News: Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft Thread [Part II]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alb Tkachuk

Jun 13, 2004
Germany
Sorry if it's off-topic but does anybody know if the TV-coverage of the Expansion Draft will be available in re-live afterwards?
Since it will take place at 2am German Time on a weekday and I have no clue where to watch this would be great.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Sorry if it's off-topic but does anybody know if the TV-coverage of the Expansion Draft will be available in re-live afterwards?
Since it will take place at 2am German Time on a weekday and I have no clue where to watch this would be great.
Perhaps not in it's entirety, but YouTube will definitely have hilites and summary version.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Check the internet like YouTube I am sure somebody will post it there.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I can't imagine there will be much to see
It's more like a tournament bracket reveal show than a draft.
The selections are filed w league no less than 10 hours earlier, and likely almost all will have leaked well before that show starts

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
If I'm Seattle, I'm definitely taking Price and Giordano. They are the best available at their positions.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seattle Ownership has signed off on taking Price if management wants to

also, Seattle may make the Habs pay to keep Price

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Do the Kraken have access to available players Medicals at this time?

Yes, they get access to every selectable players medicals.

Apparently there’s some unrest behind the scenes because teams feel Montreal is intentionally making a mockery of the expansion process by just announcing this Price injury, and not having the medical stuff to support it because Price doesn’t see a doctor until next week apprently

Reactions: Lempo and SI90

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If I'm Seattle, I'm definitely taking Price and Giordano. They are the best available at their positions.

There are so many good overpaid players in the NHL right now with teams struggling to stay under. Feel like an injured Price/Giordano taking up 17M of cap is not really good decisions long term. They can easily acquire a big contract an get assets back for taking the big contracts. Basically doubling their assets. For example, Vegas took Fleury yes...but they also got a 2nd round pick with him.

brent 44

Jul 11, 2010
I think a lot of people are forgetting that the Vegas Golden Knights first season was basically catching lightning in a bottle. Everything that could possibly go right, did. The idea that the Kraken will be a cup contender their first year with the likes of Gourde, Duchesne, Eberle and Giordano is wishful thinking. Their best plan is to take younger guys with upside. Keep the cap hit low and fill in the roster with free agents and draft picks. If they suck the first few years, it doesn't matter, the arena's going to sell out either way.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think a lot of people are forgetting that the Vegas Golden Knights first season was basically catching lightning in a bottle. Everything that could possibly go right, did. The idea that the Kraken will be a cup contender their first year with the likes of Gourde, Duchesne, Eberle and Giordano is wishful thinking. Their best plan is to take younger guys with upside. Keep the cap hit low and fill in the roster with free agents and draft picks. If they suck the first few years, it doesn't matter, the arena's going to sell out either way.

Weren't they forced to play their 5th string goalie at one point?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
There are so many good overpaid players in the NHL right now with teams struggling to stay under. Feel like an injured Price/Giordano taking up 17M of cap is not really good decisions long term. They can easily acquire a big contract an get assets back for taking the big contracts. Basically doubling their assets. For example, Vegas took Fleury yes...but they also got a 2nd round pick with him.

Price and Giordano are two different things.

Price contract is long and ugly.

Giordano has 1 year left, at the trade dead line, he might get a late 1st rounder or most likely a 2nd round pick.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
If I was Seattle, I would take Cal Foote over all those forwards on TBL. They are forced to trade some of them anyways. Taking Cal Foote would be much more detrimental to Tampa and you can retain one of the other forwards afterwards.

Defence:
Bean - DeAngelo
Soucy - Foote
Dunn - Miller
Zadorov

Wingers will be easy to find. Centers will be difficult. But Vegas has been competitive with below average centers since its inception.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Zucker - Johansen - Tarasenko
Donskoi - Henrique - Boulet
Kase - Bailey - Appleton
Names - True - Stenlund
Eakin, Lind, Abramov, Merkley, Caamano, Wagner

Giordano - DeAngelo
Gostisbehere - Zadorov
Lyubushkin - Soucy
Dermott, Bean, Klefbom (injured)

Price
Driedger
Vanecek

playoffs

seattle isnt taking that nyr player. PR nightmare

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Zucker - Johansen - Tarasenko
Donskoi - Henrique - Boulet
Kase - Bailey - Appleton
Names - True - Stenlund
Eakin, Lind, Abramov, Merkley, Caamano, Wagner

Giordano - DeAngelo
Gostisbehere - Zadorov
Lyubushkin - Soucy
Dermott, Bean, Klefbom (injured)

Price
Driedger
Vanecek

playoffs

Bailey isn't a center in the NHL anymore and only plays there occasionally when injuries hit. No team would take him to be their second line center.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I love the game being played by Francis and Bergevin at the moment.

Habs: He's pretty hurt, he might miss significant time....plus he costs a lot

Kraken: Ownership has given us the "Ok", so might pick him anyways...unless you want us not to pick him, then it will cost you.

Habs are up to bat next...

I'm betting on this-

Habs: If I wanted to protect him, I would have...besides, he might need to retire from his injuries anyways...it's looking pretty grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA