Semifinals: New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Series tied 3-3) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Yes, I still remember that. Potvin is a punk. Potvin got nothing for that and Bengt was never the same again. Ruined his career.

I also remember Hunter doing what he did and getting 21 games.

I see a dirty play by Mayfield and he is probably getting....nothing?

Just beat the Blightening, please. Then lose to the Habs. Thanks. :thumbu:
If the Isles win game 7, they're going all the way.

and Turgeon was never the same again. Isles had to play 2 time Cup champs with Lemieux and Jagr without their 132 point star - and won. Could've beat MTL with a healthy Turgeon.

But that was a long time ago.

Focusing on game 7. LGI

Reactions: Stercrazy

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Didn't Kuch take a two handed slash to JGP last year on a breakaway empty netter?

I even have proof. Wonder where all the "Saint Kucherov" fans went?

giphy.gif

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Since MTL/NYI is the one series that would make me want to quit hockey, if it happens, then I'll leave and keep my word.

The Isles won with that trap that you always talk about! Oh wait, we scored an OT goal with 2 men forechecking below the goal line and then a third guy below the dots and then we scored. I'll admit it was capitalizing on a bad turnover, but because of a lot of pressure. What you won't admit is you don't know shit about hockey. Because you won't respond to any post about you keep saying the Isles trap and play a 1-3-1, which has never ever ever happened in 3 years of Trotz Isles hockey.

Maybe you just don't know what the f*** you are talking about?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The hockey gods may have smiled on the Islanders tonight, that was just a brutal call on Martin after fought back and tied the game 2-2. Maroon lifted Martin's stick and highsticked himself. But somehow the Referee thought it was Martin. The Isles could have lost right there had TB converted on the PP. But they killed that penalty with almost possessed effort as to say Matt you will not need to live with this memory this summer. But that was just a terrible missed call at such a crucial moment of the game. Hockey players sacrifice and play so hard to get to this point, you would just hate to see a season end for any team on a missed call like that, thankfully it did not.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
No I just did not like how you seem to like to view hits through the lens of if a player was hurt or not. 99% of the rest of your posts are spot on. My point is I want to give the refs less choice during games. Just put out a memo like they do in the NFL and at the start of the season start calling all cross checks away from the puck as a start. After called penalties jump 30% teams will adjust.

This is the way I see it as well. Calling cross-checking away from the puck is where it needs to start. Sure it will spike for the first while, but if it starts in pre-season it will subside by the 20 Game mark I suspect.

If they make this change, (which I hope they do) will be interesting if the Officials maintain that standard into the Playoffs?

Anyway, Nicely written Post.
6BB77321-8F3E-4EE4-BD90-16C05E940249.jpeg

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Game 7 at home...under cooper?

Congrat Islanders.

Good luck against Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events