Confirmed with Link: Seguin, Peverly and Button to Stars for Eriksson, J.Morrow R.Smith and Matt Fraser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I honestly think this is the exact stance Seguin should have taken when coming here, but he wanted in the game so badly he just said he'd play wherever he had to.

And if the maturity issues are as much an issue as people are saying, someone in Boston FO ****ed up royally. If they didn't want Seguin they should have traded down and made themselves a mint, or at the very least once drafted and issues identified should have left him in junior to work that **** out.

Instead they developed a likely future star for another team.... again.

Or he arrives in Dallas, is permitted to continue to do whatever he wants.....we shall see

I like the kid, cringe at what he might be down the road but I also have a ton of admiration for the stance that Mngt has taken

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Wonder if a GM would speak to the guys like Z/Bergy about how they feel about having a teammate like this??

Not saying the players call the shots but I have to think if a GM does speak to the vets in situations such as this that it would have to have an impact to a degree on decisions regarding that player?

I don't know how it works, but if I am Gregory Campbell, I wouldn't put up with it.

I got out and play on a broken leg, and just play with reckless abandon every game, then see that kid mail it and and just get by because he is uber talented?

I'd put in a call to the GM every time. Now I'm sure it doesn't work like that. Maybe these guys are professionals BECAUSE they can tolerate skilled, stuck up kids more than regular people like you and me.

But these stories are telling.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
They said the same thing about the last elite offensive type as well. At what point does the line start to ring hollow? At what point do we as fans admit that they want a specific type of player and that elite offensive guys aren't what they covet?

I wouldn't say elite players aren't coveted...but immature ones have to leave. No one player is bigger then the team.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Wouldnt be surprised to see Iggy sign with Bruins!!! Imagine...

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Soderberg-Kelly-Knight/Spooner
Merlot

Chara-Boychuk
Seids-Hamilton
Krug-Mcquaid/Bart

Looks deadly to me..

I dont have high hopes for getting iginla but had to post about how amazing that lineup looks. Unreal.

My thoughts on this crazy trade are that it is very much a win win for both teams. I said all along i didnt mind losing Seguin but it had to be for a good return. Well, in terms of team fits I dont think we could have done much better than getting Eriksson. People who have said he is a winger Bergeron are exactly right. I very much look forward to seeing him here for the next 3 years.

I do think Seguin will flourish in Dallas. I think this will be a wake up call for him and he will answer. I dont think he becomes a 90 point guy to many holes in his game for that but I could definitely see a consistent 70 plus point guy. Dallas knows there not ready to compete next year or even maybe the year after and by than you might have missed your shot with Loui, where as Seguin buys them time and gives them alot of what Loui did for more years.

No need to freak out really unless your a huge Seguin/Loui fan.

I have lots of respect for Chia ill tell you that much. Guy is not afraid to do what he feels is right and lucky for us most of the time he makes good moves while doing it.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
It's no doubt Seguin is going to have better numbers next year than Eriksson. It's possible that both Pevs and Seguin perform better in a different system. That being said, this is a very fair return for Seguin.

The reality is we got Eriksson for 4.25 million the next 3 years. The cap hit is extremely friendly. Let's see what happens on Friday.

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
IMO you guys won that trade. I think Eriksson will do more for Boston that what Seguin did and you were able to unload salary with Peverley. J. Morrow and R. Smith are good prospects too. Not bad.

Meanwhile Montreal is going smurf again with Briere? :S At least he can be a nasty POS when he wants... ;)

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Anyone concerned about Marchand's frame of mind? He and Seguin were good pals, no?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Wait a second, now people are saying Seguin's off ice issues were serious and real and that he should be traded? LOL 2 days ago I was heckled for saying the same thing.

Gotta love this place.

We've always been allies with Eastasia.
We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Haha it is strange because it's not like youre buddies with the player, people can say whatever they want about the player but it seems like people feel they have to back him up because he was "their guy" so to speak.

Anyways my two cents I'll stop invading your guys boards.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Kirk's call

http://hockeyjournal.com/news/bruins/Kirk-s_Call-_Analysis_of_the_Tyler_Seguin_trade_to_Dallas

For the Bruins, this is a public admission of a mistake. Chiarelli signed Seguin because he believed the third-year winger (who was drafted as a center) would take a major step forward and demand a higher monetary value on an expiring ELC. The anticipated success never materialized, however. After playing well in Switzerland during the lockout, he returned to Boston for a sluggish start before heating up and finishing the 48-game season with 16 goals and 32 points, well off his pace from a year ago.

When Seguin couldn’t get going in the postseason, the B’s had seen enough and pulled the trigger to start anew with a different look and upgrade in character.

On paper, the Stars are getting a potential big payoff in the supremely talented, but underachieving Seguin. The Bruins don’t get nearly enough potential in return, but every piece of the deal is a better fit for Boston’s system and the premium the team places on speed, skill, character and commitment

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
No.

Because the only reason Seguin got traded was for off-ice garbage. Hamilton seems like the complete opposite of Seguin.

I think off ice antics can be overlooked if the player is producing but this year Seguin wasn't producing and he was apparently more committed to his partying.

Work ethic matters and I think perhaps the off ice stuff combined with work ethic was all Chia and coaching staff wanted to deal him.

Poor work ethic and party lifestyle won't get you far on a team that has a team identity and doesn't cater to superstars.

Poor Marchand has lost his bro though-maybe he and Looch can start a bromance to replace their missing bros.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Wait a second, now people are saying Seguin's off ice issues were serious and real and that he should be traded? LOL 2 days ago I was heckled for saying the same thing.

Gotta love this place.

We've always been allies with Eastasia.
We've always been at war with Eastasia

:biglaugh: Only because I'm re-reading it right now.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I'm so pumped about this. Love it. Can't wait till October

Lucic - Krejci - Alfy/Iggy
Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson
Soderberg - Kelly - Spoons/Knight/Fraser
Merlot

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
What do you expect them to say?

I don't know, usually if a guy who is well liked and respected is traded away, the players usually say "I know I'll miss him, he was a good guy, a good teammate, but I'm looking forward to playing with the new guy."

Just flat out dismissing him is VERY telling.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
They said the same thing about the last elite offensive type as well. At what point does the line start to ring hollow? At what point do we as fans admit that they want a specific type of player and that elite offensive guys aren't what they covet?

For Chiarelli he has done a wonderful thing. He has his core guys...Bergeron, Chara, DK, Looch and to an extent maybe Marchand. He wants to build a specific type of team....now and for the long term. So because of this he is not handcuffed when he has a primadonna on his hands. He trades them for 3-4 assets and players he believes will slot right in. Every GM should be so fortunate to operate this way. Was Seguin our most skilled guy? Yes...was Kessel...yes....but they weren't the right guys and Chia has shown he can take this team in the right direction without the need to rely on those types of guys.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Hey it's weird to think that we won't have to watch Segs try to deke out 3 guys by himself every rush down the ice. That was getting funny to laugh at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad