News: Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft Thread [Part II]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Seattle will probably focus on building the best team they can instead of trying to screw Tampa, sorry to burst some bubbles. If they want to take Cal Foote, who has been meh at best since he was drafted, by all means go for it. Then watch someone like Palat or Gourde get dealt to a divisional rival and see how glad they are about it...

Off the top of my head, Palat is better than any forward I can think of who has been exposed to the draft (excluding UFA cases like Ovechkin/Landeskog). Perhaps Tarasenko at 100% could challenge that but nobody else comes to mind. The ball is in Seattle's court, but if all they walk away with is Cal Foote, that's a massive failure by them.

Reactions: Lightning1995

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Seattle will probably focus on building the best team they can instead of trying to screw Tampa, sorry to burst some bubbles. If they want to take Cal Foote, who has been meh at best since he was drafted, by all means go for it. Then watch someone like Palat or Gourde get dealt to a divisional rival and see how glad they are about it...

Off the top of my head, Palat is better than any forward I can think of who has been exposed to the draft (excluding UFA cases like Ovechkin/Landeskog). Perhaps Tarasenko at 100% could challenge that but nobody else comes to mind. The ball is in Seattle's court, but if all they walk away with is Cal Foote, that's a massive failure by them.

I like Palat, but come on - Tank at 80% is better and I like Voracek who is out there too.

Likely more.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I like Palat, but come on - Tank at 80% is better and I like Voracek who is out there too.

Likely more.
Well I mentioned Tarasenko. 80%, not sure about that one. Voracek hasn't done anything to warrant being comfortably ahead of Palat at this time. There are a couple players you can argue but it doesn't really alter my statement.

Jul 6, 2016
Landeskog - Gourde - Tarasenko
Hyman - Domi - Bailey
Jarnkrok - Kerfoot - Appleton

Is a solid top 9.

Landeskog and Hyman are UFA... They can offer their services to any other 31 teams.. I don't think they gonna want to sign witj an expansion team. All the others have valid NHL contracts and could be kept in Seattle.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland

Wouldn't they be okay with a side deal then? If SEA came forward saying they'd select Joseph/Foote but would be open to a trade, wouldn't TB listen? If they had the space to take a say Killorn or Gourde without sending back salary or - If TB so wanted - sending back a cheap, recently drafted player back as a replacement, why wouldn't that work out?

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
Apparently the selected players will model the team's jerseys at the expansion draft. So if the players know in advance, I hope there will be leaks.
Source:

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Landeskog and Hyman are UFA... They can offer their services to any other 31 teams.. I don't think they gonna want to sign witj an expansion team. All the others have valid NHL contracts and could be kept in Seattle.
He also has them somehow selecting 2 guys from the Leafs. Was one traded to select the other?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Apparently the selected players will model the team's jerseys at the expansion draft. So if the players know in advance, I hope there will be leaks.
Source:

Kraken submit list to NHL no later than 10 hours (10amET) before the show,
there will certainly be leaks, most if not every team

maybe not the details of side trades which influenced those picks,
but the picks will likely be mostly known,
to those (us...) who try to find out, well before the televised event

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Unless they want to take 7 year contracts with someone else that isn't their own team.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Wouldn't they be okay with a side deal then? If SEA came forward saying they'd select Joseph/Foote but would be open to a trade, wouldn't TB listen? If they had the space to take a say Killorn or Gourde without sending back salary or - If TB so wanted - sending back a cheap, recently drafted player back as a replacement, why wouldn't that work out?

Prospect + Palat/Gourde/Killorn would require the Kraken to send something back. Retained salary on a decent forward could be interesting.

Prospect + Johnson would probably be given to the Kraken for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad