News: Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
How long before people in Seattle start taking offense because not everybody was selected in the expansion draft and some people were excluded in their picks?

Reactions: viper0220

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Seattle picks 30 players. There is a 23 active player roster. Where do they get all the minor leaguers? Assuming they have AHL etc affiliates.

Thanks
I believe they have an agreement for their players to play with another club's AHL team but can't remember which.

Like Vegas, they will surely trade a few of the picks they're making.

Reactions: Tripod

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
My go at it:

Van Riemsdyk - Duchene - Eberle
Domi - Kerfoot - Kahun
Donato - Tierney - T. Johnson
Lemieux - Compher - Fischer
Carpenter, Svechnikov (or any of DET's younger guys instead of Namestnikov), MacKewen, Gauthier

Dunn - Demelo
Dillon - Shattenkirk
Butcher - Miller
Kylington, Fleury, Bean, Hanley, Zboril/Lauzon

Kahkonen
Driedger
DeSmith

Guys like Van Riemsdyk/Eberle/Domi/Dillon/Demelo/Shattenkirk to be flipped sooner or later.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
My go at it:

Domi - Kerfoot - Kahun
Carpenter, Svechnikov (or any of DET's younger guys instead of Namestnikov), MacKewen, Gauthier

Dunn - Demelo
Dillon - Shattenkirk
Butcher - Miller

Kahkonen
Driedger
DeSmith

Guys like Van Riemsdyk/Eberle/Domi/Dillon/Demelo/Shattenkirk to be flipped sooner or later.
Duchene is barely a 3C. Would be a terrible contract to take on. I would rather take Johansen. 1 year less than Duchene and better player. Though honestly, I would just pick Jarnkrok from the Preds.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
My go at it:

Domi - Kerfoot - Kahun

Dunn - Demelo
Dillon - Shattenkirk
Butcher - Miller

Kahkonen
Driedger
DeSmith

You have two selections from Anaheim, Shattenkirk and Fleury....or is that Fleury from MTL?

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
YNrrqF8.jpg

My go at it

Reactions: Saxon

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
What's the point for the Blues to expose Tarasenko? Don't tell me there isn't at least one team that would've given them at least a 7th rd pick.

Even if it's at 50% salary retained, the contract expires in 2 years.

Reactions: uncleben

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Duchene is barely a 3C. Would be a terrible contract to take on. I would rather take Johansen. 1 year less than Duchene and better player. Though honestly, I would just pick Jarnkrok from the Preds.

Massive massive overstatement. Does he have one of the worst contracts in the league? Yes. Barely a no.3 C is laughable though, before Nashville hired Hynes Duchene was at or near PPG and the season prior had 70 points, it's totally possible that he just needs to get away from what many consider the worst coach in the league.
He looked closer to a top line player than a no.9 forward when Hynes finally put him with Forsberg and Johansen, it's a shame it took too long to do so and they were quickly broken up anyway.

I agree though, Jarnkrok should be a lock if Francis doesn't want to take a risk in Johansen. I can see him in a veteran leadership role.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Massive massive overstatement. Does he have one of the worst contracts in the league? Yes. Barely a no.3 C is laughable though, before Nashville hired Hynes Duchene was at or near PPG and the season prior had 70 points, it's totally possible that he just needs to get away from what many consider the worst coach in the league.
He looked closer to a top line player than a no.9 forward when Hynes finally put him with Forsberg and Johansen, it's a shame it took too long to do so and they were quickly broken up anyway.

I agree though, Jarnkrok should be a lock if Francis doesn't want to take a risk in Johansen. I can see him in a veteran leadership role.
Ok. Fine. He is better than a 3c. Acceptable 2C. Still a terrible contract and term to take on. I really like Johansen and would not be mad taking on his contract. Ideally, I want Jarnkrok.

Reactions: ndolla

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
My go at it:

Domi - Kerfoot - Kahun

Dunn - Demelo
Dillon - Shattenkirk
Butcher - Miller

Kahkonen
Driedger
DeSmith

Not a comment on yours in particular, but there is such a thing as too much of a veteran presence. A player like Bean won't develop sitting up in the pressbox all the time. The next Nate Schmidt/William Karlsson/Shea Theodore needs opportunity to become that. Some guys need to be flipped immediately.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What's the point for the Blues to expose Tarasenko? Don't tell me there isn't at least one team that would've given them at least a 7th rd pick.

Even if it's at 50% salary retained, the contract expires in 2 years.

They want his whole cap gone, to spend on Landeskog.

Taking another team's captain, giving them the $ and term they want, connections to a former teammate & suspicions of tamering. Where have I heard this before?...

Last edited:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Ok. Fine. He is better than a 3c. Acceptable 2C. Still a terrible contract and term to take on. I really like Johansen and would not be mad taking on his contract. Ideally, I want Jarnkrok.

Agreed, Jarnkrok can play either wing or center in a pinch, and can play pretty much any line and is a good PKer with a great contract. Very useful selection for Seattle if he's chosen.

grewalwings

May 23, 2014
Ontario
Anaheim – Josh Mahura (RFA)
Arizona – Tyler Pitlick ($1,750,000)
Boston - Connor Clifton ($1,000,000)
Buffalo - Zemgus Girgensons ($2,200,000)
Calgary - Mark Giordano ($6,750,000)
Carolina - Dougie Hamilton (UFA)
Chicago - Nikita Zadorov (RFA)
Colorado - Gabriel Landeskog (UFA)
Columbus – Max Domi ($5,300,000)
Dallas - Adam Mascherin (RFA)
Detroit - Troy Stecher ($1,700,000)
Edmonton - Tyler Benson (RFA)
Florida - Chris Driedger (UFA)
Los Angeles - Carl Grundstrom ($725,000)
Minnesota - Kaapo Kähkönen ($725,000)
Montreal - Cale Fleury (RFA)
Nashville - Calle Jarnkrok ($2,000,000)
New Jersey - Nathan Bastian ($825,000)
New York Islanders – Josh Bailey ($5,000,000)
New York Rangers - Julien Gauthier ($775,000)
Ottawa – Ryan Dzingel (UFA)
Philadelphia - Robert Hagg ($1,600,000)
Pittsburgh – Jason Zucker ($5,500,000)
San Jose – Nicolas Meloche ($750,000)
St. Louis – Vladimir Tarasenko ($7,500,000)
Tampa Bay - Yanni Gourde ($5,166,666)
Toronto – Jared McCann ($2,940,000)
Vancouver - Matthew Highmore ($725,000)
Washington - Vitek Vanecek ($716,667)
Winnipeg – Dylan DeMelo ($3,000,000)

Cap Hit: $56,648,333
Cap Space: $24,851,667

Forwards

Landeskog - Gourde - Tarasenko
Domi – McCann – Bailey
Zucker - Jarnkrok - Dzingel
Grundstrom – Benson - Pitlick
Depth – Girgensons, Bastian, Gauthier, Mascherin, Highmore
Defense
Giordano – Hamilton
Zadorov – DeMelo
Mahura – Stecher
Depth – Clifton, Hagg, Meloche
Goalies
Vanecek
Driedger
Depth - Kähkönen

Opted against Price, he's a solid playoff performer and all but he's 35. Team is weak at center, I think Seattle trades Gio, Zucker and Domi come trade deadline. Also, I was tempted to take Johansen from Nashville just because I think he would do really well besides Tarasenko and Landeskog, Jarnkrok was probably the safer pick.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Price at half hit? Absolutely.

Why cripple your brand new franchise with an atrocious contract for a number of years though?

As I said in the Price thread, Price and a back up are worth as much cap hit as Bishop and Quick, and their contracts end much sooner. Plus one injury doesn't cripple the team further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad