Friedman: Senators could look to trade Craig Anderson

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

5.5M salary and he's coming off arguably the worst season of his career. One of oldest goalie in the league to boot.

If there is a way out of this contract that doesn't involve substantial retention the Senators should probably take it.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
These aren't necessarily straight up deals with no extra pieces...

Anderson for Moulson retained

Anderson for Darling

Anderson for Greiss

Anderson for Bouwmeester

Anderson for Markstrom/Nilsson
Seeing as the guy who said Andy is a one on one off goalie, I’d rather not acquire Andy when he’s heading into a season where he’s expected to play well and we wanna suck bad enough to have a good chance at the younger Hughes.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
"Could look into "

These insiders starting to sound like palm readers at the state fair
You guys get so caught up in Friedman's wording. He always talks like that when referring to rumours. It's a bit annoying, but it doesn't mean he's merely speculating. I wouldn't even be surprised if Anderson wanted to be traded at this point.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Andy still has some gas left in the tank. The entire team stopped playing last year, there was nobody in front of him.

That being said he's 37, making a bit too much, and I can't imagine there's much of a market for him. The guys a class act, and we will need his contract to hit the floor.

This rumor smells like bullshit.

Reactions: topshelf15

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I was thinking about Philly, but I figure they might want to move one of their three goalies out before they think about swapping goalies in and out.

That definitely has to be part of the process. Both Elliott and Neuvirth are low-cost, low-risk backup options and could probably be moved for a low return. And I doubt any team would use a G roster spot to claim Lyon if he is sent to the AHL.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
I honestly hope Anderson asks for a trade so that he can go to a playoff-bound team, even if he is backup. He deserves a final shot at a Cup.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You guys get so caught up in Friedman's wording. He always talks like that when referring to rumours. It's a bit annoying, but it doesn't mean he's merely speculating. I wouldn't even be surprised if Anderson wanted to be traded at this point.

This how Elliotte talks when he's throwing shit against the wall.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Andy is pretty inconsistent but is overall a pretty good team player. He does have his diva moments (I remember a certain game in Colorado where he basically pulled himself....) and is injured mid-season quite a bit though, so that's stuff to weigh when acquiring him. His salary is sorta ok, but he'll likely decline too at some point. I'd prefer keeping him than losing him, unless we get a decent goaltender prospect back and save some money. We're a cap floor team this year so....

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
IT’S A FIRE! sale

I get Hoffman. And I get Karlsson if he doesn’t want to extend. But I can’t imagine theres a market for Anderson.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I don't know what teams would be interested in him, but I definitely see him having some suitors. Buffalo makes a lot of sense I think.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Honestly nobody wants Anderson at full hit. 50% retained is feasible, but this is Melnyk we are talking. Even though he would save money, he would probably turn it down due to the fact he was eating dead money

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Some fits as a base, not the full deal

To NYI for Greiss

To Vancouver for Nilsson

To Philly for Elliot

Detroit and Buffalo make sense as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad