News: Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Seattle is going to have issues with the centers available. Pretty poor group and UFAs aren't much better.

My picks would be:

AnahiemJosh MahuraLD
ArizonaLane PedersonC
BostonConnor CliftonRD
BuffaloCollin MillerRD
CalgaryMark GiordanoLD
CarolinaNino NiederreterRW
ChicagoAdam GaudetteC
ColoradoJoonas DonskoiRW
ColumbusMax DomiLW
DallasBen GleasonLD
DetroitKaden FulcherG
EdmontonTyler BensonLW
FloridaChris DreigerG
LACarl GrundstromRW
MinnesotaCarson SoucyLD
MontrealLukas VejdemoC
NashvilleColton SissonsC
New JerseyNathan BastianRW
NYIJosh BaileyRW
NYRColin BlackwellC
OttawaJosh BrownRD
PhiladelphiaJakub VoracekRW/LW
PittsburghBrandon TanevLW
San JoseDylan GambrellC
St LouisVince DunnLD
TampaCal FooteRD
TorontoJared McCannC
VancouverBrayden HoltbyG
WashingtonAxel Jonsson-FjallbyLW
WinnipegMason AppletonC
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
You complain about the lack of C's available but don't pick any of Gourde, Johansen, Kerfoot (already rumored to be our pick as part of a side-deal with TML), Tierney, Domi. I agree about your statement overall but you are not picking any of the C's in the list I posted to really help the situation out.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Why would you not take Gio, Gourde, Domi, JVR, Duchene, Eberle if you're Seattle? You can be competitive right away.

Vanecek is available, Dreidger is signed. So they have two goalies that won't cost much cap.

Reactions: haveandare

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Seattle is going to have issues with the centers available. Pretty poor group and UFAs aren't much better.

My picks would be:

AnahiemJosh MahuraLD
ArizonaLane PedersonC
BostonConnor CliftonRD
BuffaloCollin MillerRD
CalgaryMark GiordanoLD
CarolinaNino NiederreterRW
ChicagoAdam GaudetteC
ColoradoJoonas DonskoiRW
ColumbusMax DomiLW
DallasBen GleasonLD
DetroitKaden FulcherG
EdmontonTyler BensonLW
FloridaChris DreigerG
LACarl GrundstromRW
MinnesotaCarson SoucyLD
MontrealLukas VejdemoC
NashvilleColton SissonsC
New JerseyNathan BastianRW
NYIJosh BaileyRW
NYRColin BlackwellC
OttawaJosh BrownRD
PhiladelphiaJakub VoracekRW/LW
PittsburghBrandon TanevLW
San JoseDylan GambrellC
St LouisVince DunnLD
TampaCal FooteRD
TorontoJared McCannC
VancouverBrayden HoltbyG
WashingtonAxel Jonsson-FjallbyLW
WinnipegMason AppletonC
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

If they pick Foote over the guys available to have from Tampa, they are out of their mind.

I know fans are praying for cap hell for Tampa, but you select Gourde or Palat any day of the week.

Twain

Jul 1, 2019
Definitely interesting to see how this unfolds and who they are going to select. It feels like they even have to be wary of not picking a ”too good” roster. Cap space is their biggest asset and they certainly don’t want to waste that by picking too many past their prime big names with high salaries. At least not if there’s not a side deal attached. Picking higher salary players just to flip them might also be almost impossible in the flat cap market. A lot of good players are exposed exactly because they don’t have much or any trade value due to their contracts. Even though there’s plenty of enticing names, Seattle might actually be disappointed that so many teams opted to expose high salary players instead of the younger guys. Nevertheless, they are still in a very good position and I’m sure they will find a good balance and have a really good team from the get-go.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
JVR-Gourde-Eberle
Domi-Kerfoot-Neiderreiter
Kahun-Jankrok-Compher
AstonReese-Gambrell-Gauthier
Kero, Highmore, Fischer

Gio-DeMelo
Dunn-Zadorov
Butcher-Borgen
Lauzon-Cale Fleury
Mahura, Cholowski

Dridger
Kakkonen
Vanecek
D'Accord (AHL Starter, doesnt need waivers)

Didnt factor in any cap dump deals, tho i imagine there will be 1 or 2. Tho some moves i could imagine in this scenario would be flipping Gio w/retention for futures, moving one of Kakko/Vanecek in a package to get either a 2C, or a 2W and move Domi over to Centre.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Maybe if Anaheim gives them something to take the contract of another three years on the wrong side of 30

I guess, he just turned 31 and is only signed until 34. Those are prety much prime years IMO. 5.8 milly for what is likely to be their 1 or 2C isnt much really

MomoSissokko

Feb 16, 2010
Donskoi, Zadorov, Domi, Tarasenko, Lauzon, Price, Virtanen, Hathaway, Fischer, Murray, Henrique, Giordano, Van Riemsdyk, Bean, Bailey, Appleton, Grundström, Gourde, McCann, Larsson, Driedger, Tanev, Johansen, Blackwell, DeKeyser, Miller, Donato, Oleksiak, Kahkonen

Bailey Johansen Tarasenko
Van Riemsdyk Gourde Donskoi
Grundström Henrique Appleton
Blackwell Domi Tanev
Hathaway

Giordano Lauzon
Bean Zadorov
Larsson Dekeyser
Murray

Price
Driedger
Kahkönen

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Donskoi, Zadorov, Domi, Tarasenko, Lauzon, Price, Virtanen, Hathaway, Fischer, Murray, Henrique, Giordano, Van Riemsdyk, Bean, Bailey, Appleton, Grundström, Gourde, McCann, Larsson, Driedger, Tanev, Johansen, Blackwell, DeKeyser, Miller, Donato, Oleksiak, Kahkonen

Bailey Johansen Tarasenko
Van Riemsdyk Gourde Donskoi
Grundström Henrique Appleton
Blackwell Domi Tanev
Hathaway

Giordano Lauzon
Bean Zadorov
Larsson Dekeyser
Murray

Price
Driedger
Kahkönen
Are you sure this fits under the cap?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Seems like general strategy for most teams this time was to hope Seattle frees up some cap for them. Francis has the opportunity to pick a really solid team but it probably won't matter with Hakstol as coach.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Seems like general strategy for most teams this time was to hope Seattle frees up some cap for them. Francis has the opportunity to pick a really solid team but it probably won't matter with Hakstol as coach.
Coaching is so overrated in hockey …even the good ones get fired every 3-4 years. Look No further than gallant! He got an expansion team to the cup and still got fired…it’s way more about the players especially with an older team

Reactions: backburner

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Was Tampa expected to expose Palat? I mean i know they have cap struggles, but he did just have a pretty good year...

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Read the NHL said that Seatte cannot pick Price then retain and send him back...it would be considered cap circumvention.

For all the habs saying this was legal. Finally.

Reactions: abo9

MomoSissokko

Feb 16, 2010
Are you sure this fits under the cap?

You are right, my roster is almost exactly 10 over
Maybe one of Domi or Henrique (both around 5,5) is redundant and also Dekeyser (5 mio) is too expensive
Dzingel instead of James van Riemsdyk could save other 3,5 mio....
now it could work
(and if not, I would not select Tanev with 3,5)

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Can anyone explain the Ivan Khomutov thing? He is listed as available from Jersey's list but he is 36 years old and retired. If Seattle cannot select the likes of Ryan Kesler (rightfully so), why could they draft a retired guy? Not saying it makes any sense to do so, but I just find it weird that he is "eligible".

Anyone?

Reactions: Owenay

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Maybe one of Domi or Henrique (both around 5,5) is redundant and also Dekeyser (5 mio) is too expensive
now it could work
I am honestly surprised with some of the players available. We can definitely ice a very competitive roster but that team would be close to a cap team.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
now it could work

Do you have to be cap compliant with 30 men when you are only have 21-24 men roster? Be over the cap in the offseason and trade some players for picks.

You take Gio and trade him at the deadline and do the same for some other players.

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad