Semifinals: New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Series tied 3-3) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
So.. not insinuating this. Just generally asking... did he get hurt from that crosscheck or the weird nothing looking play with Barzal? The crosscheck was brutal and should have been called, but he really seemed to be laboring after trying to check Barzal. Maybe he tweaked something from the check and then exacerbated it. A separated shoulder from a cross check? If that report is true.

No clue.

I got my info from reading TB board. Someone mentioned it.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Whatever happens Friday, been one hell of a run. A lot of pent up frustration for us Islander fans the last 30 years.

Spano fiasco
Milbury and all those horrendous trades
Wang
Arena issues
Milstein/Gluckstern

I'm sure I'm leaving out some other lowlights.
Backup goalie turned GM overnight that only hired UMaine alum and rented out his basement to the coach…lol

Reactions: MattMartin

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I don't know how TB can be favorites if they miraculously advance.

Point, Stamkos, and Hedman?
I mean, I still think they’re a hell of a hockey team and I’d rather not be playing them in game 7… I didn’t expect the Isles to win 2 in a row, and I still expect game 7 to be a war

Obviously missing Kucherov would be a huge hit to them, but they’re still a RREEEAAALLLLYYYY good team even without him

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Yeah we are on the same page then lol. Why are you responding and trying to debate something that isn’t relevant? Lets not argue just for the sake of arguing. Call them all, I agree

No I just did not like how you seem to like to view hits through the lens of if a player was hurt or not. 99% of the rest of your posts are spot on. My point is I want to give the refs less choice during games. Just put out a memo like they do in the NFL and at the start of the season start calling all cross checks away from the puck as a start. After called penalties jump 30% teams will adjust.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I truly think he injured himself on the Barzal hit and the crosscheck had little, if anything, to do with it. He went into the boards pretty damn awkwardly
Ive watched the replay a hundred times of his check on barzy and I still dont know what happened. At first I thought he caught a divot in the ice cause his left leg looked weird but he was grabbing his side/arm.

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
You should watch the games you comment on. Five second clips do not tell the story.

And how does this have to do with the post you quoted? Official said it wasn’t malicious so he couldn’t call it. Don’t know if it was, but didn’t need to be in order to be a penalty

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
If Kucherov was that hurt by the cross check, no way he goes after Barzal immediately afterwards
He wasn’t even trying to throw a malicious hit, he literally just hit awkwardly into the boards. Probably hit shoulder first at the wrong angle, if the separated shoulder rumor is true

Reactions: hobochangba

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Did you actually use the words Tom Wilson and not cheap in the same post?

and as a Caps fan - you're seriously bringing up a Potvin hit from 35/40 years ago?

I have two words for you - Dale Hunter. Was one of the worst and dirtiest plays in sport's history. Separating a celebrating player's shoulder from behind after the game/series was over. Pathetic. One of the the few bigger POS than Wilson in hockey history.

Yes, I still remember that. Potvin is a punk. Potvin got nothing for that and Bengt was never the same again. Ruined his career.

I also remember Hunter doing what he did and getting 21 games.

I see a dirty play by Mayfield and he is probably getting....nothing?

Just beat the Blightening, please. Then lose to the Habs. Thanks. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad