Confirmed with Link: Seguin, Peverly and Button to Stars for Eriksson, J.Morrow R.Smith and Matt Fraser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinBruins

Jul 31, 2010
Chia was so far ahead on this, it is scary.

"Andy, we aren't going to resign you."

"Pete! Why? I love it here! Is it because of my cap hit?"

"No. I need your sweater."

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
98.5 just said it is now clear that the Leafs won the Kessel deal... lol

:shakehead:

Hamilton, Morrow, Loui, and knight among others? I'll take my chances.

Kessel will be the best player in the deal but not by much... We win the trade easy, imo. Morrow really is a terrific prospect.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
The flaw in your chemistry argument Joe, is that this team, even with a supposed malcontent, just made it to the finals, and they already won a cup with him too. Adding some decent depth players and less upside in the skill department because they didn't like a 21 year old chasing tail is a very short sighted way to run a franchise, IMO.

You're selling Ericksson short here, he's far from a depth guy. He will be in the top 6, PKing and playing on the PP. He will probably lead the team in points too.

Kaoz*

Hamilton, Morrow, Loui, and knight among others? I'll take my chances.

Kessel will be the best player in the deal but not by much... We win the trade easy, imo. Morrow really is a terrific prospect.

Quality versus quantity. Quality wins every time.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
But we didnt do that...stick with facts. Eriksson is as good as Seguin offensively and much better defensively. Fact. We got the best player in the deal, they got more potential. No idea where you are going with the above comment.

We'll see. Eriksson put up those numbers in Dallas, where a guy who left Boston after barely managing to score 18 goals the two previous years threw in 35. I wouldn't be so confident in Loui putting up anything close to what his average was in Dallas.

Again, this isn't about not trading Seguin. My issues is that the team sold low, IMO, and didn't get a decent enough return.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
The flaw in your chemistry argument Joe, is that this team, even with a supposed malcontent, just made it to the finals, and they already won a cup with him too. Adding some decent depth players and less upside in the skill department because they didn't like a 21 year old chasing tail is a very short sighted way to run a franchise, IMO.

chasing tail ? Ditching your linemates during round 1 of the playoffs is chasing tail?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You're selling Ericksson short here, he's far from a depth guy. He will be in the top 6, PKing and playing on the PP. He will probably lead the team in points too.

Time will tell. His goals per game average and points per game average were way down last year. I don't feel nearly as confident as you do expecting this guy to perform at the same output as he has in Dallas, here. I fully expect his numbers to drop, and possibly dramatically.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I have such a good reason to buy an Eriksson Team Sweden jersey now... ****ing yes. He's always been one of my faves.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Chiarelli says Eriksson plays left and right wing equally well.

Chiarelli, "Loui Eriksson put up a lot of goals for Dallas. Fraser will challenge for spot on our team."

Chiarelli on Seguin, "Very good player. Better suited for center in Dallas."

Chiarelli, "Told Peverley at exit meetings we would probably move him."

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
They kinda gave the Bruins all they could handle in last years playoffs didn't they?

And Kessel was arguably the best forward for both teams that series.

They still lost though so it really doesn't matter in the end.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Another star in the making parted with in the name of a team building trade.

Seguin's mere point output in Dallas is not going to determine whether this is a good trade. Let's see how this shakes out in team building for both clubs. We've been down this road before and it worked out OK.

I still had hope for Seguin in Boston so I wasn't clamoring for this necessarily, but this is a good trade for the Bruins.

Immediate help in all three zones with Eriksson, cap relief for Rask and others and some help for the cupboard/pipeline which was too bare after the deadline deals low draft picks this year.

The Bruins will likely be a strong contender for the next 4 years. That's a good feeling.

Hotspur

Jun 24, 2013
Stars fan here.

Right now this thing is fairly dead even value wise, time will tell who ends up winning the trade. Hopefully it can be one of those elusive win-wins.

You're gonna love Loui. Last year he didn't look like himself, but hopefully he can regain his scoring touch with you guys. I got used to cheering for Boston in this last playoffs because of the conditional pick, I guess I'll have to keep that going now because I'd love to see Eriksson lift the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->