Low Effort GDT Senators @ Canucks - 10PM EST - TSN5/RDS - Battle of the basement. PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Did Logan take your girl from you ?

Lol... It’s ok to give an honest evaluation of a player ( I would say prospect but he’s going to be 23 in a month and that’s not really a prospect anymore). He’s a player who floats around the perimeter. He is a liability defensively, is soft, not exactly fleet of foot and easy to play against. He will be playing in the KHL within 2 years.

Reactions: The Big Ruszkowski

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
And let’s not forget he destroyed some Canuck behind the net and set up anisimov for a point blank chance. You would think Smith took notice of that but then he was missing every other shift for the rest of the game lol
Well I kind of get them limiting his minutes towards the end of the game. We were allowing too many goals against and given the fact that Galchenyuk isn't as strong defensively it makes a bit of sense that DJ would turn to the players he has more confidence in. But with that said he was much better in the defensive zone. He competed hard and pressure players. He gained control of the puck and completed clean passes. It wasn't a massive improvement but it was still a meaningful improvement from his last game.

He was generating chances this game and he was engaged physically. He also was more disciplined which was a good thing. Even on that hit in the offensive zone, it forced the Canucks to ice the puck so there are plenty of positives here.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Lol... It’s ok to give an honest evaluation of a player ( I would say prospect but he’s going to be 23 in a month and that’s not really a prospect anymore). He’s a player who floats around the perimeter. He is a liability defensively, is soft, not exactly fleet of foot and easy to play against. He will be playing in the KHL within 2 years.

This is really bothering me. Who sent the email?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Ohhhh so he did bang your girl. I am going to tag you every time Logan gets a point in the NHL.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I agree, but Tkachuk and Batherson need to do a better job of joining "the good ones". So far this season, I wouldn't say they've been good players. All I'm saying is that your team lives and dies with it's top players, if they're not playing well, the team isn't going to play well. It's not a coincidence our one win this season came in a game where Chabot and Tkachuk and Batherson were firing on all cylinders.

Batherson has been our second or third best forward.

But him and Tkachuk are 21. They will make mistakes but learning from those mistakes will be invaluable when we aspire to be a competitive team. Benchings aren't the way to go. Advice and proper tutelage are the ways to go. Our team seems reluctant to help young players work through their problems right now, however.

Reactions: DrEasy and Boud

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I would be pretty disappointed if they waived Galchenyuk. He has performed better than Anisimov and Stepan so far and he brings an element to the lineup that we don't have a lot of. He has shown enough flashes and enough little improvements to get some more games to ty to get his game going.

As for Reilly, yeah I would waive him. He certainly shouldn't be a regular within the top six.

I’d be curious to see Galchenyuk at centre.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Has he scored another goal? Can he crack the worst roster in the NHL? Can he beat out guys like 35 year old Michael Haley?

Didn't realize his career is over. Given this revaluation, what are your thoughts on the most NHL ready prospect in the OHL Boris Katchouk and Givani Smith, I hear he is going to be a very good NHL player.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Has he scored another goal? Can he crack the worst roster in the NHL? Can he beat out guys like 35 year old Michael Haley?

Does Michael Haley play center?!

He had to beat Tierney, Stepan, White, Anisimov, Norris and Chlapik.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Batherson has been our second or third best forward.

But him and Tkachuk are 21. They will make mistakes but learning from those mistakes will be invaluable when we aspire to be a competitive team. Benchings aren't the way to go. Advice and proper tutelage are the ways to go. Our team seems reluctant to help young players work through their problems right now, however.

Well, there's a difference between giving a player more ice time to work through their mistakes, and letting them hang to dry and letting their confidence take a hit. It's a delicate balance.

We saw both sides of that tonight. Batherson has been in the former category, whereas Stutzle has been in the latter. We plainly saw why DJ started sheltering Stutzle early in the game. Stutzle was struggling with confidence tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad