Prospect Info: Semyon Der-Arguchintsev

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Like I said...lots of time! He has skills that are rarely taught! Also,being mentioned to the likes of Wellwood , Bracco, Marner is only a comparison of talent. I am 'pencilling' him into the NHL ,just not for a few years and very possible it won't be with the Leafs unless he hangs around till he is 24 or so,simply because there isn't any room for a top 6 player barring the unforeseen!

FYI, we've got a 30 goal scorer on our 3rd line for the forseeable future. 30 goal scorers need playmakers whether they are in the top six or not.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
FYI, we've got a 30 goal scorer on our 3rd line for the forseeable future. 30 goal scorers need playmakers whether they are in the top six or not.
If you are citing Kadri here(as the 30 goal man),I'm not sure how it relates exactly. I mean, if you are pointing out that a player with the talent of SDA can be a 3rd line center on the Leafs when Kadri is declining in a few years , then sure,I guess. Just that I look at the center position on the Leafs as a very rare situation! No other team matches up(on paper).
I suppose if SDA becomes as good as Marner or Bracco he could be a winger as well! AS always it will depend on the needs of the team,presently. Babs likes grinder/checker type guys inserted into the line-up!

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
SDA will be turning 22 when Kadri becomes a UFA. If he develops into a scoring line 2 center, that will be his opportunity.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We don't need to worry about whether he will or can replace Kadri or anything. The prospect overflow will give us options just like random guys like Gourde, Point, Cirelli, etc. on Tampa gives them options. Maybe one day you trade him for a second round pick that gets turned into Duncan Keith Jr. Quality creates more quality.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I.. I wasn't arguing with your opinion .. I'm agreeing that he's developing well. I'd like to see him have a big AHL season to really prove that he can make it.
Lol it's cool Bert. I'm all into the wagers and betting :nod:
I agree with you actually. And yes, Bracco will have great upcoming season.
P.S. SDA is going to be an NHLer for sure lol wouldn't you say? :help:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Lol it's cool Bert. I'm all into the wagers and betting :nod:
I agree with you actually. And yes, Bracco will have great upcoming season.
P.S. SDA is going to be an NHLer for sure lol wouldn't you say? :help:

And I'm not much of a gambler :laugh:

SDA has some interesting potential. I love the pick for his ceiling, even if he has a long way to get there. Youngest player in the draft and small. The Leafs have a great organizational structure currently to let him develop properly.

I'd like to see him make strides in his offensive output for him to be legit. PPG this season and PPG + next season. We'll have a long time to get a look at this kid :nod:

Reactions: AustonMarner

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
And I'm not much of a gambler :laugh:

SDA has some interesting potential. I love the pick for his ceiling, even if he has a long way to get there. Youngest player in the draft and small. The Leafs have a great organizational structure currently to let him develop properly.

I'd like to see him make strides in his offensive output for him to be legit. PPG this season and PPG + next season. We'll have a long time to get a look at this kid :nod:

I echo each and every one of your sentiments regarding SDA. Im thinking he'll have a 20g 50a type season in the OHL this season. Good luck this year SDA aka Mitch Wellwood..

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
So would you consider drafting a Russian Kyle Wellwood a successful pick?

Sure. Kyle put up a decent career. Wouldn't be a bad outcome for a third-rounder.

I'm not as enamoured with SDA as others, mostly because I place a lot of emphasis on skating ability. If he can improve his stride, though, while maintaining his puck skills, we've got a player.

Reactions: AustonMarner

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Sure. Kyle put up a decent career. Wouldn't be a bad outcome for a third-rounder.

I'm not as enamoured with SDA as others, mostly because I place a lot of emphasis on skating ability. If he can improve his stride, though, while maintaining his puck skills, we've got a player.

He is 17 but not a mature looking 17 old, id say its probable he can gain another gear or two even without lifting just based on his body maturing. He can slowly ween out some of his high risk dangles and become an interesting prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad