Low Effort GDT Senators @ Canucks - 10PM EST - TSN5/RDS - Battle of the basement. PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I wonder who he is referring to.

One guy that immediately comes to mind is Stepan. Some of the other guys are bad, but at least seem to be trying (Wolanin, Reilly). Stepan's mind hasn't seemed to be in the game at all this year. He certainly looks like he's floating.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I gotta say, I'm willing to cut some slack because we haven't played in such a long time and we didn't have a pre-season, but I really don't like our system this year at all. Tbh it doesn't even look like they have one at times. Very reminiscent of Dave Cameron.

even though he had his faults Boucher would have been so much better. he gave the sens management some sense of legitimacy too. A man who actually knows what the f*** he's doing. but of course Dorion and Melnyk blamed their f*** ups on him.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
DJ needs to probably talk to Tkachuk about those spin pass breakouts to center ice. He's tried it quite a few times this season and can lead to terrible turnovers. I'm not one to complain about players being flashy, but that's a needlessly dangerous play when you're trying to break out.
There's been a lot of lazy plays from that whole line these past few games, I wouldn't be surprised if DJ decides to scratch one of Batherson or Norris and the fanbase will go complete apeshit.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Galchenyuk should stay in. He looked much better this game and was competing a lot harder. He was also what was making the 2nd power play unit work. In my opinion he earned more games.

He's a good PP option but is a complete non factor else where.

Reactions: Icelevel

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
even though he had his faults Boucher would have been so much better. he gave the sens management some sense of legitimacy too. A man who actually knows what the f*** he's doing. but of course Dorion and Melnyk blamed their f*** ups on him.
I honestly don't think this is true, especially in a system where we play the same 6 teams all year. Boucher's trap would get figured out so quickly we might actually have gone the season 0-56 (instead of 1-55 like we will this year).

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
White Chlapik Zub and Coburn likely draw in I would think, in place of Anisimov Galchenyuk J.Brown and Reilly. I would think it would be Wolanin instead of J.Brown, were it not for the RH vs LH dynamic.

No chance J. Brown comes out. He had an epic scrap that turned this game around!!

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
One guy that immediately comes to mind is Stepan. Some of the other guys are bad, but at least seem to be trying (Wolanin, Reilly). Stepan's mind hasn't seemed to be in the game at all this year. He certainly looks like he's floating.

How Sens would it be to trade for a guy, give him an A, and then scratch him

EDIT: my bad I thought they gave Stepan an A

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I wonder who he is referring to.

I suspect Stepan. He already got demoted to the 4th line for this game. His lazy icing cost us the 6th goal.

Anisimov or? I don't think he's taken it for granted, he's already been in and out of the lineup. Same with Galchenyuk.
Watson was one of the few vets that cared tonight.
Obviously not Paul-Tierney-Brown
Dadonov has been ok.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
He probably means Stutzle and Batherson

Batherson does need to smarten up his play the last few games. He's made a lot of decisions with the puck without even thinking, blind passes to nobody, forcing shots that aren't there. Don't think he's talking about him, but he needs to be better if he wants to call himself a top 6 winger.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
He's a good PP option but is a complete non factor else where.
I thought he looked a lot better 5 on 5 and in the defensive zone. The d struggled to make outlet passes and he was stuck with Stepan who has been a blackhole for offense this year. I think he performed well and needs a different center.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Galchenyuk should stay in. He looked much better this game and was competing a lot harder. He was also what was making the 2nd power play unit work. In my opinion he earned more games.

I have no problem with him, but he seems the most likely to sit if you wanna insert Chlapik, which I think is in the cards for next game.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Batherson does need to smarten up his play the last few games. He's made a lot of decisions with the puck without even thinking, blind passes to nobody, forcing shots that aren't there. Don't think he's talking about him, but he needs to be better if he wants to call himself a top 6 winger.

If DJ sits Batherson I will seriously be done with this team.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

R2010

May 23, 2011
We should pick up Ennis and wave Anisimov and Paquette. Bring in Chlapik.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It looks like the end of the Boucher era out there I legit have no idea what our strategy is.
I believe what happened is this.

last Tuesday we played our best hockey. We legitimately steamrolled and team for 50 minutes. Smith saw something he didn’t like on the ice. From the Kid line. He chose a stance. It backfired in a horrible way. He lost us the lead and then he lost us the OT.

now I’m not sure if everyone spoke before he went out to the media. But I’m willing to bet he was f***ing embarrassed. And he doubled down blaming the young kids and this and that. I bet a lot of the players looked at eachother and said wtf.

and before that second game When it SHOULD have be positive it wasn’t. He just ripped on the them. And everything was different in that second game. And it only got worse. Everyone is white knuckling their sticks. They just came off a great game and this jerk off is in the media calling out their mistakes. So what does he do. He doubles down AGAIN for the third game and we get demolished. Again.

now this game gives him everything he needs.
Personally I think he’s lost it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

They wanted to slap an A on his jersey before he even played a game here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad