Injury Report: Seidenberg to miss remainder of season with torn ACL/MCL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How about Aaron Ward? buy out Seidenberg and give Ward back his 44 jersey- my kid might even have one hanging around that a couple of twirls in the dryer will be ready to wear

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
They are in the "B" Pool. I was assuming he would go for the experience and to help them win the Pool.

There's no "B" competition at the Games.

The teams competing at Sochi are Canada, the U.S., Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Austria, Finland, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, Latvia and the Czech Republic.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
There's no "B" competition at the Games.

The teams competing at Sochi are Canada, the U.S., Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Austria, Finland, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, Latvia and the Czech Republic.
See, I learned something new today. I always thought the "B" pool countries competed.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Just for those who think Chiarelli would have to overpay, that isn't true. That is why we have this stock pile of young guys who we keep calling up, plugging in and they continue to excel.

Sure teams will know that we want to acquire a rental, vet defensemen for the playoffs...but we have the option to not make a trade because of those young guys.

The only time you are forced to overpay is when you have no other options.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Wouldn't mind Chia making a trade with Phoenix for Klesla.

Solid dman like Seids who could come for cheap, he was on waivers before but no one claimed him IIRC?

I hope Chia doesn't trade Morrow.

Randomtask68

Jul 19, 2010
Burlington, MA
There is a 0.00001% chance the Bruins would pursue this course of action, but do the 2 compliance buy outs provided by the CBA allow you to buy out the contract of a player acquired in a trade as long as their current contract was signed before the lockout or does the trade remove that player from buy out consideration? Because if the buy out was possible, the potential pool of D men available in trade would only increase.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Imo, we won't get a top 4 D-man who can be as reliable and effective as Seidenberg.
But do we even have to? Remember during our Cup run in 2011 we had Boychuk/Ference as our second pair.

And I certainly don't want some washed up guy to play here if he isn't better than the likes of Bartkowski/Miller by a large margin.

Sure, losing Seidenberg isn't going to be the end of the world. You can always refer to the series against the Rangers, but what if we were without him against a team with an actual offense?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
holy **** ... dennis seidenberg is one of the most underrated player in the league, and this is coming from a Habs ****... suck for you.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'm more bummed than panic-stricken. I think our depth at D can handle 44's absence. Still sucks though. :(

I wouldn't oppose a trade for a 1yr rental, if it didn't involve giving up any high picks/prospects.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Imo, we won't get a top 4 D-man who can be as reliable and effective as Seidenberg.
But do we even have to? Remember during our Cup run in 2011 we had Boychuk/Ference as our second pair.

And I certainly don't want some washed up guy to play here if he isn't better than the likes of Bartkowski/Miller by a large margin.

Sure, losing Seidenberg isn't going to be the end of the world. You can always refer to the series against the Rangers, but what if we were without him against a team with an actual offense?

The playoffs are a long way down the road, and nobody can say what will happen to any team between now and then. What if? What if Chicago loses Toews or Kane? What if Pittsburgh loses Malkin? What if Tampa loses Bishop? Speaking of Tampa, they've been doing OK without Stamkos.

The Bruins have defensive depth, and now they're going to use it. Give the kids a chance and see how they do. They might surprise us.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
We lost our 2nd best defenseman, I think we need to look at a trade.

They called up Trotman instead of Miller, which I think is rediculous.
They can't do anything with Miller unless they intend on keeping him up for the balance of the season. He'd be exposed to waivers if they sent him down, and picked off for sure.

TheBigZ

Dec 18, 2007
Dallas, TX
www.hfboards.com
I wouldn't trade for anyone. This team is more than capable of winning without Sieds. All this overreacting about who we should trade for is hysterical. You would think we just lost bergeron, chara, and krejci in one shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad