Seguin at 23 goals has surpassed what the top Bruins goal scorer averaging at 82 gms

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
Most overrated player in the league. He's racking up tons of goals while his, and his teammates team play is awful. He's a dangerous sniper but he should probably be a winger considering his defensive play.

But hey, let him keep racking up huge individual numbers in a losing cause. It's what all the great ones do.

Yeah, it's +6 player's fault (best on the team) that the Stars are a -18. also his fault Dallas has the second worst save percentage in the league.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
How is it a bad trade, Seguin may not have developped this way in Boston under that system and he was a lockeroom problem to a SC contender, they did what had to be done and got 2 contributing roster players in return.

Made me feel better. McDonagh may not have developped this way in MTL :sarcasm:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Most overrated player in the league. He's racking up tons of goals while his, and his teammates team play is awful. He's a dangerous sniper but he should probably be a winger considering his defensive play.

But hey, let him keep racking up huge individual numbers in a losing cause. It's what all the great ones do.

Meanwhile in Boston, they can't score and continue to lose.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
At first I really thought the trade was good for the Bruins because Seguin is such a god damn doutche who had off the ice issues. Addition by substraction. Plus I really loved Loui Eriksson, a 70pts player who was flying under the radar.

But right now the trade looks really freaking bad for the Bruins.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

Sure, let's blame Seguin because the Stars have 2-3 legit NHL dmen, and those guys are struggling.

Not saying TS can't improve defensively, but that would be rare for someone of his age.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Seguin is fantastic. Only knock on him was his "personality" not his defensive play. He is actually not to bad without the puck on his stick.

Whether he would of flourished like this in Boston is another story, but yeah a huge loss for the Bruins.

Still not as bad as McDonaugh and Forsberg like people have mentioned.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

If you were a Boston fan I'd say you were bitter. Dude is not the most overrated player in the league in any way.

So because the team is not winning he should stop scoring? How does that work in your head?

MilanKraft*

Sorry, there is more to being "the best player in the NHL" than scoring goals.

Not really....point of hockey is to score goals.
Everything else is just a byproduct of circumstances.

Jordan score the most points
Gretzky score the most goals...

They lost a lot too early and later. ..

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That wasn't bad... They decided they were never gonna win a cup with Jumbo Joe as their #1 guy. They were correct.

So just trade him for spare parts? Thornton trade was bad, them winning the Cup ~6-7 years later doesn't change that.

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
Worst trades of the past 25 years include two each from Montreal & Boston :

Montreal : Roy. Gomez

Boston : Thornton, Seguin

This is one area of competition that these two bitter rivals will gladly let the other team win the next one!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
At the time of the deal, i thought it was good. Most Bruins fans knew Seguin would explode the moment he was traded. The return looked good on paper. Two good prospects in Smith and Morrow, Fraser, a NHL ready guy in Eriksson. I thought it was a win win for both sides. Dallas got a guy to build around, and Boston got pieces to keep the machine going, or so to speak.

What most of us did not count on however, was Eriksson completely falling off. The Bruins can't score and have no gamebreaking forwards to score said goals.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
If I were the Bruins I would be kicking myself for making that trade. Their injuries have lead to a lack of scoring in which Seguin would have picked up to at least Keep the team a float at the top of the east.

They are really really struggling hard right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad