Seguin at 23 goals has surpassed what the top Bruins goal scorer averaging at 82 gms

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Most overrated player in the league. He's racking up tons of goals while his, and his teammates team play is awful. He's a dangerous sniper but he should probably be a winger considering his defensive play.

But hey, let him keep racking up huge individual numbers in a losing cause. It's what all the great ones do.

Oh, so Seguin is now Ovechkin 2.0 -- where you routinely get crapped on by posters on HF for being bad at defense even though they know nothing about his defensive play.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What a novel concept for a thread.

Don't worry - the Bruins board is extremely well aware of this.

Will be disappointed if Seguin doesn't score more than the entire Bruins roster combined. Whatta bust.

Except for the legion of Bruins' posters who continually post excuses how Seguin wouldn't be scoring if he played for Boston and who say he doesn't fit the 'Bruins' system'.
To be fair, those apologists for the trade are getting to be fewer and fewer.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
My personnal worst is Rask for Raycroft. If you think Habs fans are mad about McDonagh for Gomez, I can't imagine how they would've felt about Price for Raycroft.

I don't understand why didn't make space for Seguin. They talk about Bruins culture but that team right now and where it's headed has none of that. Bergeron can play wing and either Krejci/Bergeron can take up a purely defensive role and still contribute just as much as if they had an O role.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Except for the legion of Bruins' posters who continually post excuses how Seguin wouldn't be scoring if he played for Boston and who say he doesn't fit the 'Bruins' system'.
To be fair, those apologists for the trade are getting to be fewer and fewer.

There are like 2 of those. And there have always been 2.

Maybe for the first half of last year, sure. But after that pretty much everyone knew Chiarelli ****ed up.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
There are like 2 of those. And there have always been 2.

Maybe for the first half of last year, sure. But after that pretty much everyone knew Chiarelli ****ed up.

Well to be fair to Chiarelli he's made some great trades as well.
This is one though that I knew was a bad one at the time it was made.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Every Boston fan including me thinks it is a horrible trade, I don't see all the Bruins fans saying it was a good deal.

It all depends on what happens in the future though, if the Bruins win a Cup is it really a terrible deal if Smith/Morrow/Eriksson are a part of it in any way???

Cup? At this point boston is a borderline playoff team. Now that Chara is no longer elite neither is Boston. A guy like Seguin potentially keeps the window open another 10 years. Great guy to build around.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Damn those dumb Bruins for winning the Kessel trade, then screwing it up by trading Seguin to Dallas, of all teams. What a blunder.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
This has to be a joke.

He is the best player in the NHL right now and it isn't even close. He is tearing up the league and outperforming league superstars who are on President's trophy teams, while he is on one of the worst.

Hahahahahahaha

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
I remember reading the text from TSN when he was dealt. I was at work.

I swear, I felt a massive weight fall off my shoulders. As a Leaf fan, I cringed everytime we played the Bruins. He was so skilled, had so much potential. Although I denied it, it was the worst thing to happen to this organization in a long, long time: we gave a rival a superstar. Kessel is fantastic, but Seguin had next level talent.

Then I saw the trade. Surely Benn was involved? Multiple 1sts? Nope. Eriksson. Eriksson was the core piece going back. Smith and Morrow are nice players, but they are quarters on a dollar.

I sat back eating my sandwich in the back room and just smiled as I read through the HF thread on my phone. I remember it as if it were yesterday.

As a habs fan, I second this. I cried happy tears. There was absolutely no point and time where I thought the Bruins didnt get shafted.

Im really getting annoyed by the whole "He wouldnt have flourished like this" "He wouldnt fit in Bostons system"

He is a goal scorer, goal scorers score goals. If your system doesnt allow a goal scorer, to score goals. Maybe its the system that needs to change.

but you guys may be right. Who knows, he may only have 20 goals right now as a Bruin, or maybe 18. That being said, how many other Bruins have 18 goals?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Hahahahahahaha

You can laugh. That doesn't make it not true. 1 point up on #2 with 1 less GP. 3 goals up on #2 with 2 less GP. On a bottom feeder. People have ingrained thoughts that never change here. Seguin right now is the best as the stats indicate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad