Petterson - Lauzon
Soucy ——Zadorov
(Bean, Mahura)

Goalie (2 @ 4.2M )

Dreidger UFA (Signed at 3.5)
Vanecek

Total Cap Hit (23 @ 70.6M)

*waiver fodder/AHL depth*
(Cholowski, Mascherin, Cale Fleury, Torkoski, Gadjovich, J. Gauthier.)

Last edited:

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
For some reason i dont remember at all how the Vegas draft went except for MAF

Will it go 1st pick, 2nd pick up to #30 or From Anaheim we pick, from Boston we pick... all the way to Winnipeg or
just show a graphic with all 30 names at once.

Will we have real surprises or all the picks leaked cause they contacted the players before hand

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
For some reason i dont remember at all how the Vegas draft went except for MAF

Will it go 1st pick, 2nd pick up to #30 or From Anaheim we pick, from Boston we pick... all the way to Winnipeg or
just show a graphic with all 30 names at once.

Will we have real surprises or all the picks leaked cause they contacted the players before hand

Seattle is saying that some of the players they select will be on hand in Seattle at the ED party, so the players will definitely know before hand.

Reactions: viper0220

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I have a question for a little further down the road and apologize if it has been asked and answered elsewhere.

So Seattle has picked their 30 players in the ED. They've gone through camp and have selected their 23 man NHL roster - leaving 7 guys that can help them stock their AHL affiliate.

Will the guys they reassign to Charlotte have a waiver exemption because they were picked in the ED? How about anyone they trade for or sign? Would they get a one time waiver exemption or are they up for grabs for the league.

It seems to me that this period is intended to help Seattle stock an NHL organization with players that includes the 23 man roster and players at the AHL level. I would think that a waiver exemption would be appropriate, but I can't find the answer to that question and what specific rules there are, if any for players acquired this summer by ED, trade, waivers, or free agency if/when they need to be reassigned.

Thanks.

Expect Seattle to do the same thing Vegas did--flip about a half dozen of the selected players to other teams, and pick a couple UFA's that they don't sign. Note: those UFA's might be picked as the result of side deals with the respective teams.

Vegas draft flipped players:
- Methot - Dallas
- TVR - Carolina
- Schlemko - Montreal
- Emelin - Nashville
- Pickard - Toronto

Vegas UFA Players
- Connor Brickley (side deal with Carolina)
- Chris Thorburn (side deal with Winnipeg)
- JF Berube (side deal with NYI)

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
No way I take Price . I’d rather use the cap space to offer a crazy amount on Landeskog and or Hamilton .
I know no guarantee they will sign but you talk with them and see if a possibility and offer them crazy $$ . Fill out the rest of the roster with cheap/ young players in some slots. Pass on players like Duchene JVR . Only overpay for critical positions that do nkt have lots of term. Easier said than done as who knows if Seattle wants to compete right out of the gate but ha e possible cap issues movi g forward , or do they go cheap and have maximum cap flexibility or do they do something in between ? Somewhat competitive but not taking the simple best player available as it would cost big $$
I’d thin that Giordano , Jake Bean , Zadorov , DeMelo , McCann , should be some slam dunk for sure picks but …
Would you do Tarasenko and flip him or just take Dunn ? I guess it all depends on where you are at cap wise . Maybe you need to have Dunn and his cost certainty or can you get an impact player / assets for flipping Tarasenko? Very interesting

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
No way I take Price . I’d rather use the cap space to offer a crazy amount on Landeskog and or Hamilton .
I know no guarantee they will sign but you talk with them and see if a possibility and offer them crazy $$ . Fill out the rest of the roster with cheap/ young players in some slots. Pass on players like Duchene JVR . Only overpay for critical positions that do nkt have lots of term. Easier said than done as who knows if Seattle wants to compete right out of the gate but ha e possible cap issues movi g forward , or do they go cheap and have maximum cap flexibility or do they do something in between ? Somewhat competitive but not taking the simple best player available as it would cost big $$

100%

If you can land Landeskog and one of Danault/Larsson, you have your choice of Dreidger, Vanacek, Kahkonen, Holtby, etc. for free. Price is undoubtedly still good, but why would you tie up 10.5M in a goalie who will be 34 before the season starts with 5 years remaining on his contract. 10.5M until age 39? You could have Dreidger, Kahkonen and Vanacek for 5.5M. That 5M extra cap space could be Danault or Larsson.

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
Anaheim Ducks
Alexander Volkov (F)
Arizona Coyotes
Christian Fischer (F)
Boston Bruins
Jeremy Lauzon (D)
Buffalo Sabres
Carter Hutton (G)
Calgary Flames
Oliver Kylington (D)
Carolina Hurricanes
Jake Bean (D)
Chicago Blackhawks
Calvin de Haan (D)
Colorado Avalanche
Erik Johnson (D)
Columbus Blue Jackets
Max Domi (F)
Dallas Stars
Joel L'Esperance (F)
Detroit Red Wings
Evgeny Svechnikov (F)
Edmonton Oilers
Tyler Benson (F)
Florida Panthers
Chris Driedger (G)
Los Angeles Kings
Carl Grundstrom (F)
Minnesota Wild
Kaapo Kahkonen (G)
Montreal Canadiens
Jonathan Drouin (F)
Nashville Predators
Calle Jarnkrok (F)
New Jersey Devils
Andreas Johnsson (F)
New York Islanders
Josh Bailey (F)
New York Rangers
Colin Blackwell (F)
Ottawa Senators
Evgenii Dadonov (F)
Philadelphia Flyers
Shayne Gostisbehere (D)
Pittsburgh Penguins
Brandon Tanev (F)
San Jose Sharks
Radim Simek (D)
St. Louis Blues
Vince Dunn (D)
Tampa Bay Lightning
Ross Colton (F)
Toronto Maple Leafs
Alexander Kerfoot (F)
Vancouver Canucks
Jonah Gadjovich (F)
Washington Capitals
Vitek Vanecek (G)
Winnipeg Jets
Mason Appleton (F)

here's who i'd take hire me seattle or any nhl team!!!! or blue jays!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: um and LokiDog

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I’d thin that Giordano , Jake Bean , Zadorov , DeMelo , McCann , should be some slam dunk for sure picks but …
Would you do Tarasenko and flip him or just take Dunn ? I guess it all depends on where you are at cap wise . Maybe you need to have Dunn and his cost certainty or can you get an impact player / assets for flipping Tarasenko? Very interesting
Only, thing I do different is pick Blais instead of either Tarasenko or Dunn. That's depending on need at forward or defense. I think won't matter because probably be used in trade.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
here's who i'd take hire me seattle or any nhl team!!!! or blue jays!!!

I'd only make a few changes. Definitely Gourde over Ross. Tierney over Dadanov for center depth/cap flexibility. I'd probably lean Bellows over Bailey from NYI, but that's a coin toss. I wouldn't take Drouin though with his leave of absence and questions about health/mental state. I'd take Giordano over Kylington unless compensated not to - Gio at 50% to a contender at the TDL gets you back a more valuable piece than Kylington and there's plenty of D available. And I don't think I'd take EJ's contract from Colorado, even though I'm a fan. If I'm Seattle, as the only other team that can offer him 8 years, I'm taking advantage of Landeskog being exposed and throwing him the bag, as the Colorado pick. Overall solid. Similar to mine. Maybe they wanna hire us both lol

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Seattle should go the opposite direction of Vegas and try to tank. There are multiple players in upcoming drafts (not this one mind you) that you would love to build a franchise around.

The nature of expansion makes it almost difficult to build a bottom five team, but if I were Francis that would be my goal. Try to squeeze these teams hoping you don't pick certain players to get any additional picks and just field a bad team.

It's just tempting to go for it given the energy of being in a new market and frankly the weakness of the division they will play in. The #3 spot could very well be in their sights. I just think long run, that doesn't help the franchise have ongoing success.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If I'm Francis, I tell Tampa I'm taking Blake Coleman unless they pony up.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
When can Seattle start signing UFA's?

They can talk to/come to an agreement with any non-protected UFA right now, but likely won't announce if they signed any until Wednesday. And only one per team - so for example, if they were trying to sign Danault they couldn't also sign Armia because the player they sign right now would count as their ED selection - 1 per team. After that, free agency opens for everyone on the 28th, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Reactions: viper0220

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Sorry if it's off-topic but does anybody know if the TV-coverage of the Expansion Draft will be available in re-live afterwards? Since it will take place at 2am German Time on a weekday and I have no clue where to watch this would be great.

I can't imagine there will be much to see. It's more like a tournament bracket reveal show than a draft.
The selections are filed w league no less than 10 hours earlier, and likely almost all will have leaked well before that show starts

this becomes less hockey-compelling by the moment

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
In which they turn around and take someone else like Foote so JBB has to play cap gymnastics to get the team to be compliant come October.

Ok then the Bolts make a couple trades with any of dozens of teams that want a top 6 forward. You are making it seem like it will be hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad