Selke finalists - Bergeron, Kopitar, Toews

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Rep award for sure, Kopitar shouldn't have been in the running this year, imo. Glad his talents are getting huge recognition, but that's a snub to Kesler, Palat, et. al.

Would be totally typical if next year he had a monster year and got left off the ballot.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I think Bergeron/Toews should win it. Boston and LA didn't make the playoffs so I don't really see Bergeron or Kopitar winning it. Kopitar was really good last season but this season he wasn't the same player as last year, seemed a little sluggish. Toews is a workhorse out there and I know many think it's a reputation award but Toews has just been working his ass off every game. He's always physical, tight-checking giving no room or space. That's why Crosby, Giroux, and Backstrom have 1 point in 6 games combined against Chicago this season.

No time, no space, and he's one of the best stick checkers in the league so he always has his stick on top of his opponents.

Sportsnet took all of 20 seconds to announce it...and that was it...I would have expected more hype about a NHL award...
Yeah, I barely even noticed it was the Selke since they got by so fast.

jford

Apr 21, 2015
Toews should stop fake baking, because he looks about 40 in that picture.

Bergeron should win. Toews probably will win.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd say after watching their games and watching stats that it should be

Bergeron
Toews
Kopitar

Last edited:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Your yearly reminder that people who vote in these awards don't really pay attention to how players actually play and go off reputation instead.

jford

Apr 21, 2015
So 2 of the top 3 two way players in the league play for non playoff teams?

Team sport, so yes. You can be a great offensive or defensive player on a non-playoff team.

I don't think Kopitar deserved a nomination, but if you have any advance or other stats showing that Bergeron isn't in the top three of defensive forwards in the NHL, I'd like to see them.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Getzlaf really deserves to get nominated one of these years. His stats (advanced or not) were better last year though.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Plus hawks were 2nd in league in GA. It would be huge if Toews could become a multiple Selke winner (gotta love reputation awards). Hope he got the requisite votes.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I've never thought Toews was really Selke-worthy. Bergeron and Kopitar really should be nominated every year though. It's not reputation, they're just amazing and consistent defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad