Votes: 11 3.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 17.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.3%

• Total voters

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
No doubt that's a nice top4, but those young D that we'd trade won't get us the kind of quality forward that 5OA can net us. We risk missing out on our last chance to add a core piece at forward, and the Habs desperately need to cement themselves as a team that is led by its forwards. They say you build from the net out, yes, but if you can't finish off the build with elite scoring up front, you'll always be lacking. This in turn leads to GMs having to overpay and chase scoring forwards.

The best scenario is one of Demidov or Lindstrom. If they are gona, If Leshunov is there, no doubt, Habs management would not like to pass on Leshunov. That will be very difficult to pass on a potential like that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If a D is the clear BPA at the Habs’ pick, as per their rankings, it’s a no brainer. You take what the draft gifts you with early picks.

By the same token, I’d be hoping Hughes has a few trades up his sleeve to sell off excess D for forwards.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What??!! No more Eiserman?
Would still love Eiserman but the team isn’t taking him that high. Lidstrom would be my alternative. Would love to see us get the Sharks 12th pick and take Eiserman then.

I think Eiserman’s a boom or bust. Were too risk averse to take him at 5th. At 12th? I think you HAVE to take him.

And the usual caveat here: I don’t watch these players. I’m not an authority on anything here. I’m more than happy to defer to our scouts. I didn’t like the Slaf pick. Didn’t like the Price pick, liked the KK pick… :laugh:

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
How I’m sleeping every night knowing this new Habs management is smart enough to know that Zeev Buium is the right pick at 5 over every other forward not named Lindstrom/Demidov.

DC503F09-EC1B-49DE-A60F-02EA2ECC0972.png

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
There’s no doubt in my mind he’s high on HuGo, MSL, Bobrovsky & Billy Boy’s radars - they will know every little detail about him and the fact he’s going to BU to play for Pandolfo is another bonus.

Bigger version of Caufield from other side
No thanks. I don't want any player that refers to himself in the 3rd person... That's strange. He gives me Shane Wright vibes. Plus I don't think he'd do well in the interview process.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The best scenario is one of Demidov or Lindstrom. If they are gona, If Leshunov is there, no doubt, Habs management would not like to pass on Leshunov. That will be very difficult to pass on a potential like that.
Agreed I'm just laying out the downsides. I think trading down is possible as the internal rankings might align well with the top 10 order. But for that to be the option you need the inside knowledge that only the habs brass can get in the moment on draft day. But hey if we end up with Levshunov I'm not going to complain

Reactions: KevSkillz4

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
No thanks. I don't want any player that refers to himself in the 3rd person... That's strange. He gives me Shane Wright vibes. Plus I don't think he'd do well in the interview process.
I can’t stop laughing!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Would still love Eiserman but the team isn’t taking him that high. Lidstrom would be my alternative. Would love to see us get the Sharks 12th pick and take Eiserman then.

I think Eiserman’s a boom or bust. Were too risk averse to take him at 5th. At 12th? I think you HAVE to take him.

And the usual caveat here: I don’t watch these players. I’m not an authority on anything here. I’m more than happy to defer to our scouts. I didn’t like the Slaf pick. Didn’t like the Price pick, liked the KK pick… :laugh:

Why do you spell it Lidstrom rather than Lindstrom ?

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Everyone should be happy if Leshunov is available and become the pick.

Guhle - Leshunov.
Hutson - Reinbacher.

That's insane top 4, guys!

They would easily trade one of Engstrom, Xhekaj, Mailloux for a young forward.
This has been my preference for a while now, I think there is a clear tier of players in the 2-5 range, Buium, Leshunov, Lindstrom and Demidov. Whoever is left is fine by me.

Reactions: bsl and habsterr

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
For the people who keep bringing up Catton's name like he's a possibility...you can take the following Tweet the bank. This is as solid as when Leroux revealed that Michkov was on the Habs' no draft list last year.

Reactions: Runner77 and Nevins

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I stopped watching a YouTube guy because he kept referring to himself as "we". I just couldn't take it anymore. Lol. So who is this guy ? And yeah it is really weird.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Suzuki is a unicorn. The guy is incredibly strong and resilient. Not someone you gauge with an inch or two in height.
Imagine someone thinking a 210lb + player is undersized. lol

They probably look a Benoit Pouliot or KK and love the profile … even tho they can’t stay on their feet. They’d love the Habs to build a volleyball team!!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
lmao not sure if i would take the word of a blogger as gospel

as trustworthy as HF posters here
lol @ calling him "a blogger" like he can't possibly have a source. Elliotte Friedman is a podcaster, that doesn't mean shit.

Everyone knows that Beaudoin has a legit source inside the Habs org. He also appears on mainstream radio, is it more convincing to you?

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I don't see any scenario where none of Levchunov, Silayev or Dickinson goes in the top 5. If anything, I see it as more likely that the dmen all go in that order, from 2 to 4, and we get to choose between any of the forwards not named Celebrini. Unless HuGo have been playing 4D chess with everybody all along and they throw a curve ball .
...Please keep talking about how 2-4 all go defense ... I need more of that reassuring positivity in my life! :D

Reactions: bopeep

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
If a D is the clear BPA at the Habs’ pick, as per their rankings, it’s a no brainer. You take what the draft gifts you with early picks.

By the same token, I’d be hoping Hughes has a few trades up his sleeve to sell off excess D for forwards.
that's my hope too... if we get Levshunov at 5, I hope we hear that we've traded back into the top 10 -15 and get whichever one of the offensive guys is left like iggy, catton, Eiserman, sennecke or who ever... or a 25 and under legit top 6 prospect .

Hughes is smart.. I think he will have contingencies upon contingencies going into the draft

Reactions: bsl and themilosh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad