek

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I believe I read somewhere that the flyers aren't qualifying mrazek
Ah. Yeah his required minimum cap hit from the qualifying offer might be too high.

They could still not qualify him and then sign him at a lower cap hit as a UFA. It's likely IMO. There aren't teams lining up to pay him $5 million plus per year.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
The Sabres are looking for a backup/1B for Ullmark. Anderson being an experienced veteran guy with good character would be a fit. BUT, I would imagine they would prefer someone younger that can push Ullmark and fight to be the starter. If Ullmark was a bit more accomplished, it would make more sense. I also don't like the 2nd year of Anderson's contract. I think Botterill isn't buying out players because he wants to maximize his cap space next offseason when Moulson and Pominville open up $10.6M.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hmm, seems like he just happened to throw the **** against the wall in the exact right spot, again.

I guess I should have been tipped off when he didn't get mad at anyone for quoting him.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
1 - Mrazek is an RFA and played well enough to IMO be qualified and signed / traded, especially at his age

2 - Based on playoffs and post-deadline, Flyers should be keeping Mrazek and moving one of Elliott or Neuvirth. Instead of Mrazek being the odd man out

Trade Neuvirth to Dallas for future considerations or a 7th rounder and then trade Elliott for Anderson. Use a tandem of Mrazek and Anderson.

Mrazek totally shit the bed down the stretch in Philly and ended up at .891 in 17 games. He's not going to be qualified.

NHL.com - Stats

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Been a while since we’ve had good news as Sens fans!
Most of the talented players want out.... that’s called bad news.

Duchene probably wants out but is saying the right things after he looked like a cry baby leaving Co. He’d ruin his reputation asking for another trade. He wanted to go to a winner, he wound up in a dumpster.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Most of the talented players want out.... that’s called bad news.

Duchene probably wants out but is saying the right things after he looked like a cry baby leaving Co. He’d ruin his reputation asking for another trade. He wanted to go to a winner, he wound up in a dumpster.

Duchene will stay and be part of the core with Karlsson/Stone/Chabot/Pageau/#4ov etc.

Andy, though the best goalie in franchise history, was hot steaming trash last season and a big part of why the Sens finished 3rd last. Not a big loss at this point in time, even if he rebounds with another team. He’s 37 and shouldn’t have been re-signed with such term anyways.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Melnyk is saving as much $ he can, highly doubt he wants to be much over the cap floor if they know they are missing the playoffs anyway.

So why was the mandate to take players not picks back for Hoffman? Meanwhile lowering Karlsson's value by making a team take Ryan. This organization is such a pathetic disaster its making me sick to my stomach. No direction just alot of shitty directions at the same time none that make any sense.

Reactions: BondraTime

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Friedman is such a hack. Our GM just talked about character in the room and Anderson has that in spades.

Not to mention who the heck wants an overpaid 37 year old goalie who's terrible now? Lol

Lol indeed.

Maybe next time you shouldn't call the man who has more knowledge than you a "hack" because you look pretty darn silly right now.

Reactions: amethyst

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I hope the Flyers get him I would love to get an Anderson Philly jersey. Also, I think he bounces back and would do well for Philly although I know a lot of people are writing him off.

Reactions: Sensinitis

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Can Friedman speculation automatically be banned? He's annoying and usually wrong.
He used to be the best. Now he has a huge platform and gets too much airtime and so he is forced to speculate a ton. There's only so many real rumours to talk about.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
These aren't necessarily straight up deals with no extra pieces...

Anderson for Moulson retained

Anderson for Darling

Anderson for Greiss

Anderson for Bouwmeester

Anderson for Markstrom/Nilsson
I could see Buffalo doing that to give Ulmark a try at #1 and Anderson as a back up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad