GDT: Seattle Kraken Draft & Trades II - 8 PM ESPN2, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
At the end of the day with all the defensemen they picked it just goes to show how the league values a guy like Nick Ritchie...

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I feel like Francis’ objective in this draft was to make sure everyone who exposed players with big contracts continued to be stuck with them. Even if they were the BPA lol.

We’ll see what they cook up for trades though. I imagine they’ll take on some contracts for assets now.

Reactions: EvilDead and Bodit9

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You think so?

That's pretty much what I thought he'd be signed for.

Yup.

I mean I would want him on my team to crack some heads when needed but I wouldn't want to tie him up over 4 mil per for the next 5 years on him. He's a serviceable 5-7 defenseman but I think at that price tag is a little to much, imo.

Im thinking he's right around 2.5-3 mil per defenseman, but maybe he's worth more but if I'm the kraken I would of spent money elsewhere and I think at first glance Ronnie Francis hasn't put together a very good team considering who was available.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Hard to believe this is true. If it is, then Francis should be let go for gross mismanagement. I guess we will find out tomorrow what the deal is since ESPN gave zero insight into anything about side deals.

But they did give us insight into throwing around Seafood.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
What a dud. What’s next? NHL draft, well let’s announce the first round tomorrow. Just brutal. This is why Seattle won’t come close to duplicate what Vegas did. Vegas was one in a million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad