Seguin at 23 goals has surpassed what the top Bruins goal scorer averaging at 82 gms

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I love Seguin and the Bruins are my second favorite team, so I can say with full confidence that this was not even close to the worst trade since the lockout.

Seguin would never have flourished like this in Boston, and he was beginning to get too comfortable with the night life scene. He wasn't a cancer, and he likely never would have been, but he wasn't what they were looking for personality-wise for their franchise player.

Regardless of all that, though, Eriksson, Smith and Morrow are all good players in their own right, and although none will ever be as good as Seguin, it's a very respectable return.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Most overrated player in the league. He's racking up tons of goals while his, and his teammates team play is awful. He's a dangerous sniper but he should probably be a winger considering his defensive play.

But hey, let him keep racking up huge individual numbers in a losing cause. It's what all the great ones do.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
How is it a bad trade, Seguin may not have developped this way in Boston under that system and he was a lockeroom problem to a SC contender, they did what had to be done and got 2 contributing roster players in return.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
McDonagh and Forsberg trades are up there.

Yeah, I'd be depressed about seeing a player blow up on another team, but at least he was on the roster for a while, and some value came back in return. I actually thought Boston got a good deal at the time.

I cannot say the same for Washington.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I understood the rationale for the trade from day 1 and I don't believe that Seguin would be doing in Boston what he did in Dallas, he'd still be on the wing. If you aren't really sound defensively you don't play center for Julien. The Bruins won't play their most skilled prospects for the same reason (who are not in the same literal league as Seguin). Also Smith and Morrow are developing well.

All of that said, Seguin is making them look stupid, homerun trade for Dallas. Even if Boston was going to trade him, in hindsight the problem was waiting until his value was at its lowest point. Also it would help if Eriksson wasn't a shadow of his former self.

So all in all we are getting our ***** kicked on this trade.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sharp trade turned out to be horrendous for Flyers especially when you factor in Sharp was pretty good in 2010 finals vs them as well (4 goals + 2 assists in 6 games)

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Most overrated player in the league. He's racking up tons of goals while his, and his teammates team play is awful. He's a dangerous sniper but he should probably be a winger considering his defensive play.

But hey, let him keep racking up huge individual numbers in a losing cause. It's what all the great ones do.

He has the best +/- on the team. He's not the problem in Dallas.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Everything in this post is completely false.

illpucks

May 26, 2011

This has to be a joke.

He is the best player in the NHL right now and it isn't even close. He is tearing up the league and outperforming league superstars who are on President's trophy teams, while he is on one of the worst.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Yeah, I'd be depressed about seeing a player blow up on another team, but at least he was on the roster for a while, and some value came back in return. I actually thought Boston got a good deal at the time.

I cannot say the same for Washington.

Speaking from experience, I feel bad for Washington fans...
1- Fleeting thoughts on how McDonagh would look great besides Subban or Markov.
2- A decade's worth of mercilessly being goofed on by other fanbases
3- Fleeting thoughts on how McDonagh's a captain and we don't even have a captain.:laugh:

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
This has to be a joke.

He is the best player in the NHL right now and it isn't even close. He is tearing up the league and outperforming league superstars who are on President's trophy teams, while he is on one of the worst.

Sorry, there is more to being "the best player in the NHL" than scoring goals.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston

Yes it's Seguins fault Dallas' second line isn't too good.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
How is it a bad trade, Seguin may not have developped this way in Boston under that system and he was a lockeroom problem to a SC contender, they did what had to be done and got 2 contributing roster players in return.

He looked this good in Boston already. Just not in the playoffs. He never had locker room problems.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Seguin is playing great defensive hockey this season, what are you even talking about? He's a great possession player who plays against tough competition. He is the least of the Stars worries.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
yes let's blame seguin for the rest of the team being ****.

might as well blame benn as well then.

bursilym

Jan 9, 2014
this guy is good. LOL at all of u blaming him for stars crapness. Do u expect him to take on the other team by himself. I am sorry but no single player in the world can take down TEAMS by himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->