Low Effort GDT Senators @ Canucks - 10PM EST - TSN5/RDS - Battle of the basement. PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Sens need someone to win faceoffs. We cannot win if we have a 36% win percentage like tonight. We lost draws all over the place.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I felt the same way in MTL, he had his best moments when he finaly got to Center Pacioretty. but... the guy is lazy, has no dedication, in Montreal, he had issues off ice, his dad was a super bad influence, He posses a good shot but his hockey IQ is terrible. He couldnt produce with Malkin or Crosby, I doubt he gets it going with your star players.

he is KHL bound next season.
His laziness has not been an issue here at all...yet

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I thought he looked a lot better 5 on 5 and in the defensive zone. The d struggled to make outlet passes and he was stuck with Stepan who has been a blackhole for offense this year. I think he performed well and needs a different center.

Meh. There's no fight in his game, gives up on 50/50 battles. Doesn't move his feet unless the puck is within reach. He spent a little less than half of his time with Stepan, didn't change anything.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I suspect Stepan. He already got demoted to the 4th line for this game. His lazy icing cost us the 6th goal.

Anisimov or? I don't think he's taken it for granted, he's already been in and out of the lineup. Same with Galchenyuk.
Watson was one of the few vets that cared tonight.
Obviously not Paul-Tierney-Brown
Dadonov has been ok.
Stepan makes sense. He hasn't been good this year. I thought Galchenyuk was decent today and played a lot better than his last game both at even strength and in the defensive zone. Given his history it would make sense that people would assume that DJ is referring to him but I think he has been listening to the coaches and showed meaningful improvements from last game so I am skeptical that it is him.

Stepan seems like a floater out there. Even Anisimov has struggled. I think Anisimov may put the effort fourth but he is way too slow for the NHL at this point. I could also see him referring to Reilly or Wolanin as both are border line NHL players and both had a rough game.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If he continues to play like he has been these past few games, don't be surprised.

He's one of the few guys that's trying to make things happen so yea, let's say I'd have a hard time watching games going forward if that happened after Anisimov and Stepan are getting a free pass.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
So do you guys still think Galchenyuk can revive his career and be a High Reward type of signing?

Still early to tell. We have so many new bodies and no pre-season we've seen Gally play on three different lines in this game alone. Ask again in 10-15 games. But I doubt it, he could be waived tomorrow.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
He's one of the few guys that's trying to make things happen so yea, let's say I'd have a hard time watching games going forward if that happened after Anisimov and Stepan are getting a free pass.
No participation awards in the NHL. Make things happen or don't. There's no "try". Look at Paul, Tierney and Brown, they didn't "try" to make things happen, they just did.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Meh. There's no fight in his game, gives up on 50/50 battles. Doesn't move his feet unless the puck is within reach. He spent a little less than half of his time with Stepan, didn't change anything.
I still think he looked better in those areas this game. We knew coming into the season that he was a reclamation project and that it would be a question of whether he could reinvigorate his career here. I saw more from him this game and it looked like he was listening to the coaches and making the necessary adjustments. It is small improvements but it is movement in the right direction. I think he deserves some more games to see if he can keep taking those steps and keep making those improvements.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He probably means Stutzle and Batherson

Not at all. I'd have to listen again, but initially came across as players who have been around.

I think there's a chance they are more cautious with Stutzle if the results are similar to tonight but Batherson is pretty safely among the top forwards on this team and his TOI is representative of that.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I have no problem with him, but he seems the most likely to sit if you wanna insert Chlapik, which I think is in the cards for next game.
Chlapik can't be put in the lineup unless they waive a player or trade one or a player gets placed on injured reserve. The roster is full so no taxi squad guys can even get in the lineup unless those things happen.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Chlapik can't be put in the lineup unless they waive a player or trade one or a player gets placed on injured reserve. The roster is full so no taxi squad guys can even get in the lineup unless those things happen.
Isn't Paquette on IR?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
One easy way to make a change to the lineup is to move Stützle onto the taxi squad. That's likely something that will happen either tomorrow or Wednesday, so don't freak out about it. Matt Peca probably comes in.

Galchenyuk will be on waivers before this road trip ends. Stepan may watch a game or two soon.

Defense is harder to maneuver, but time is running out for Reilly and Wolanin.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
No participation awards in the NHL. Make things happen or don't. There's no "try". Look at Paul, Tierney and Brown, they didn't "try" to make things happen, they just did.

Whoa man. What are Gudbranson, J. Brown, Anisimov, Stepan, etc making happen?

Batherson has been eons better than all of these players. If he's the one to take the fall then this organization is beyond dysfunctional.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Galchenyuk and Reilly waived, TBH. I doubt either are claimed, so we’d have access to them in short order. To be fair, I don’t give a f*** if Reilly gets plucked though. But as mentioned, I doubt he is.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That quote from dj at the start of the year about “we will be having guys come in and out and that will make us more competitive” was so miscalculated. Humans aren’t robots. What’s really gonna happen, and what has happened is there’s more fear than anything. No one WANTS to come out or be part of the rotation. So everyone is trying to make the super simple play that DJ loves to get in his good graces. Which of course they’re not able because they’re scared of making a mistake. Dj and Dorion need to come together and say look. This is our f***ing roster. These are the 12 forwards. 6 d men. The extras are just that. EXTRAS. They’re not the coaches own personal threats to the players. They’re not the guy breathing down 23 year old necks after a misplaced pass.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Some random thoughts:

- Josh Brown can't complete a single pass.

- Murray looks like a subatomic particle in nets.

- Tierney was the only player I'd salvage from this disaster of a game.

- We need to restore some sanity to our line combos.

Reactions: Alex1234
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad