Seattle's YET still unnamed team

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
NHL Seattle mailbag: When will we get a team name? What to expect in the expansion draft?
according to this link the name reveal is now late February or March.
idk when that was decided, bc i thought at the beginning of the season bettman said it would happen on all-star weekend.
It's absolutely painful.

On a somewhat related note, has their *ever* been a funny post on HF boards that included this emoji? :sarcasm:

I can't think of a single one.
yea i unironically hate this place. i'm struggling to think of any post that ever even made me grin.

Reactions: Morrison

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Is this thread anything else other than people trying out their stale material like open mic night at the local Comedy Cellar?

What about my suggestion said "stand-up comedy" to you?

Why isn't "Seattle Silver Hawks" a legit suggestion in your opinion? Because I posted a picture of an 80s cartoon with it?

Look, I don't even have a local Comedy Cellar, so I have to do it somewhere, okay?!

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Ok, back to seriousness for a moment, it likely has a legit reason for delay. Lawyers. Copyrights. Registered Trademarks.

I like the Kraken because it sounds cool and is different. These are the trademarks registered I believe....

Totems, Emeralds, Rainiers, Sockeyes, Renegades, Sea Lions, Seals, Evergreens, Whales, Cougars, Eagles and Firebirds.

Here is an article...

Speculation on NHL Seattle's Final Five Names: Cougars, Emeralds, Rainiers, Sea Lions, Sockeyes?
Rainiers, Totems, Pilots, evergreen or metropolitans would be my top picks. What about the Reighn? Or is that still used by the wnba? Sea wolves? Is it true they are using the same colour scheme as the Nucks but reversed with kelly green as the primary colour? Either way, so glad Vancouver finally has a team so close, gonna be a fun rivalry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SwaggySpungo

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
So for someone who's not up to date any idea when they plan on releasing the name? All Star game, draft?

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018
Ok, back to seriousness for a moment, it likely has a legit reason for delay. Lawyers. Copyrights. Registered Trademarks.

I like the Kraken because it sounds cool and is different. These are the trademarks registered I believe....

Totems, Emeralds, Rainiers, Sockeyes, Renegades, Sea Lions, Seals, Evergreens, Whales, Cougars, Eagles and Firebirds.

Here is an article...

Speculation on NHL Seattle's Final Five Names: Cougars, Emeralds, Rainiers, Sea Lions, Sockeyes?

Hmm. I like Emeralds, Seals, and... well... that’s pretty much it.

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018
They’re gonna choose sea lions, Mark my words.

I prefer the name “Seals” to “Sea Lions”, myself.

Could be really good if they go with a Pittsburgh Penguins type cartoony logo.

Seattle Seals has a great ring to it. It’s every bit as god as Pittsburgh Penguins.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
NHL Seattle mailbag: When will we get a team name? What to expect in the expansion draft?
according to this link the name reveal is now late February or March.
idk when that was decided, bc i thought at the beginning of the season bettman said it would happen on all-star weekend.

yea i unironically hate this place. i'm struggling to think of any post that ever even made me grin.
This thread is the worst that I’ve ever seen at people trying of be funny and failing miserably.

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
Rainiers or Emeralds seem like they would be a good bet. I know the Sounders supporters are all over that shit from the outside looking in.

Seattle Whales is actually a possibility? Really. Seattle Seals seems way more plausible now.

Rainiers or Emeralds I would put money on (I assume they're not top of the pack?) and I'd like if I was in Seattle... but even better it will be some out of nowhere name like the Whitecaps did. At first I was confused but that was well done.

Last edited:

Fulmination

Nov 1, 2019
A few have mentioned seals and I like
It. But they might have a delay because the Dallas stars might still own the rights. The California golden seals moves to to become the clevland barrons before merging with the north stars. Even the NHL video games have old seals jerseys to play as for Dallas.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I prefer the name “Seals” to “Sea Lions”, myself.

Could be really good if they go with a Pittsburgh Penguins type cartoony logo.

Seattle Seals has a great ring to it. It’s every bit as god as Pittsburgh Penguins.
Already been a Seals in the league. Well... Golden Seals.. But they were also the 'Oakland Seals' for a time. You'd think they would want to be a little more original.

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018
Already been a Seals in the league. Well... Golden Seals.. But they were also the 'Oakland Seals' for a time. You'd think they would want to be a little more original.

"Original" gets us festering crap like the Minnesota Wild.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I don't mind Sea Lions nor Sockeyes as long as the design isn't cheesy.

I wish there were better seafaring terms. Here in the Puget Sound we have the largest ferry fleet in the US, and one of the largest in the world.

We have multiple Naval bases (Bangor/ Kitsap which is nuclear subs, Bremerton, Everette). Ships are always coming in and out of the shipyards elsewhere.

Things that people here and maybe tourists think of too would be (for better or worse): rain, mountains, glaciers, volcanos, cold ocean, emerald waters, pine trees, salmon, whales, sea lions, marmots, clouds, traffic, tech, Microsoft, camping, backpacking, Naval bases and military families, Grunge, Space Needle, transplants, relationship making difficulty, power outages, ...ok ok, I'm getting off track.

There just HAS to be something bada** that can come of this.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
RainierLogo.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad