Prospect Info: Semyon Der-Arguchintsev

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think he needs to work on his leg/core strength, it'll help his stride for sure. We also have Barb as well. Good skill level and this is coming from a guy that didn't want him in the 3rd round.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Any word if he's been sent down yet?
Figured if he were going to get in, it would be one of the first 2 games.

Petes season opener is tonight and I selfishly want him in the lineup so I can watch him

Reactions: Critical91

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Any word if he's been sent down yet?
Figured if he were going to get in, it would be one of the first 2 games.

Petes season opener is tonight and I selfishly want him in the lineup so I can watch him

I believe the next rounds of cuts isn’t until this Sunday/Monday, after the games with Buffalo

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
babcock has said "we'll be watching these 4 games"

so SDA may get in one of the buffalo games

but... no guarantees. i do not expect cuts until after the buffalo games

also we still need 2 groups because all of our preseason games are back to backs... so it's likely it'll go from split squad to nhl - others... so he might be around for the entire time.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Hope he stays in peterborough
Just moved here late last year
, saw 1 game. Kinda remember him, think a buddy of mine was mentioning how selfish he was with the puck.... but may have to do with the fact the Petes didn't have many decent guys
I am sorry.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
He was the youngest player in the draft (born on the cutoff day for eligibility).

I think he will put up monster numbers this year in the OHL. With the numbers I think he can put up this season (well over a ppg), if he were born a day later, he might well have been a 2nd round pick, or even a late 1st round pick in 2019.

I love the pick. Love the move by Dubas to get him + Sandin out of our first rounder.

Reactions: Eb

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I love it here. Alot cheaper housing than the GTA and alot better area/downtown/events than it's given credit for
Fair enough sir. Tell you what, the latice fries at Rileys are awesome.

Reactions: TMLFC

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
we don't know, the camera never panned to the press box

Hmm. I was just watching the replay of last night's game (it's on silent) and I looked up and they showed him in a #85 jersey skating around before a stoppage. So I assumed he played. Maybe they were doing a feature on him??

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Hmm. I was just watching the replay of last night's game (it's on silent) and I looked up and they showed him in a #85 jersey skating around before a stoppage. So I assumed he played. Maybe they were doing a feature on him??

He skated pre-game. Just a feature.

Reactions: Boxscore

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If we aren't going to play him (and it is not like he has any shot of making the team this year), we should just send him to the Pete's in time for the start of the season. Hopefully, he can find good chemistry with Nick Robertson and put up strong numbers. But, obviously the main goal with him is to improve his explosiveness and edge work. It is very hard to be an NHL level playmaker if you can't create time on the puck with either high-end skating or strength on the puck. Given his size and build, its unlikely to be a strength on puck type situation. There are rare exceptions to this like Datsyuk, but I don't think using a guy who probably graded 80 out of 80 on the 80 point scouting scale for hands is really a useful comparison.

Reactions: Morgs

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009

it was a rando comment about how long his name and how it strikes fear in every announcer and showed him skating around

Reactions: Boxscore

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
If we aren't going to play him (and it is not like he has any shot of making the team this year), we should just send him to the Pete's in time for the start of the season. Hopefully, he can find good chemistry with Nick Robertson and put up strong numbers. But, obviously the main goal with him is to improve his explosiveness and edge work. It is very hard to be an NHL level playmaker if you can't create time on the puck with either high-end skating or strength on the puck. Given his size and build, its unlikely to be a strength on puck type situation. There are rare exceptions to this like Datsyuk, but I don't think using a guy who probably graded 80 out of 80 on the 80 point scouting scale for hands is really a useful comparison.

I don't mind him practicing with the Leafs. I'm sure he's been working with Barb and Babs, and hopefully picking up things he's going to have to keep practicing throughout the year. Guy's without a doubt our next "Bracco-type" project, so we need to have some serious patience with him.

Granted, he definitely needs to go down and dominate the OHL this season to be a legit prospect. He's on a trash team, so 1st line C and 1st line PP should be his.

Reactions: stickty111

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
They obviously think he has at least a very small chance of making the team if he hasn't been sent down yet. No NHL management is that stupid. Not saying the chance is sizable at all, but yeah.

filthyMitz

Feb 5, 2018
Indiana
Hope he stays in peterborough
Just moved here late last year, saw 1 game. Kinda remember him, think a buddy of mine was mentioning how selfish he was with the puck.... but may have to do with the fact the Petes didn't have many decent guys
If you catch more games this year you mind keeping an eye on Zach Gallant for me? Grew up playing baseball with the kid, hoping he does well :)

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Do people think he'll stick at center if he ever makes it? Or is he more like a Marner or Giroux type of winger who plays like a center?

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Did his teammate Gogolev get signed? They were the only good players on the team imo.
Gogolev was invited to the Detroit camp but I don't think he was signed. I'm a Petes fan and SDA is a very good stickhandler and playmaker - tends to cough up the puck too much but with the new coach in Peterborough this year there is more emphasis on discipline, not effing up etc. Gogolev is very sneaky as a forechecker, good hands Both he and SDA will do well this year. They both need to get bigger to make it in pro hockey. They will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad