Friedman: Senators could look to trade Craig Anderson

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Actually, Allen for Anderson is an interesting idea. The contracts are similar, and Anderson could be a good stop gap while Husso develops.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don’t see any team knocking down Ottawa’s door for him at this point. If you want s crappy goalie, just sign one cheaper this summer. I hope, for his sake, that they do find a taker.

Anderson is one of the best playoff goalies in the league and has often been left by himself to do the work with no support. He's definitely not crappy.

In fact last year I remember Pens players saying Anderson was the best goalie they faced.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Anderson is one of the best playoff goalies in the league and has often been left by himself to do the work with no support. He's definitely not crappy.

He was pretty crappy last year. He’s 37, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he struggles the next two years. Never know though. He could bounce back.

Reactions: Boud

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He was pretty crappy last year. He’s 37, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he struggles the next two years. Never know though. He could bounce back.

Not saying he will play great next season, but for a team like the Isles or Blues you take him as your 2nd goalie and you give yourself a great chance at having good goaltending throughout the year and a guy that's been solid in the playoffs.

For the price it'll cost to acquire him (probably just a contract the other way) it's worth it IMO. And tbh I don't think any goalie would've done well in Ottawa last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad