Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
upload_2021-7-20_16-26-26.png

All things Kraken Draft and Expansion related trades.

Expansion, NHL Draft television information announced

entire list:

NHL.com Media Site

Important NHL dates:

July 17: Deadline for teams to submit protected lists for Seattle Expansion Draft (5 p.m. ET).
July 17: At 3 p.m. the Expansion Draft trade and waiver freeze begins. No NHL SPCs can be signed in this period except by Seattle in relation to the draft. All other teams must live with their roster as it exists during the freeze. Seattle is able to sign pending UFAs and RFAs to SPCs (see below) and also to make trades with teams that will be finalized by the league when the freeze is lifted. But two other teams cannot make side deals, nor can they re-sign their own UFAs or RFAs during this period.
July 18-20: Seattle's exclusive window to interview teams' unprotected pending free agents.
July 21: Seattle Expansion Draft (8 p.m. ET).

July 22: Expansion draft roster freeze ends

July 23: 2021 NHL Draft, Round 1.
July 24: 2021 NHL Draft, Rounds 2-7.

July 26: Qualifying offers due to restricted free agents (Kase, Ritchie, Wolff, Lantosi, Booth, Senyshyn, Arnesson, Cehlarik, JFK). Players can not sign them until July 28.

July 27: First buyout period ends. There's a second window if teams go to arbitration. Can buyout contracts over $4 million.

July 27: Teams can begin to talk to other club's RFA's regarding an offer sheet. Cannot sign until July 28.

July 28: NHL free agency opens. RFA & UFA signing period begins (noon ET).

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
After everything we heard about Hall, hearing things about Suter doesn't surprise me. However, perhaps coming here he can be good and not a drag?

Just a thought.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll start off thread with not surprised if Zboril is picked as being reported

Leach likes and he’s more a complete player than Lauzon

I read Matt Porter 3 part series assessing the type of players Frederic DeBrusk Ritchie Zboril Lauzon & Clifton are and only one he was off on - and off was Zboril

best scenario for everyone and especially Zboril is go to Seattle

simplifies the Bruins D big time

right side set but a 4th guy and left side needs only 1 top 2 pair with Vaakanainen being 4th

nice and neat

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
After everything we heard about Hall, hearing things about Suter doesn't surprise me. However, perhaps coming here he can be good and not a drag?

Just a thought.

Why would he be a drag? I've never heard anything about Suter relative to good locker room guy, bad locker room guy. He's 36 and durable. If they can get him for a decent price -- a big if -- I'd sign him.

They have nothing in the cubbard. Sweeney has traded away first round picks more than once, and again, the Bruins prospect pool has been rated at or near the bottom of the league. Think about that.

I don't know what the experts around here say about Suter, but I'd at least inquire, and that appears to be the case.

Reactions: BMC

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

I read Matt Porter 3 part series assessing the type of players Frederic DeBrusk Ritchie Zboril Lauzon & Clifton are and only one he was off on - and off was Zboril

right side set but a 4th guy and left side needs only 1 top 2 pair with Vaakanainen being 4th

nice and neat
Crap if this is true I’m the happiest guy on the board! For me Zboril’s mental game is terrible. This won’t get better with age.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Jtoms

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Why would he be a drag? I've never heard anything about Suter relative to good locker room guy, bad locker room guy. He's 36 and durable. If they can get him for a decent price -- a big if -- I'd sign him.

They have nothing in the cubbard. Sweeney has traded away first round picks more than once, and again, the Bruins prospect pool has been rated at or near the bottom of the league. Think about that.

I don't know what the experts around here say about Suter, but I'd at least inquire, and that appears to be the case.
Based on things Dom has hinted I would have to believe things we heard about Hall and those we heard about Suter are vastly of a different nature.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

Go search the topic last night Dom and Wally shed light on him being a manchild

Reactions: Mione134

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Great regular season D. Not tough enough for playoff hockey for me.
They wiped out Capitals who were very tough

they were up 2-1 in series when Carlo was in lineup

they are and were plenty tough enough - the problem was
1. Injuries to Carlo specifically
2. Miller toughness

the same team that went into Capitals game 5 (Miller got hurt) crushes Islanders 4 maybe 5 games

Reactions: 13Hockey

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
“I’d be really unhappy if I left Tampa. I plan on retiring here. I really don’t want to go to Seattle.”

I completely took Killorn's quote out of context. I thought he just flat out said he didn't want to go to Seattle but what he really is saying that he wants to retire as a TBL. I have a lot of respect for him as much as I may dislike playing against him. Don't have any problem with this anymore.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't say they'd crush them but I'd probably give them the edge. Maybe I'm biased idk.
Bruins were 6-2 against Washington & Islanders both overtime loses and they lose Carlo on top of Miller. Screwed

5 games max

I think Tampa beats Bruins in 6

if there payroll Is same as Boston taking Bruins in 4 maybe Tampa goalie steals a game

Reactions: bbfan419

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They wiped out Capitals who were very tough

they were up 2-1 in series when Carlo was in lineup

they are and were plenty tough enough - the problem was
1. Injuries to Carlo specifically
2. Miller toughness

the same team that went into Capitals game 5 (Miller got hurt) crushes Islanders 4 maybe 5 games
Orlov's probably the happiest guy in the world to read about Miller's retirement. Will be watching Marchand around him when they play again.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

nice and neat

Zboril actually kind of makes sense if you think about it. He's got the highest offensive ceiling of the 3 defensemen options. Frankly, none of the Bruins expansion options are particularly good, so if you're Seattle, just go with the one with the highest ceiling, unless you can line up a trade for another one.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Bruins were 6-2 against Washington & Islanders both overtime loses and they lose Carlo on top of Miller. Screwed

5 games max

I think Tampa beats Bruins in 6

if there payroll Is same as Boston taking Bruins in 4 maybe Tampa goalie steals a game

With his 80 lbs of extra large goalie equipment. He made Price look like a Somalia marathon runner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad