Semifinals: New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Series tied 2-2) Part.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
I guess Tampa has run out of ways to directly f*** the Rangers.
If not for Tampa, the Isles would be looking for their second straight Cup this year. Not to mention that they can obviously still win this series. I’d say they’ve been a godsend for any Rangers fan.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Tampa are still favourites. Isles need to win Game 5, they won't win a Game 7 at TB
IDK. With all the talk about IRONY, the zamboni door and LTIR, here's my scenario:

Game 7 goes to OT at Emily's Arena in TB. The Isles shoot the puck into TB's zone around the glass and Vasilevskiy goes behind the net to intercept the puck. But when the ice was cleared the door wasn't closed properly and the puck bounces out in front of the goal where it is tapped in for an easy series-winning goal... by Anders Lee who came off LTIR for game 7.

Now THAT would be irony.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The call against Hedman may have been "soft", but when a guy has the puck in the offensive zone with an empty net and a defender's stick makes contact with his skate and he falls, it's a penalty pretty much every time.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
IDK. With all the talk about IRONY, the zamboni door and LTIR, here's my scenario:

Game 7 goes to OT at Emily's Arena in TB. The Isles shoot the puck into TB's zone around the glass and Vasilevskiy goes behind the net to intercept the puck. But when the ice was cleared the door wasn't closed properly and the puck bounces out in front of the goal where it is tapped in for an easy series-winning goal... by Anders Lee who came off LTIR for game 7.

Now THAT would be irony.

And the refs still wouldn't call the Islanders for TMM

Reactions: nyscene

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Someone was claiming on twitter his buddy who works media for Tampa says the Bolts claim the Isles did not make the camera angle that determined the 3rd was actually onside available to the Tampa video guys or the bench ipads. Isles might get fined if that is true. I highly doubt it was deliberate at all but probably it is the home team's responsibility to ensure all those camera angles are there.
No. It was onside. That's just BS

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Right after the game ended last night, I switched to Nets-Bucks. Thought it was funny that Kenny Albert was calling our game, and his dad Marv Albert was calling that game.
It has been really great to hear Marv's voice again, I got goosebumps when he said "FROM DOWNTOWN!!" I haven't heard him say that in DECADES since the 90s Knicks teams, it was a special moment for me. He is the greatest, and Kenny is great also, love them both.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I'm sorry...ANY fan talking grap about the Coli is sour grapes. There is NO way under the burning sun that they don't wish they could tail-gate like we do, have such an intimate connection with players, and have an arena FILLED with 100% screaming fans and not corporate paid-for-shills. Unfortunately, that's where it's headed with UBS...just like the rest. But if you tell me for one minute that the rest of NHL fans aren't jelly over our owner riding the trains with us to and from games at Barclays, , chanting with us....climbing over seats to high-five us, renting out a bar in NY and turning it into 'Offside Tavern' b/c our favorite bar in Manhattan (Ranger territory) was closed down due to covid, you would be remiss.

OF COURSE THEY'RE JEALOUS....they will say they aren't, like clock-work........but, yeah, they are. We're a blast from the past...simpler times

I'm going to miss sitting on line for my $12 student ticket and yelling at the players (hat-tip Gino Odjick) as they walked into the 'Dump'....aka Nassau Coliseum

I told Gino Odjik to "give 'em hell' before a Rangers game...and he turned his head, smiled and waved....and he did, in fact, give the Rangers hell

Also, Islander fans, never forget Rich Pilon...ever
Gino Odjick
Pilon = Legend
Loved him terrorizing Mario.

Reactions: nyijedi

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The call against Hedman may have been "soft", but when a guy has the puck in the offensive zone with an empty net and a defender's stick makes contact with his skate and he falls, it's a penalty pretty much every time.
The rule states if you make contact first with the puck it is not a penalty

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
McDonagh tried the Brian Leetch spin-o-rama move that he did on Brodeur and scored in Game 7 ECF in 1994...McDonagh is no Brian Leetch, Brian would've put that puck top shelf and scored and tied the game.

THIS IS HOW ITS DONE RYAN

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I went out deer hunting this morning. And I had the wife clean the mansion.
Sounds like a pretty boring life. I have money and I choose to drive shit cars, there's something about being rich and preppy that rubs me the wrong way. Keeping up with the Joneses is a pretty bad drug for happiness.

Anyways you probably don't even have money and talking about it makes you feel all big and mighty. And if you do, stop rubbing it in and go find Euphoria through something else.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Imagine if McDonagh had scored on that holy moly. Would have been on the tsn top 10 of all time maybe.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Sounds like a pretty boring life. I have money and I choose to drive shit cars, there's something about being rich and preppy that rubs me the wrong way. Keeping up with the Joneses is a pretty bad drug for happiness.

Anyways you probably don't even have money and talking about it makes you feel all big and mighty. And if you do, stop rubbing it in and go find Euphoria through something else.

You asked what I did. I told you.

Regardless, good luck to your team in games 5 and 6. It'll be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad