Pederson, Gauthier, Gadjovich, Bastian

Giordano-H.Fleury/Lauzon
Soucy-Zadorov
Cholowski-Brown
Lagesson, Gilbert, Moverare, Gleason, Borgen, C. Fleury

Driedger
Vanecek
Johansson

76.3M, need to sign Driedger, Zadorov, True, Cholowski + most of the younger, scratched D. unless Driedger demands over 4M they can afford it.

call every GM's bluff and pick all of their "cap dumps" and go for it!! badly need a RHD.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Nino-Johansen-Tarasenko
Zucker-Gourde-Voracek
McCann-Stenlund-Bailey
X-True-Appleton
Pederson, Gauthier, Gadjovich, Bastian

Giordano-H.Fleury/Lauzon
Soucy-Zadorov
Cholowski-Brown
Lagesson, Gilbert, Moverare, Gleason, Borgen, C. Fleury

Driedger
Vanecek
Johansson

76.3M, need to sign Driedger, Zadorov, True, Cholowski + most of the younger, scratched D. unless Driedger demands over 4M they can afford it.

call every GM's bluff and pick all of their "cap dumps" and go for it!! badly need a RHD.
Now this is the right move. Nice job.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Maybe if Anaheim gives them something to take the contract of another three years on the wrong side of 30
Based on how strange Anaheim's protection list is (they protected Deslauriers), I think there is already a deal in place between the teams. I think Seattle will be getting Henrique and another piece like (or similar to) Mahura. I think that was the cost of protecting Jones, Steel and Fleury. That's just my guess though.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
You complain about the lack of C's available but don't pick any of Gourde, Johansen, Kerfoot (already rumored to be our pick as part of a side-deal with TML), Tierney, Domi. I agree about your statement overall but you are not picking any of the C's in the list I posted to really help the situation out.

Is this a thing? I haven't read that anywhere. Makes sense from Toronto's perspective, and I bet Hakstol wouldn't mind working with Kerfoot again, but I am just wondering if there are any legs to this, or is it just fans speculating.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Do you have to be cap compliant with 30 men when you are only have 21-24 men roster? Be over the cap in the offseason and trade some players for picks.

You take Gio and trade him at the deadline and do the same for some other players.
Yes, but RFA players drafted without signed deals give Seattle a lot of wiggle room. They should not be anywhere close to the cap after the draft before signing any of the players that are without contracts.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Is this a thing? I haven't read that anywhere. Makes sense from Toronto's perspective, and I bet Hakstol wouldn't mind working with Kerfoot again, but I am just wondering if there are any legs to this, or is it just fans speculating.
It is a rumored deal. I am unable to find the twitter post though.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
You can’t leave me and not fill me in…….

Thomson was LA property in '91, coming off a season with 8 GP for the Kings. Minnesota lost a bunch of players to the Sharks as part of the conditions of their sale / the expansion to San Jose. North Stars therefore got to participate in the expansion draft. They took Thomson with their second last pick (18th). That draft happens May 30. Jun 22, LA trades Todd Elik for Randy Gilhen, Charlie Huddy, Jim Thomson, and a 1991 4th round pick. Thomson plays 45 games for LA that year and two with their IHL affiliate in Phoenix.

Flash forward to '92 expansion draft; Ottawa and Tampa Bay added. Ottawa lands Thomson with pick #29. Thomson suits up for the Sens this time and plays 15 games. Dec 19. traded with Mark Fortier for Bob Kudelski and Shawn McCosh. Thomson plays 9 more games with LA and 14 with Phoenix.

'94... Anaheim and Florida join the league. Anaheim nabs Thomson with the 44th pick. It's his 9th pro season, he's clearly a journeyman, plays just 6 games and then is done for good.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
still not 35, his contract ends at 38 years old. There’s a lot of elite G that are making it to 38. Seattle should def pick the best available player.

they could flip him at 40% retention for great assets. Pretty sure he would waive is NMC to a contender

Why would they flip him at 40% and retain $4M for 5 years?

The assets would be astronomical for that to happen. Ladd went for 2 2nd round picks and a 3rd. That type of retention on Price would require multiple first round picks.

Do people think before they even post here?

Reactions: Sinistril

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Preds are rumored to be going for a side deal. I wouldn't be shocked if Johansen or Duchene is a Kraken with sweeteners.

Sure, if the Preds are giving the Kraken a 1st + prospect for them to take on Johansen, then maybe.

Duchene? Absolutely not. He had ONE good year in Ottawa in the past FIVE seasons.

He has scored 19 goals in his previous 100 games....13 points in 34 games this year, and 42 points in 66 games the year before. Duchene is 30 and has 5 years left at $8M. If I were the Kraken, I would be asking for multiple first round picks to take this garbage contract. At least Johansen is younger and his contract is shorter.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I don't expect they'll take as many high priced guys as we might guess. Price being my example here. Looking at the other goalies they really should not take Price. Johansen too, but my centers were looking very weak. I think those are ones they'd regret if they did. Right D is also a disaster but I'll give it a shot

Voracek - Johansen - Palat
Dadonov - Kerfoot - Donskoi
Ritchie - Gaudette - Athanasiou
Fischer - Kero - Appleton

Giordano - Nutivaara
Pettersson - Dunn
Bean - Larsson

Price
Holtby

Donato - Kahun - Bastian
Gauthier

Cholowski - Aho
Carlsson

Kahkonen
Vanecek
Tokarski

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I don't expect they'll take as many high priced guys as we might guess. Price being my example here. Looking at the other goalies they really should not take Price. Johansen too, but my centers were looking very weak. I think those are ones they'd regret if they did. Right D is also a disaster but I'll give it a shot

Giordano - Nutivaara
Pettersson - Dunn
Bean - Larsson

Price
Holtby

Donato - Kahun - Bastian
Gauthier

Cholowski - Aho
Carlsson

Kahkonen
Vanecek
Tokarski

So they're taking 5 goalies?

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
It is a rumored deal. I am unable to find the twitter post though.
Well, will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Wouldn't mind Kerfoot with an add, as I am not really certain McCann would be quite as versatile as Kerfoot, but without a sweetner, I think I still gamble on McCann to breakout, and cost less in the process.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So they're taking 5 goalies?

Tokarski was just a Buffalo throwaway pick, almost everyone they have "available" is UFA, and I already had too much cap I wasn't comfortable taking Colin Miller. Waive him, and play him in the minors as potential depth

Kahkonen is waiver exempt so could go down if they needed him to.

I realize that still leaves you 3 guys. You could maybe retain and trade Holtby somewhere for value and run with Price and Vanecek.

The more reasonable answer is don't take Price, take Colin Miller from Buffalo since that team I listed desperately needs RD and that only leaves you with Holtby, Vanecek and Kahkonen, the last of which you can send down and Holtby/Vanecek is your tandem

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014

Giordano - Nutivaara
Pettersson - Dunn
Bean - Larsson

Price
Holtby

Donato - Kahun - Bastian
Gauthier

Cholowski - Aho
Carlsson

Kahkonen
Vanecek
Tokarski
Good list but Gaudette is a terrible 3c and not good enough to be in the top six. Nice guy but see him as someone who ends up in the KHL.

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Why would they flip him at 40% and retain $4M for 5 years?

The assets would be astronomical for that to happen. Ladd went for 2 2nd round picks and a 3rd. That type of retention on Price would require multiple first round picks.

Do people think before they even post here?

multiple 1st rounds for 4m retention? I mean, it doesnt have to be only picks. Don’t think you got my point of acquiring a price for free instead of a cale fleury is a no brainer because of the value he could fletch at some point.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Niederreiter - Gourde - Voracek
Zucker - McCann - Bailey
Jarnkrok - Gaudette - Appleton
Ritchie - Gambrell - Blackwell

Giordano - Larsson (sign)
Dunn (sign)- Jensen
Bowey - Fleury

Price
Kahkonen
Driedger

Extra:
F:Fischer. Lizotte, Greer
D: Harrington, MacDonald, Borgen, Cholowski
G: D'Accord

Which better value players would you get? Imo this is a competitive lineup, although it locks you out of UFA and there's a lot of guys that will need to be resigned fast...

Sorry but this might be one of the worst teams I've seen so far.

Gourde, McCann,Gaudette and Gambrell down the middle? Oof.

Bowey? As in Madison Bowey? In the starting lineup? Major oof.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Does anyone know the rules if a team has two goalies with full NMCs, since team's are only allowed to protect one goalie?

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Good list but Gaudette is a terrible 3c and not good enough to be in the top six. Nice guy but see him as someone who ends up in the KHL.

I don't see how that list is a good list. Johansen, Kerfoot, Gaudette and Kero down the middle is just atrocious. What's the purpose of getting Price AND Holtby? Dumping $15M into two past their prime goalies to achieve what? That lineup is going for Bedard/Wright.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Based on how strange Anaheim's protection list is (they protected Deslauriers), I think there is already a deal in place between the teams. I think Seattle will be getting Henrique and another piece like (or similar to) Mahura. I think that was the cost of protecting Jones, Steel and Fleury. That's just my guess though.
From the stories before about Francis' price I'd say Mahura isn't nearly enough to get him to take Henrique.

I think the real answer is simple: ANA didn't value Fleury all that much.

Reactions: LokiDog

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Preds are rumored to be going for a side deal. I wouldn't be shocked if Johansen or Duchene is a Kraken with sweeteners.
Is this a new rumor or based on the same Poile statement from the Arvidsson trade where he said he would "ideally" like to be able to make a deal with Seattle? Unless he has something cooking in free agency or via trade post expansion draft, I can't see why we'd be desperate enough to make that happen at the rumored prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad