Semifinals: New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Series tied 2-2) Part.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
I think you missed the point... Which was bad calls happen, a lot, and both teams have been on the wrong end of it... It's part of the game and complaining changes nothing. Move on.

All fans need to complain so things change. They need to start calling things closer to the book.

G4 had many missed calls on both sides. By letting it go on it screws up the entire flow of the game. Nobody knows what a penalty is anymore

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Penalties, and bad calls, are part of the game. In every sport. Been that way since the beginning.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
If it is time for an officiating overhaul, that is not why. The NHL changed that rule several years ago so whether the player hits the puck first or not does not matter, it is trip either way. Under the current rule, the only thing making contact with the puck first does is prevent it from being a penalty shot.

I didn't like it at the time and still don't, but that is the rule.
My bad, it's different in the league I ref.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Tampa usually plays well after a loss. Isles are gonna be hungry to get the win and then have the opportunity to close it out at home. Not sure what's gonna give here. I think that is the sign of a good series here.

I expect Tampa to bring their best and play hard every shift.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
ESPN won't be broadcasting nearly enough games to take him away from the Islanders. Plenty of guys at ESPN do regional work as well just like Burke's been doing with NBC for the last five years or so. You've got nothing to worry about.

There's always the possibility that MSG will Michelletti him, which means take an Islanders analyst from the Isles broadcast who is excellent at their job, move them over to cover the Rangers after completely lobotomizing them and changing them over to a whiny Rangers shill.

That'd be even worse. I always liked Michelletti but love Burke, he is easily one of the best in the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad